Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Breaking Bad. How good is this show?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 1:23:26 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
I'm asking this because I've never seen one episode but a lot of my co workers talk about it. Amazon has the 1st 4 seasons on Blu Ray for $11.99 a piece. What do you guys think about it?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:25:11 PM PST
Technosapien says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:25:48 PM PST
I've been watching it for years and absolutely love it. They have it on Netflix so I highly suggest giving it a watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:25:57 PM PST
I've seen some episodes, and they are REALLY good. Really, a terrific show, with excellent writing, acting, direction, and its gripping as all heck. It's worth the price.

I think you can catch episodes online...Not sure where.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:27:02 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
Amazing show! The wife and I just started this year. Saw it was on Netflix instant and thought we give it a go. Watched the first episode and we were addicts. We didn't watch anything else until we got caught up. Now we're patiently waiting for the final half of this season to air.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:28:12 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Its one of the best shows on TV IMO. I rate it about even with Boardwalk Empire and better than my other favs: Homeland, Dexter, Walking Dead, and Mad Men.

Bryan Cranston is the best actor on TV in his role as Walter White IMO, and the show is very addictive. I would recommend it to anyone, especially those who like edgy action driven shows.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:28:34 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:28:43 PM PST
I've heard people with varying opinions on this show. Some people have said it was good while others have said it was SOOO GOOD!!!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:30:20 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
The 4th season is probably one of the greatest seasons of TV ever. You can watch it on Netflix now though, so you can pay a fraction of that price.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:32:21 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
P.S. I initially watched the first 4-5 eps a few years back and didn't like the tone of the show at all. I reluctantly gave it another shot last summer, and got sucked in by the end of the 1st season. I know people's time is valuable, but if you can, give it a try and stick with at least one season.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:32:35 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
You think its cool to make fun of people with cerebral palsy?

You probably didn't know so I won't give you a hard time, but the actor who plays Walt Jr. actually has cerebral palsy and still acts.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:36:41 PM PST
Prankster says:
I have seen the first season and I think it's okay. It's a bit implausible but hey it's a TV show. Also, I have heard it gets better as the seasons move along, so the first is quite easily the weakest. However, that being said, I found myself watching only one episode at a time and not more.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:39:25 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
I would agree that the first season is the weakest. It's a show that gets better every season. May not be for everyone though. I find Mad Men to be boring , but a lot of my friends like it. Same with Sopranos.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:40:43 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
Well if Metacritic is the god to judge everything by. Season one got a 74% while season 2 has an 85%, then 89%, 96% and finally season 5 with 99%!

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/breaking-bad/season-5

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:49:56 PM PST
M. Stifler says:
Top notch.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:50:08 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
Sites rating TV shows is my pet peeve, along with music ratings. lol

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:57:44 PM PST
Kendahl says:
Like someone said it's pretty ridiculous but in a good way. Totally unbelievable but if you suspend your disbelief it's one of the best shows ever...

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:59:42 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
Is suspending belief that hard to do with TV shows? Who's watching Breaking Bad and thinking "That's not how I'd sell meth at all!!"

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:14:03 PM PST
Shanghaied says:
I think it's one of the best written shows to come around in a while, with seasons 3 and 4 being the absolute pinnacle.

Suspending any disbelief you might have (I think it's somewhat believable honestly) should be easily done as compared to the vampire/zombie/worthless tween hipster trash that plagues television these days.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:16:26 PM PST
If that was supposed to be a dig on Walking Dead you've crossed the line sir.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:17:55 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Sounds like he is making fun of True Blood to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:25:36 PM PST
That's what I'm hoping but I don't know of many other shows out there that feature zombies.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:47:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 2:52:20 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Brilliant series. I believe you can watch the first 4 seasons on Netflix, don't quote me on that.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:13:57 PM PST
IMO it's one of, if not the best show on television today.

The first season to some people can be trying, but once you get past that your in for one hell of a ride. Plus, the acting is top notch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:45:54 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
Agreed. The main characters should be Emmy nominated every year. Plus, the villains are pretty intense. It's like Kenan and Kel gone wrong. Two crazy guys always getting into trouble. Except the orange soda is meth.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Why are supposedly "fair & balanced" VGFers quick to step on the Sonymite's nuts when he trolls, but ALWAYS give the Xbot that does the same a free pass or even a high-five? 236 2 minutes ago
PSN: Flash Sale, Racing games (MotorStorm Apocalypse, NFS Most Wanted, $5, Sonic All Stars $10 and more) 22 2 minutes ago
OT: Take a Look Inside Satanists' Kids Activity Book That Might Soon Be Handed Out to Public School Students 84 2 minutes ago
Do You Plan On Buying A Xbox One? Congratulations! You Just Bought The Worlds Most Expensive Doorstop. 24 5 minutes ago
D4 (Xbox One) Is A Bomba. Currently 77 On Metacritc And Dropping 19 13 minutes ago
Weekend Gaming 9/19 - 9/21 95 14 minutes ago
So what's up with the unhealthy obsession to hate anything Xbox exclusive? 57 33 minutes ago
DoubleFine murders Spacebase DF-9 development 35 41 minutes ago
IGN Shows Minecraft Running on Vita - TGS 2014 1 48 minutes ago
D4 22 48 minutes ago
Ps Plus is not worth it 123 49 minutes ago
Are Video Games Sexist? 140 51 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions