Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

to all you trophy/achievement hunters, or people that wanted cod to have online trophies your wish came true

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:25:37 AM PST
FOGE says:
I think most people just enjoy the game, and will get the trophy through playing for fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:24:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 6:25:09 AM PST
I do, and it's red ringed 3 times, this is my fourth. I stopped bothering using it! I more or less got rid of all the games I didn't want on it. I am left with 2 disc games that are xbox exclusives, one is a kinect game, and that is it. I buy everything on the PS3 or PC now. If it breaks, I'm done. And there hasn't been an Xbox exclusive in over 2 years that I have even wanted to play.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 6:07:28 AM PST
My 360 doesn't have blu ray, but it has HDMI and wireless. Do you have one of the original 2005 RRoD models?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:53:13 AM PST
There are those who think it is. And will do things they don't want to or even play games they hate just to get points or plat trophies.

I admit I like getting platinum trophies, it gives me a sense of accomplishment, I 100% Finished a game and it feels good, and it extends the length of a game even more so and provides additional Challenge. But that's just me, there are those out there that HAVE to get every single trophy, or achievement point etc... it really is an interesting thing. My friends brother was at a Hollywood Video's "going out of business" sale. he bought 5 games, all of which were games he hated, JUST to get the points from them. And these were games like Barbie's Something or other, or Things of that like. Games with insanely easy points.

I would never do that :p

When it comes to online trophies, whenever I get a game I take a look at the trophy list and look for 2 things

1. Are there any trophies I can miss during my play through, something like "beat the game on hard mode all the way through"
2. Are there any insanely off the wall impossible trophies that will take me WAAAY to long to do without a guide or just plain do ever. and
3. Are there any complicated online trophies like "Win 10 matches in a row"

Darksiders 2 is a good example. I would never get that platinum trophy without a guide. Ever, and I accepted that, so I used the guide and now I have all but 2 of the trophies and those simply involve me not sucking int he arena.

It's all a matter of personal Preference.

"When did the VGF become so "SONY>M$"? When I first came here is a fairly even battle. Did everyone convert? Or did the xbots leave?"

I have both systems, I don't care which one people use but I just don't like having to pay an additional fee to use something I already paid for. if Xbox live gold was free then it wouldn't bother me. So by that, I lean towards the PS3. Also my PS3 has HDMI, Wireless, and Blu ray. My xbox has none of these things, only has a 13gb HDD, and barely works as it is. I can't play games on it without installing them and that gets old fast.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 2:19:29 PM PST
Dwayne Hicks says:
Online trophies that require boosting like join a team with 5 friends are really annoying level up trophies are fine IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:59:55 PM PST
Sars says:
It takes about 24 to 28 hours to prestige.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:51:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 1:52:00 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I know I played the MP in CoD4 for over 24 hours and never prestiged, so it is definitely a grind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:50:35 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I got to level 16 in MW 1 and I was pretty checked out. I couldn't imagine getting to level 50, let alone doing it 2 additional times.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:45:56 PM PST
Soulshine says:
I don't know - I don't think I could do it.

It would probably take me two or three CoD releases to get there. And by then the next gen consoles will be out and I'm even further behind.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:40:01 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
A single prestige is a fairly easy trophy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:39:01 PM PST
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:36:39 PM PST
Soulshine says:
I agree - as silly as it is to want the achievent, it's worse to ask for money from those silly people to let them have a shot at getting it.

Online trophies are dumb. But, if the trophy was just to try out the online modes I'm almost fine with that - I think that's what Uncharted does now. Obviously still need an internet connection though.

But with the whole XBL Gold thing - well, on a multiplat I guess you've got the option to get it on PS3 (weak excuse I know). On an exclusive, they really should provide a trial period of Gold with the game and make the achievements reasonably doable within that period. Then it wouldn't be so bad.

Look at me, trying to make excuses for online achievements and floundering all over the place. Just get rid of them!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:24:31 PM PST
Sars says:
I love trophies, but i wont grind for 100 hours to get one trophy.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:38:49 PM PST
"Personally I find anyone that is interested in trophies or achievements to have a few screws loose."

People who pursue a series of objectives in a completely fictional setting = sane
People who pursue additional, optional objectives in a completely fictional setting = insane

Got it. <writes it down>

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:31:39 PM PST
meh...i don't play for trophies

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:00:48 PM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah, I definitely care more about completing on PS3 than 360 for said reasons. I honestly just do it when its fun though. Im not gonna waste my time doing something I hate.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:00:30 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
They're fun and adds additional challenge/replay value...when I had the time to care for them. Now with lack of time plus big backlog, I just move on to the next game instead of cleaning up trophies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:55:32 AM PST
jtshiel says:
They are obviously important to some people, a guy on my local craigslist said he will get a platinum or perfect gamer score for anyone who wants to pay him cash to do it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:53:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 12:35:51 PM PST
...But is getting every achievement in a game a necessity?

I can somewhat see why people go bananas over PS3 trophies since getting all of them grants you a special version of a trophy. On 360 achievement points are the same - regardless of whether or not you've got them all.

Who cares if you are missing 1 out of 50? Why are people so buttsore about optional achievements which provide little-no monetary value?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:41:07 AM PST
FOGE says:
When did the VGF become so "SONY>M$"? When I first came here is a fairly even battle. Did everyone convert? Or did the xbots leave?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:34:12 AM PST
I think it's the fact that to get them, you HAVE to pay more money to do so. At least on the PS3 online trophies can be gotten for free, not so on the xbox.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:13:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 11:15:12 AM PST
Ann Perkins says:
Personally I find anyone that is interested in trophies or achievements to have a few screws loose. I don't think adding the online requirement has any impact on that, people that actually value their gamerscore have either already achieved every goal they had in life or gave up on achieving them long ago. There is no in between.

That said, I don't care whether online achievements are becoming popular, I don't bother hitting 100% on most games because by that time I've mostly emptied them of all discovery and fun anyhow, why stick with a game I'm burnt out on just for a few gamerscore points?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:09:17 AM PST
Kendahl says:
I am not a CoD fan and the only reason I'd buy CoD is for the multiplayer so it would make total sense to have online trophies. What sucks though is games that are not primarily MP games and have a bunch of MP trophies, forcing you to play online if you want those trophies.

If you are looking for a bad example of online trophies, look at the DLC Red Dead Redemption trophies. I am not sure they are "bad" trophies per se but some are so hard that the only way to get them is to find a boosting partner.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:06:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 11:07:18 AM PST
I apparently don't have the same disdain that most of the VGF does about online achievements...I wish that more games had them.

Sounds like it fits for this game seeing as how it's very multiplayer-centric.

I'm sure that Halo 4 will have a few as well.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:04:56 AM PST
FOGE says:
Prestiging one time should always have been a trophy. Its not that hard to do and it wont change the way people play online. Im ok with this. Now if it had something like go 25-0 in a match. Youd see people cheating and ruining the game. At least theres nothing like "Dont be Like Marty"
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: My Best Buy membership starting Free 2 day shipping... 64 3 minutes ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 944 5 minutes ago
Nintendo is Now Worth More than Sony 96 5 minutes ago
OT: It's Going to be Great When Hillary Clinton Wins the Election 226 5 minutes ago
OT: We need some good news here - Beaches to be re-made! 1 7 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 6907 8 minutes ago
OT: Which is it Democrats? 60 10 minutes ago
Playstation Magizine UK: "Why the first lady of Playstation is bigger and better on PS4" Rise Of The Tomb Raider Xbox One Diss? 0 13 minutes ago
ABZÛ - The First 13 Minutes of Gameplay 24 15 minutes ago
PC Gaming: i5-6600K or i7-6700K? 8 23 minutes ago
Global Software Top Sellers 25th June 2016. 3DS Takes over #1 13 24 minutes ago
Has anyone digitally pre-ordered Dishonored 2 on XB1 yet? 11 25 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions