Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Star Wars: The Old Republic goes free-to-play on November 15

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 1:20:32 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/08/bioware-dates-star-wars-the-old-republic-free-to-play-transition.aspx

"If you've been holding off of playing the MMO, now might be the time to jump in for free.

The Old Republic goes free on November 15, although if you're already a paying member, you'll get all of the complimentary Cartel coins for use in the microtransaction shop based on your playing time (check out the Cartel Coin Ledger page to see how many coins you've earned), as well as a free lump sum of 250 coins. Lapsed players who used to pay for the game can also get back in and receive coins for their prior work if they join before December 20, 2012."

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 3:27:50 PM PST
Sweet!

Gonna finish my characters' stories and maybe make a new one or two on an RP server!

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 3:31:12 PM PST
Aku says:
Damn.

That game tanked HARD, I remember the developers saying they wanted to make hundreds or thousands of worlds in the game, and here they already need the cheap bastard demographic to stay afloat.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:31:42 PM PST
Sweet. I thought it already was but I'm excite to check it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:47:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:38:11 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Gonna be all about that PvE for me! :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:10:23 PM PST
Even the arguably most successful MMO of all-time WoW doesn't have that many zones.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:11:32 PM PST
Aku says:
Which goes a long way towards showing just how delusional they were with this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:24:34 PM PST
Looks like I'll be joining you finally on there lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:58:51 PM PST
Yup!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:59:22 PM PST
$150 later...

Actually, I payed close to that too lol. Totally okay with that. I enjoyed the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:03:04 PM PST
Yea... Sucked cause I came back and you guys were just getting done with the Old Republic and I didn't have anyone to play with really so it just got shelved. My buddy was supposed to start playing with me but he never picked it up so him and I will be leveling together once this goes Free to Play.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:23:55 PM PST
Nice. My wife is getting her own account. My brother and one of our Pathfinder friends are getting back as well.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:34:34 PM PST
Nicos says:
no chewbacca, no deal

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:20:41 AM PST
Goosifer says:
Fantastic news! Now I can go wrap up the story I've left languishing all these months. Sub fees are just not for me, not after getting a taste of Guild Wars 2.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:24:29 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Didn't even make it a year.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:39:39 AM PST
IPhantom says:
For those who haven't played, definitely do so for the sp (essentially) story. The problem with swtor was that it is a single player game in an mmo body. No reason to hang around after you get to end game. The battlegrounds were awful when I was playing, and classes were completely unbalanced to the point of being broken. Wish they just would have made kotor, but I still recommend this to fans of that series.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:46:40 AM PST
Gonna have to play this now... After finally getting myself out of WoW, I refuse to pay a monthly fee for a game again...

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:39:22 AM PST
I'll be playing it now. Looking forward to it

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:47:04 AM PST
Are you guys going to be on the same server or will you be moving? I'll be sure to set him and myself up there so we can play together. I'm still going with my Sith healer though lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:47:51 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
This is actually great news!

Now if only my PC could run it...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: my grandma what big bewbs you have! The better to motorboat you with my dear. 774 43 seconds ago
Necrobump this for valentines ---------> A beautiful song by Indie Arie " Ready for Love" 1 16 minutes ago
It's no question what the GOTY of 2014 will be.... 133 17 minutes ago
Sony Jokes(Jabs at Sony, sarcastic comments directed towards Sony etc. are also welcome) 8 18 minutes ago
Have you enjoyed any of the Call of Duty games? 42 31 minutes ago
Super Smash Brothers Appreciation Thread 313 1 hour ago
Microsoft Co-founder Paul Allen Donates $100M to Fight Raging Ebola Epidemic 22 1 hour ago
OT: So, what do you think happened to Malaysia Airlines flight 370? 118 1 hour ago
OT: The Matrix Rocks...and Miss the 90s 75 1 hour ago
OT: Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" - Teaser Trailer (OFFICIAL) 35 1 hour ago
Destiny PS4: I need some help with the weekly. 0 2 hours ago
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Alpha now available (kickstarter campaign) 16 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions