Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Castlevania 3DS blows

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 134 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2013 12:00:22 PM PST
A. Meyer says:
This game is nothin but a cheap 2d imitation of God of war.

Gameplay-God of War,nuff said.Hit an enemy enough to weaken it and then kill with a QTE.

Graphics-sucks,this game could quite easily go for a Psp game(no i'm not joking)

Framerate is trash and jumps all over the place,stuttering issues,game is just really poor,unless the full game changes things this is a definite bargain bin game.

2/5

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 12:02:52 PM PST
Kruger says:
I sure hope you post a review about it on Amazon. On then will I know you truly mean what you feel about this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:04:07 PM PST
JWK says:
I think he secretly likes it. But it rejected him when he asked Castlevania 3DS to Homecoming.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:04:54 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Should have asked Silent Hill instead.

ZING! OMG, did that really just happen. Thanks for the set up JWK.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 1:06:56 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Uh, you obviously didn't know what to expect then.

Gameplay - of course it's like God of War. It's a sequel to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, which itself was heavily inspired by God of War. Except this one is 2D, you say...which really means it's just a tiny bit different from the old side-scrolling Castlevanias, which were basically less-involved hack-n-slash games anyway.

Graphics - Well, putting aside the fact that most publications say this is one of the best-looking 3DS games to date...the 3DS' graphical capabilities aren't much more advanced than those of the PSP. So, saying it looks like a PSP game is like saying that the sky is blue.

The framerate issue...that's really the only real concern you highlight.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 2:24:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 2:25:01 PM PST
Skull Kid  says:
im looking forward to this game after watching some YouTube videos.The visuals and game play looked impressive from what ive seen.i was almost tempted to pre order it at gamestop for the free decals and protective case...

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 2:28:39 PM PST
Gameresq says:
I have never been disappointed by a Castlevania game. I will buy it.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 2:43:00 PM PST
King George says:
Yep just got done playing the demo I was looking for slow frame rate & I didn't feel any it played well and looked great def a day 1 buy for me

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:38:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 6:39:10 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
The demo is pretty mediocre. I'd play it for about $15 and not a penny more. Platforming was clunky and below par, while the combat was serviceable and that's it. The character model for the main character is straight up uggo, too. That said, some of the gimmicky 3D stuff they do with an enemy flying at you, etc. looks really cool.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:45:58 PM PST
c---kuta says:
if you dont have anything nice to say about a game i think you should keep your opinions to yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:48:03 PM PST
new Tron says:
That kind of defeats the purpose of a video game discussion forum, though, doesn't it?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:51:42 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Konami employee spotted!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:52:41 PM PST
Gameresq says:
How about: if you have nothing useful or informative, or at least amusing to say, then post it elsewhere

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:54:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 6:56:10 PM PST
I can't believe I'm saying this, as I'm a HUUUUGE Castlevania fan, but the demo does indeed blow. I agree they turned it into a bad 2-D God of War clone and pretty much ignored everything that made the DS Castlevanias any good...super disappointing.

Everything is really floaty and it doesn't have the snappy fast paced combat that Order of Ecclesia or Portrait of Ruin had...it's just really slow and bland.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:03:49 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
If you don't agree with me about a game I think you should keep your opinions to yourself.

There fixed it for ya.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 7:04:08 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I was really looking forward to this, and i was also let down by the demo. 2d GoW is right. The platforming is a bit lame and the swinging mechanics and shoulder button dependancy just reminds me how uncomfortable it is to play on a 3ds.

I may grab this when it drops to $20 or less, perhaps after i pick up an XL. I agree thst the 3d is very well done and it looks good for 3ds.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 8:25:57 PM PST
Really fun and quite beautiful to look at too. I may not get it right away, but that's just due to the sheer amount of RPG's that I have to get for the 3DS first.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 8:46:27 PM PST
This game sounds cool. I enjoyed Shinobi 3DS quite a bit[both are 2D hack-n-slash games] so I'll probably pick this up later down the road.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 8:58:18 PM PST
Since you seem to give everything but CoD and Halo a score of 1/5 in your reviews, I'll take a 2/5 from you as high praise for Castlevania 3DS. Day one for me now!

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 6:09:13 AM PST
This game isn't out yet is it?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 6:10:35 AM PST
High five Classic!

Did you play the demo yet? It is gorgeous, but it's actually pretty hard.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 6:11:59 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Lmao, I just realized that. Too funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 6:18:04 AM PST
Carlito says:
You should just stick to playing your $15,000 copy of Panzer Dragoon and telling all the sweet chicks you pull how great it is.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 6:19:23 AM PST
IPhantom says:
There was nothing about the demo that dissuaded me from day one'ing this game. Seems like it maintains some metroidvania aspects with a much deeper combat system and better platforming. What's not to like?

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 6:19:57 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 1, 2013 6:20:27 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Don't try to hold back the poor until you try being poor yourself 133 38 seconds ago
Pinball FX2 on Xbox- You can't import your tables from 360 to Xbone; PlayStation allows you to do this 27 2 minutes ago
The last of us *Remastered... 11 2 minutes ago
EA announces Xbox One-exclusive subscription service...gives unlimited access to certain games 126 2 minutes ago
OT: An open letter to the moderators of this forum. 25 3 minutes ago
Dont forget there is a PS update today as well! Gives 3D Blu Ray Support 14 3 minutes ago
Eeeeek!! There's a Sonymite on my bathroom floor!! Best way to get rid of it?!? 3 3 minutes ago
OT: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them 396 4 minutes ago
Harmonix Gauging Interest In A New Rock Band, What Would You Need To Consider It? 25 12 minutes ago
OT: Obama would be one of America's finest leaders if the Republicans would let his agenda succeed 18 12 minutes ago
LittleBigPlanet 3 launches this Fall on PS4 and PS3...several pre-order bonuses available 21 14 minutes ago
MS Corrects Another Mistake.....Windows H8TE 41 16 minutes ago

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  134
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions