Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Those "holy .. this is it, this is the game I was looking for!" moments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 71 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 17, 2013 5:00:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013 5:01:58 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
It happened to me yesterday night, with Darksiders 2.
Clearing the second big dungeon in order to restore "that" place in order to receive an important key, I just sat down and enjoyed the view, while the valley returned to life with all the water flowing back, with some epic music in the background.
Up to this point, there were puzzles where I would stay 5-8 minutes wondering what the hell would I do, and finding the solution never felt so good. Why was it good? Because of the great combat the game has. Death is fast, agile, strong and a witty character, which never comes off as dull or overly arrogant. It also has a big open world to explore and do whatever you want, while riding a horse.

"This is it" I said, I found a game where I could actually sit down for more than 5 hours and only turn it off because it was late.
Man, I fee like a kid once again.

-Cool story.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 5:12:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013 5:14:35 PM PST
Far Cry 3
Journey
Metroid Prime
RE4
Curse of Monkey Island
Willy Beamish
Zeliard

These are the 7 games I feel like they were made just for me. Playing every single one of these games at some point enveloped my life. They all somehow speak to me not just as great games but feel very in tune with my personality. In fact talking about them makes me want to replay them all.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 5:15:57 PM PST
Technosapien says:
FFXII. I've always been a huge fan of JRPGs and the FF series, but this game was just perfect to me. It's the RPG I've dreamed of for years.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 5:18:28 PM PST
Behemoth says:
Willy Beamish, ha, loved that game.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 5:20:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013 5:27:29 PM PST
Fallout 3. When you leave the vault for the first time, I remember just looking over the wasteland and being in awe. Love that game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 5:24:58 PM PST
Hey says:
I played Willy Beamish on Sega CD when I was a kid. I remember loving the Nintari game but I would always get stuck at the vampire babysitter thing. Also, the loading times were the worst I've ever seen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 5:29:28 PM PST
No loading times on PC thankfully...at least none I remember.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 5:45:31 PM PST
T-Hype says:
Probably when entering Mexico the first time in Red Dead Redemption is the most obvious to me at this moment.

Traversing the snowy mountain side in Journey with a 'friend' was another one that just struck me as incredible; as our steps began to slow it was indeed an emotional moment.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 5:50:35 PM PST
scarface: the world is yours
far cry 3
sleeping dogs
read dead redemption

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 6:27:07 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 15, 2013 7:34:23 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 6:33:31 PM PST
aidenraine says:
Tales of Symphonia
Star Ocean 3
.hack//GU
Ar Tonelico 2
Persona 3
Valkyria Chronicles
Mass Effect 1-3

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 6:34:18 PM PST
Aku says:
Persona 3. At first the sheer Japanese-ness of it was turning me off, but I started enjoying the overall story, the break social links offer between RPG grinding and eventually the music.

The World Ends With You. Again that Japanese setting, this time however it was the insanely complex (and brilliant) gameplay/difficuty shtick I had trouble wrapping my head around.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 6:36:10 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:51 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 6:42:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 7:08:38 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 7:02:50 PM PST
Gmon says:
Dragon age origins
Dragon age 2
Twisted metal 2012

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 7:40:06 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Ohhhh I never played Twilight Princess, I skipped straight to Skyward Sword.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 7:41:52 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Right after you find your wife dead in Dante's Inferno a falls house into hell and the camera pan's down and it almost looks 3D. It gave me vertigo this first time I saw it.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 10:22:11 PM PST
Krypto says:
Super Mario World
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Pokemon Yellow
Resident Evil 4
Half-Life 2
Silent Hill 2

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 12:24:13 AM PST
KO says:
Pokemon Crystal
Xenogears
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (the ending sequence)
Ni No Kuni has the potential.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 4:24:02 AM PST
about... 10 hours I think into Monster hunter Tri is when that moment hit me. I had tried other MH games before that and hated them...

but Tri was different it was a much less steep learning curve and it changed my world.

Also, Patapon was the same. Picked up the Demo to try it out, eithin 3 hours I already drove back to gamestop to pick the game up. Haven't looked back since!

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 4:35:15 AM PST
Peter says:
I pretty much obsessed over Baldurs Gate, NWN, Dragon Age, and Morrowind when they came out. However, over the years, there have been many moments that validated gaming for me.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 6:02:25 AM PST
Skyrim

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 6:16:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 6:37:50 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Rock Band
Uncharted 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Professor Layton and the Curious Village

These are the first games that come to mind when I think of stuff that was freaking impossible for me to put down. Everything else was pushed to the side as I squeezed absolutely as much playtime as possible into these games in the days after their release.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 6:22:15 AM PST
Final Fantasy IV (Well, 2 when I played it)
Super Mario Brothers (Because I had never seen or played anything like it at the time, I played this game SO much)
Metal Gear (NES, this will irritate Fox, but again I had never played anything like it, never beat it as a kid but I tried so many times)
Zelda: ALttP (I would finish this game and immediately start over to make sure I didn't miss anything)
KotOR 1 and 2 (I can play these games over and over trying to create the ultimate Jedi)
Madden 2005 (Creating whole custom teams like I did with Super Tecmo Bowl but with a game that actually played like real football? Yes.)
Diablo 2 (I had no idea what a loot whore I was, but I am one and this was the game for me)
Mass Effect 1 (I've gotten 1,000 gamerscore on it a few times now, I've played this whole game so many times)
Oblivion (I thought I would hate the open world, but this game sucked me in)
Resident Evil 5 (It's the weapon upgrading thing, just obsessive)

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 6:27:57 AM PST
FOGE says:
Mass Effect 1 - first moment was when I was doing the planet exploration. I just love the idea of exploring unknown worlds
- second moment was when talking to Sovereign the first time. Such an evil and unique villain
Mass Effect 2 - first moment was the creepy mission with Jacob (black guy - sorry, not sure if i have his name right) where you look for his father and well... I wont spoil it. Such a crazy mission
- second moment was getting on that collector ship. It was so eery and legitimately creeped me out, which is not easy to do.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  71
Initial post:  Jan 17, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions