Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

For those of you who have extensively played Assassin's Creed 3.....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 41 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2012 11:56:58 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
what are your thoughts on it?

I'm most likely getting it on Black Friday, but it sounds like there are some mixed reviews out there. I wanted to hear what some people here thought of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:59:22 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
In short, despite the rough edges and bugs it is an enjoyable game. It's worth getting especially since it'll be cheaper on black Friday. Get it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:02:21 PM PST
FOGE says:
If you like Assassins Creed you will like it. Just expect a pretty slow beginning. Though if you dont take ritalin, you will possibly find it interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:02:24 PM PST
its a great game. I didn't have any bugs on PS3

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:03:31 PM PST
FOGE says:
Oh Ive had a couple very minor bugs, nothing game breaking. The game did freeze one time. Not that bad for 12 hours of gameplay.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:07:07 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
The bugs are extremely minor and not console-specific. Mostly things like lip synch issues outside of cutscenes that you have to be paying attention to notice. There's nothing really game breaking. I've had all the NPCs and enemies on a street spawn half-buried in the ground, that one was funny.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:08:18 PM PST
Yung says:
I wasn't a fan of the previous AC titles but I extremely enjoyed Assassin's Creed III. The ending almost sucked as much as the multiplayer. It reminded me of the Mass Effect 3 ending. I traded the game in last night for $42 @Best buy

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:08:41 PM PST
LogJam says:
Anyone who doesn't get this game is a straight-up Loyalist

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:10:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 12:11:57 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
If you've played prior Assassin's Creed games, you generally know what to expect in regards to stealth, combat, traversal, interface - it's still very much an Assassin's Creed, and it feels like one. The core game has changed very little. The combat is greatly improved over AC2 (the last one I played), however, I hear it's pretty similar to how it controls in AssBro and AssRev. So if you're familiar with how they play and function, there's no curveballs here. So, in my mind, it really comes down to whether you're wanting more Assassin's Creed and whether the new settings and characters are interesting to you. I love the setting (the star of every AC game I've played) and Connor is my favorite assassin between him, Ezio, and Altair.

TL;DR - if you like Assassin's Creed, you should enjoy it. If you also like the Revolutionary War setting, you should really, really enjoy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:11:09 PM PST
FOGE says:
I had a horse get stuck on top of the wooden log that you tie them too. It was spinning about and jerking around; completely whigging out. Cracked me up.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:21:12 PM PST
Technosapien says:
Turrible, turrible game.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:28:22 PM PST
Voice of god says:
There are some bugs, some poor design choices, and some things that aren't explained well at all, but it's a great game. Hunting is awesome, and you can play bocce with that guy on the quarter. IMO the Frontier alone is worth the price of admission. Absolutely gorgeous and really fun area.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:29:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 12:30:06 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I've put about 12 hours into it and from a gameplay/setting perspective I think it's easily the best in the series, love the story so far but I'm only about 15% done with the game so I can't quite place that aspect yet.

I'm with you Voice, the Frontier is awesome, running through the trees is one of the best experiences in gaming imo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:41:53 PM PST
Voice of god says:
Anytime I'm in the city, I keep wishing I was back on the Frontier. Navigating rooftops hasn't really been fun since the flat-top architecture in AC1, but the trees finally afford an opportunity to stalk your prey from above. I could do without a lot of the new stuff in the game (crafting BLOWS), but tree traversal is the one new feature they got absolutely right.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:45:30 PM PST
YIGT says:
Well im one of the few that have never played AC games at all. I was coming in fresh because im a rev war history guy. So i think the game is darn good. About the best game ive played this year. graphics are good sound is good it lets me play sandbox style and can kinda do alot of different things. Its almost like skyrim for me i get lost wandering around killing stuff while im suppose to be on mission. I hunt all the time. Great fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:48:31 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I call it tree-roaming, and it's awesome. Ridiculously smooth and seamless. Seems like it should be a lot more screwy than it is.

I'm with you on the crafting, too. I'm hoping it gets better as get more options with it, but the interface itself is bleh.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:51:39 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I've only recently unlocked the trading and crafting systems through the ledger but I really don't understand how either works. I guess I have to progress more and unlock recipes or something.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:53:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 12:55:38 PM PST
Alien Fodder says:
True for your first point but false for the second. Been playing it on the PS3 and I've encountered my fair share of bugs, some of them forcing me to either quit the game and restart or literally do a forced shutdown of my console.

That being said, in spite of some truly frustrating moments, it's still a fantastic game. As a few have mentioned before, the Frontier alone is amazing and a joy to explore. And I love the thunderstorms! :D

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:53:33 PM PST
Marvelous says:
I have no idea what bugs and glitches people are experiencing, but it's been near perfect for me thus far. I'm currently on sequence 9 at about 30 something %, it's just an amzing game IMO. Combat is much improved, the landscapes and cities are amazing, and the story is something of epic poportions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:54:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 12:55:52 PM PST
Voice of god says:
It never gets better, but you have to do it if you want to do all the side missions and get every weapon. They couldn't even follow basic menu navigation rules and give you a back button that takes you back to where you were before. It's atrocious.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:55:02 PM PST
Voice of god says:
You get recipes and necessary craftsmen by completing homestead missions and finding treasure chests.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:55:43 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
Only bugs I have encountered on the PS3 are some lip synching issues and horses that get stuck and wig out.

Nothing game breaking at all for me anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:56:48 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Well I've been doing both of those. Where do you get the materials? From the people who live on the homestead?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:57:43 PM PST
Voice of god says:
They couldn't even give the main character in the series a character model that didn't have ridiculous clipping, right on his back for you to see every time he takes a step.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:59:50 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, I figured as much. That's fine, I suppose. Much like hunting, I'll probably just use it very little. And the awesome naval battles keep me plenty occupied.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions