Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: This is "THE" OT Thread, born and bred in the USA, but hip, worldly; and generally benevolent; where men are men, boys will be boys, and girls actually exist

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1326-1350 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 2:55:33 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
I've seen pictures of snow. Pretty.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:29:04 PM PST
Anthony says:
lol. before i moved to PA, i'd never seen snow in my life.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:35:09 PM PST
Lucky bastid. I hate the cold and the snow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:45:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 3:46:20 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
I've heard of that "cold" thing, too.

I'm in Arizona, BTW. We have three temperatures here: warm, hot, and leave the state.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:57:34 PM PST
Anthony says:
lol, i grew up in northern CA for the most part. i kind of miss the weather. i don't actually mind the cold here, i prefer it, in point of fact. i ****ing hate how damn humid it gets out here though.

@ogre: **** Arizona, i've driven through that state a few times. that was enough. gets too damn hot.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 4:02:30 PM PST
I actually don't mind the heat. I think I'm use to it. I use to work in a kitchen that had no windows or air conditioning of any kind, plus my car has no air conditioning and it's a Pontiac Firebird with windows on the roof so the sun comes in right over me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:11:32 PM PST
It hasn't actually gotten cold yet and I don't feel it will this year. Sure it's been below freezing but it hasn't been the car won't start cold.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 4:30:39 PM PST
Anthony says:
i ordered a CD Binder from amazon last friday because i'm running out of room in the ones i have right now. today, i finally got the message that it was shipped. just got around to checking out the tracking info. its 90 ****ing minutes away from here and the delivery estimate is Friday. if it doesn't actually get to me until friday, i will be annoyed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:34:57 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Snow is awesome. It's the people who can't drive in it that suck

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:36:39 PM PST
Anthony says:
lol. snow, i can take it or leave it. though it can get to be a pain in the *** to walk somewhere after its snowed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:42:27 PM PST
No, it's not. So there!

I do like making a snowman once and awhile. Actually, it's more the ice that I hate. My car has the worst time in even a little bit of snow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:45:02 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
Looks like same as last winter, which barely was a winter, by New England standards.

And yeah, "the car won't start" sort of defines the state of, it's REALLY ofking cold.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:46:00 PM PST
AndrewA says:
My car is fine with snow tires on. It has trouble with even tiny inclines with bald tires.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:46:55 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
My car does fine in the snow. It's the crappy driver who ruins it all.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:39:14 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
So I guess Sandy Hook "truthers" are a thing now. At least I've been arguing with a couple on Facebook. so I'm guessing it's a thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:42:11 PM PST
What are "truthers?"

On second thought, maybe I don't want to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:48:34 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Basically think of the 9/11 conspiracies with their "it was an inside government job!" rhetoric, but change the setting to "Newton, CT" and the reason to "to take our guns".

It's really disgusting. Some even suggest the shooting may not have occurred at all, and the mourning parents are paid actors. I think my anger has been justified.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:54:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:54:40 PM PST
Yeah, I just looked it up. They are in a sense conspiracy theorist's.

Along with the WBC people, I feel they have no place on earth as far as I'm concerned. Disgusting people.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:57:36 PM PST
I'm originally from Michigan. I hate snow! Lived in Arizona for a while. Loved it! I hate cold! Now, I live in SE Virginia, below the snow & ice line. Nice.

(I have also lived in Maryland, Texas, California, Germany and Guam.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:00:06 PM PST
You have been all over. Were you in the military by any chance?

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:03:17 PM PST
Yeah. Air Force for a while.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:20:53 PM PST
People like that fit the facts to their idiocy, and couldn't care less about objective reality. One cannot reason with them, and their insane views are not worthy of respect. They should just be marginalized and ignored.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:25:34 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Indeed. I made about three posts and moved on. I did enjoy my last response in which I equated modern day conspiracies to that of a witch hunt - simply hoisting blame onto someone out of fear in an effort to make sense of the nonsensical evils in the world. I felt alright with that as my closer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:22:49 PM PST
Lies Ogre, it's in the 30's right now and that's bloody cold.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:47:50 PM PST
Anthony says:
meh, right now we're having "freezing rain". meaning it so called out right now that as soon as the rain hits a surface it turns into ice.
Discussion locked

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  90
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions