Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

VG Backlog Report: Month to Month

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 625 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 7:40:07 AM PDT
Athas says:
I love Riley's mission, I always end up picking the combat armor reward, just cuz i like being an honorary member lol.

@Foge - How was Assassin Creed:Brotherhood? AC:B is a collection of sequel games I have on queue (batman ac, lego hp 5-7, bioshock 2, TW2, etc)

Posted on May 14, 2012 7:44:17 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I really enjoyed it. I was skeptical at first since it released so quickly after AC II but its a great game. A solid 15 hours or so for me of near non stop action and interesting plot. I may have rushed it a big though. Def try it for a couple hours. It should get you hooked quickly. Im excited to play AC III so am going to have to grab Revelations here pretty soon.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 7:46:56 AM PDT
I enjoyed ACII and Brotherhood as well, but I'm burnt on the Ezio formula. III looks to be a nice change of pace, so I'll probably just read the wiki or something to catch up on the story I missed by not playing Revelations.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 7:49:04 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Ah that's lame, I figured there would be.

Oh well, I'll do them anyway haha.

Posted on May 14, 2012 7:51:15 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Anyone played Revelations? Is it good? Better or worse than Brotherhood?

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:03:58 AM PDT
Athas says:
That is prolly my plan too... ACII, ACB, then ACIII. My personal AC triology so to speak.

@Strider - I think the fishing and gardening trophies/achievements were the most pain, but they were so reminescent of ffXI, I had to do them, especially fishing. (same bait names and fishes, go figure) If you get those, then the game is plat/100%-able.

Posted on May 14, 2012 8:05:00 AM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
As usual I'll post my update when I get home. Aggressive internet filters at work and so forth.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:05:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012 8:09:36 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Heh, I guess mine will be the true numbered trilogy - ACI, ACII, ACIII. At this point, I'm pretty sure I'll be skipping the Ezio spin-offs, and just read the plot on a wiki.

Posted on May 14, 2012 8:06:37 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Brotherhood is hardly a spinoff. Id check it out if you can fit it in.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:07:08 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I thought it was better than Brotherhood, I think I'm the only one though.

Posted on May 14, 2012 8:16:53 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Haha I hear ya Strider. Im looking forward to it. Assassins Creed is one of those series that I cant get enough. But they need to space out the games more. I only want to play 1 game every 18 months or so. Thats why I m behind.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:18:00 AM PDT
There are a lot of Final Fantasy references in Nier. I didn't even realize that they even put FFXI in there too until reading your post. That's too funny.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:34:40 AM PDT
Athas says:
Shadowlord was also the main boss of the vanilla ff11. That was actually my first cue that nier was a squaresoft game that I had never heard of til then.

And the first time I fished out a rusty bucket on Nier, I had to smile, anyone who fished on ff11 would have groaned at that reference, including my wife who used to fish tons on ff11.

Nier was a nice trip down memory lane for me. As Strider said, equippable armor would have been really nice (with corresponding appearances), but i'm happy enough with the weapon upgrades.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:36:11 AM PDT
There's a major Final Fantasy IV moment at the end of act I. I won't go into detail as not to spoil it for anyone.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:41:44 AM PDT
Athas says:
that's right that was nice scene, & strider certainly wouldn't thank you for spoiling it.

even kaine and yonah's names, don't you think? and kaine was about as foul mouthed as cid highwind was.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:45:18 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Kaine does jump alot =p

Posted on May 14, 2012 6:28:07 PM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
Number of backlogged games: 73
Time To Complete: 90 Days 18 hours and 54 minutes.

Games beaten in the last month: 3
Witcher 2
Darksiders
Homefront

Games purchased within the last month: 1
Witcher 2

Net change: -2
Net hour change: +33 minutes.

Doesn't seem fair when you actually lose games but gain time, does it? But the backlog went down by 2. Curse you people and your constantly shifting times to completion!

Posted on May 15, 2012 7:10:08 AM PDT
Athas says:
Month 9 Evaluation leading up to 5/15/12:

- most # of games beaten in 30 days: 4 (ATHAS)
- most # of games purchased in 30 days: 5 (KIRKSPLOSION)
- Backlog equal to or less then in the past 30 days: (ATHAS, FOGE, McAWESOMEO)
- most game time up, # of games down: + 1 day, 7 hour, 27 minutes (FOGE)
- least game time up, # of games down: + 33 minutes (McAWESOMEO)

Comments: You're right, it really doesn't seem fair when your total # shrinks but gain time.

Countdown to 1 year of Backlog Reporting: 3 more reports!

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 7:14:38 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
How do we count Compilations? As one game or three?

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 7:16:57 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
If you're playing three different games, I'd count them as three separate "entries".

Posted on May 15, 2012 7:16:58 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Pretty awesome stuff. Good job keeping up with all of this Athas.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 7:17:01 AM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
I personally count mine as one.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 7:17:05 AM PDT
Athas says:
it's really your call, i think kirk only count the ones he plans to play when obtains bundles and/or compilations. depends on how you see it, as long as you're consistent about it.

Posted on May 15, 2012 7:18:13 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I cant believe we have been doing this for a year. Mine is gonna get ugly next month. I just bought Skyrim. Although I should beat Starhawk and Max Payne 3 by that time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 7:26:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 7:42:21 AM PDT
Athas says:
If i can locate the other 2 threads going back to sept&oct, i'll put together a nice yearly progress for the 1 year anniversary. Should be interesting.

(edit: found them, pasted the thread on first post.)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  625
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2011
Latest post:  8 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions