Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

If you Could Make any game you wanted...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 1:15:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 1:18:50 PM PST
If you could make a video game with a narrative based on ANYTHING, what would your video game be about?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:19:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 1:20:10 PM PST
Keller says:
Underworld, if nothing else so I can watch Kate Beckinsale in tight leather for hours, seriously the things I would do to her..... :)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:20:32 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
A Highlander game that doesn't suck.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:21:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 1:36:01 PM PST
Anyone want a game based on the Age of Enlightenment?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:21:31 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
There is a real lack of Ancient Egypt as a setting for games. Serious Sam is about the only game that I can think of that does a great job of showing off the beautiful architecture of these once great, but now lost cities. And this game let's us play around in those cities, beautiful, expansive environments that I have spent lots of time just looking at and enjoying. Despite the silly nature of the game itself, the set pieces are gorgeous like the Ankh Pool or Thebes or Memphis. Shame the HD remake is near unplayable since they ditched the lives.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:22:52 PM PST
Benpachi says:
I would make an enormous free roaming action RPG set in ancient Japan, and the main character would be a ronin cat with an eyepatch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:23:39 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Would you name him Joe Meowsashi?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:24:41 PM PST
Benpachi says:
I would now!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:25:18 PM PST
PacinoBully says:
I would make a FPS about war. It would be in a modern setting. You would have a cell phone where you would get a call to perform a duty based on the mission type that you choose. The US characters would be much stronger than the other players to where it wasn't even fare (sic).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:27:28 PM PST
M. Stifler says:
I think we've done this many times, but here it goes again...

Bethesda type game based in Ancient Egypt, but the more fantastical side of Egypt.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:28:10 PM PST
M. Stifler says:
You ninja'd me.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:28:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 1:28:35 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
I agree with Foxhound...Ancient Egypt is a good setting.

For myself, I'd like love to see something set in the Dragonriders of Pern universe.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:29:19 PM PST
Civil war game!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:36:34 PM PST
A mix between skyrim and just cause 2. I'm ok with an Egyptian setting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:41:51 PM PST
http://video.adultswim.com/aqua-teen-hunger-force/a-werewolf-fryman.html

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:42:48 PM PST
KOTOR 3

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:44:04 PM PST
DVvM says:
Urban fantasy alternate history cold war era spy thriller open city RPG with heavy emphasis on stealth and "social combat" (implemented as a 1v1 puzzle game, something similar to puzzle quest.)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:45:06 PM PST
Drug abuse combined with Eternal Darkness-style freak outs.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:48:28 PM PST
For me it's more settings I'd like to see. Ancient Aztek I think would be interesting place to visit that I haven't seen in a game. Also Papo & Yo touched on it but I'd like to see more done in places like the Brazilian favela. I feel like a lot of games revisit the same places over and over again so it's nice to have games that feel like traveling to a new place.

I think that is part of what makes the Assassin's Creed series so popular. All of those games have settings you almost never get to play in a game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:50:03 PM PST
I suppose the closest we've had to that stuff is ruins in Tomb Raider and its ilk. Are there any games that take place in Africa that aren't military shooters, on a related note?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:51:06 PM PST
M. Stifler says:
Do you count Far Cry 2 as a military shooter?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:52:01 PM PST
oooh, this. One of the many reasons I'm interested in Farcry 3 is the drug use. I know it sounds trivial or stupid but it's something that is rarely explored and offers a lot of interesting gameplay aspects. It also seems like FC3 is going in the more in the tripping route than I see in the few other games I've seen with this mechanic that seem to focus on just the freakout/fear toxin/this is clearly horrible (even if fun to play) side of drugs.

OK I sound like I take drugs and I don't (anymore) but I just think it's an interesting game mechanic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 2:03:42 PM PST
Right? Anyone who's never done drugs doesn't truly understand what kind of crazy stuff that can happen in your brain up there, especially with hallucinogenics. The tremendously bad ideas that end up taking place because of drugs are ripe for the picking for ideas in games and the narrative possibilities are endless.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 2:19:51 PM PST
A free-roaming RPG in a modern setting, with high-rises, cars, etc. I'd almost prefer the story to be linear, but make the world itself completely explorable.
Granted this would take... a huge dev team multiple years to create, so...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 2:23:56 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I don't think we have enough games set in a fictional version of New York.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions