Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Raiden gets super twisted in new Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance trailer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:47:57 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Gameplay felt like Bayonetta a bit from the demo. Especially all the fancy leg stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:43:50 PM PST
Benpachi says:
I'm just talking about the gameplay, it definitely looks like a Platinum game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 2:58:37 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
It looks more like a Platinum game than a Metal Gear game to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 2:38:27 PM PST
Benpachi says:
It really does look sharp, Jehuty is so shiny!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 2:18:32 PM PST
If this controls anywhere near as good as Vanquish i'm all in on this game if not I will be let down for the first time by platinum.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 2:00:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 2:02:06 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
They should went more Bayonetta 'free running/parkour feel' and less Ninja Gaiden 3 'cut thru dem bones' crap...that watermelon slicing tech demo Konami put out must have thrown them off entirely.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:36:18 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The sword mechanic is fun, but the lack of a jump button and a decent dodge button is just ludicrous. How can he be flipping around and jumping 30 feet in the air in the cutscenes and I can't flip out of the way of an enemy attack, I have to rely on a stupid parry move. They should have just transplanted the Bayonetta combat system, at least that was fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:34:54 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
OMG! Zone of the Enders HD is GORGEOUS! I'm nearly finished with the first game and the game really looks beautiful. The first time Leo gets in Jehuty and you see the in game graphics, wow, it's like it was made for HD.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:34:42 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Perhaps it is why Platinum ran under Ninty's skirt, they likely acknowledged they would get metabombed by Metal Gear fans.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:32:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 12:32:59 PM PST
Benpachi says:
It's ok, but I expected more coming from Platinum. I wish Raiden could jump, and the blade mode really interrupts combat sometimes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:31:37 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
That's disappointing. I figured the gameplay at the very least would be good.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:17:36 PM PST
Benpachi says:
As much as I love Platinum, this doesn't feel like a Platinum game at all; It feels exactly like what it is, a game Konami started and couldn't go anywhere with that Platinum came in to try to save. The demo was pretty lousy, in my opinion. The gameplay just isn't there, I thought it was really boring and simple. Of course, that's a 10 minute demo. I will remain cautiously optimistic.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:12:50 PM PST
"I cannot get past the story/characters/dumbness "

Ha, ha well that's fair enough, but Bayonetta herself is basically a personification of everything hot in my eyes (long dark hair, British accent, glasses, haughtiness) so I tend to forgive that :P

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:00:14 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I don't know if it makes it more "fun" but I certainly prefer 60 FPS in these types of games. It goes a long way in terms of making the combat a lot more fast paced, fluid, and responsive in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:59:32 AM PST
His voice is incredibly annoying. Actually the cop's voice was really annoying too. Sounded like they were trying to emulate Clint Eastwood's voice now, with the gritty-ness. Really cheesy.

Gameplay looks fun, but I hate QTEs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:59:09 AM PST
For me this might end up like Bayonetta in that it's actually a great game but I cannot get past the story/characters/dumbness to the point where I will sit down and play it.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:55:18 AM PST
"So far, I've absolutely hated Bayonetta"

That hurts my soul. I love Bayonetta.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:51:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 4:20:02 PM PST
So the gameplay better be really REALLY awesome because everything else about that trailer looks absolutely horrible.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:13:38 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 15, 2013 11:13:45 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:03:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 5:14:20 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Ninja Theory can't program a combat system and gameplay in general to save their lives. Let's give credit where credit is due, the combat is getting praised in DmC because Capcom played a large role in its development. I'm sure this game won't have a combat system with the same crazy depth and fluidity as Bayonetta but I have no doubt it will be excellent and fit the character very well. I wasn't even interested in this game until I found out Platinum was developing it.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 4:54:08 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I dunno, that whole juggle/chain attack arcadey system appears extremely out of place to me and grounds for some tedious, numbing repetitiveness. It just doesn't look varied enough to push thru hours upon hours of it.

I love Platinum Game efforts with their own original IP. This game has an identity crisis of sorts that I can't shake every time I see it play. I agree with DDustiNN that Ninja Theory have better nailed the feel of DmC with awesome combat which actually feels at home with the source material. With Fox, I certainly see raiden's move set getting old pretty pretty quick, it needed more diversity for something that looks like it'll have AI just standing there waiting to get shanked up.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 4:18:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 4:20:05 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I despised Mad World and didn't make it out of the first level of Bayonetta, not because it was hard, just had no desire to keep playing. I played the demo for Vanquish, and didn't see what all the fuss was about. I played the demo for Revengeance too, and I didn't like it. Raiden seems a lot more restrictive in the actual game play than he does in the cut scenes.

I'm going to pick it up for the Metal Gear collection (the only reason I own Ac!d 1 and 2, the NES Metal Gear games and TTS) some where down the line when it drops to $20.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 2:50:45 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:46 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 8:28:44 PM PST
that was awesome

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 8:00:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 8:01:56 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
You prefer 30fps over 60fps?

You prefer a lesser combat engine?

Well, whatever floats your boat.

Ninja Theory can't touch Platinum when it comes to "fun."
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions