Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

LOL Diablo III Phishing Email

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 1, 2012 7:06:31 AM PDT
Cinema Fan says:
Just received this from diablo@email.com

Greetings
It has come to our attention that your account is involved in illegal transactions. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
Terms of Use: (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html).
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.
You must complete the steps below to secure the account and your computer.
STEP 1: ACCOUNT INVESTIGATION
We now provide a secure website for you to verify that you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address.
Click on the link below to verify your e-mail address of the Battle.net account:
https://www.battle.net/account/d3/login-support.html
If you can't click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.
STEP 2: VERIFY YOUR SUBMISSION WAS RECEIVED
We will contact you with further instructions once we have received and processed your submission. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours of submitting this form, please resend it from the address listed above.
Please be aware that if unauthorized access to this account, it may lead to further action against the account.
We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time in game. Thank you for respecting our position.

Please do not reply to this email as you will receive an automated response.
Regards,
Thary
Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment 2012

LOL! Someone wants my password bad

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 7:10:37 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 15, 2012 4:31:23 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 7:20:48 AM PDT
Cinema Fan says:
Yeah, its pretty elaborate and the links in the email itself probably lead to a faux Blizzard site. This showed up in my junk folder and I exited out and actually logged onto Diablo III to see if my account was suspended and it wasn't. Thinking of forwarding it to Blizzard, but I doubt it would do any good.

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 7:21:24 AM PDT
Wow. The grammar in this one isn't TOO bad.

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 7:35:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 1, 2012 7:35:42 AM PDT
I get about 3-5 of these a day between WoW, D3, and GW2.

Bartle.net and World of Wareraft are my two favorites.

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 8:34:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 15, 2012 4:31:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 9:44:02 AM PDT
You mean that Bartle.net isn't legit? OH NOO! I've been haxed.

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 10:29:36 AM PDT
J. says:
Thanks for the heads up. Just verified my account at WWW.Bottle.net/accntverify. What now? Gee, I hope I don't get banned.

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 11:27:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 1, 2012 11:28:32 AM PDT
I get them regularly from "Blizzard" and "Battlenet". Invitations for MoP beta, stating my account has been hacked, that details have been changed on my account, that my account has been associated with suspicious activity. I just ignore them all, but I do cringe that I might have ACTUALLY been sent an invitation to the beta and disregarded it. I'd much rather check out the expansion for free if possible, than have to pay for it and hate it like I did Cata.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 11:36:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 1, 2012 11:37:21 AM PDT
If you were invited to beta, then you would see it in your battle.net account settings where you can download the clients. I speak from experience, because that's how I learned that I was tapped for the MoP beta.

Edit: To answer your unasked question, MoP does seem better than Cata but not as good as Frozen Throne.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 11:42:09 AM PDT
I'll have to log in and check then, if I can find my authentacitor.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 1:00:40 PM PDT
There other MMOs to play. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 1:43:41 PM PDT
I know I want to try GW2, but money is not my friend these days. It hates me, and leaves my hands as fast as possible.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 3:58:18 PM PDT
There are some F2P MMO's, either in Steam or with the upcoming TOR going F2P you might consider that. That would free up 12-15 dollars a month for increasing your budget to purchase GW2 which has no monthly fee.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 4:05:44 PM PDT
Pole dancing...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 9:47:50 PM PDT
I figure I can convince you if I keep bringing it up!

We just got my wife her own account today so we can play together.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2012 10:50:37 AM PDT
Maybe in a few weeks, I have a kid's birthday and a high school reunion to pay for first!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 10:31:54 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 15, 2012 4:32:23 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:34:10 AM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
I should go give them my non-existent Battle.net account info! I love it when they send me these since I don't have an account.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 10:34:42 AM PDT
You bumped the thread for this?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 10:35:29 AM PDT
klopas says:
I'd rather do a non-lethal takedown, put the body in a large trash recepticle and close the lid so that nobody is alerted.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:37:29 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
I get these emails in my spam box daily. I just look and there are 2.
Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Diablo III account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
https://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Fd3%2Fen%2Findex&app=com-d3

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support/
Diablo III , Blizzard Entertainment 2012

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 4:26:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 15, 2012 4:27:04 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 4:27:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2012 4:29:05 PM PDT
M. Castillo says:
I have been getting this email alot, which I was like "what the hell, I dont even play Diablo" so, I highlighted it to cut and paste to notify the company that their records are incorrect, you can see the REAL email address this piece of shit notification came from right under the please reply signature, it says M@lly... something, cant remember the rest.. you should try it!! Dumb asses thought they were being sooo smart! whatever!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 4:35:40 PM PDT
Yup, I get a ton of these as well.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Sep 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions