Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Are you going to re-elect (purchase their next gen consoles) Nintendo, Sony and/or Microsoft?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 84 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:17:46 PM PST
Hiya MJM...I'm doing good, thanks. I was wondering what was feeling kind of sticky here...I didn't know it was me. The hubby and I are going to the Pantages Theatre tonight to see The Book Of Mormon. Been looking forward to seeing this for such a long time. And no worries on the email, my friend...respond when you feel like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:10:19 PM PST
MJM says:
Zachy baby...how the heck are you?! This place isn't the same without you...as I said before...you're the crazy glue that holds this place together. I'll e-mail you later to catch up...and sorry for the delay my friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:08:35 PM PST
MJM says:
I do...but if they're not winning they don't want to play...and with me on their team they won't be winning.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:07:51 PM PST
MJM says:
Shhh that was supposed to be just between us.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:03:47 PM PST
I returned to gaming only a couple of years ago, and during that time I've amassed a huge backlog, so I think I'm going to be set for years to come. However, I'm sure that I will eventually be getting at least one next gen console.

Based on my gaming preferences, I would say that the PS4 will get my vote/money first, which isn't a fanboy statement as I enjoy all 3 of my consoles. I just seem to gravitate toward my PS3 more than my 360 or Wii. My current plan is to wait for a few years until there is a price drop and nice library of titles to choose from. That's my plan, anyway, but one night sloshing down a few drinks coupled with desirous weakness and chances are I'll click on that Buy button.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:52:52 AM PST
saskamazon says:
aww .... we know that's not true ! I thought you had daughters ? I'm doing couch co-op with my kiddo ....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:52:24 AM PST
"I would love to play 2v2...but unfortunately I don't have any friends."

Didn't that sexy teacher session mean anything to you? ;~;

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:50:12 AM PST
MJM says:
I would love to play 2v2...but unfortunately I don't have any friends.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:28:02 AM PST
10 more years of Play Station!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:24:56 AM PST
saskamazon says:
cool - be great if we can do the 2 vs 2 - that is sooo much fun, or we can team up & be a force to be reckoned with ... did you check out the new trailer today ? IGN has it, it's the opening cinematic & a peak of the final boss battle .... :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:22:08 AM PST
MJM says:
That's cool. I guess I'll be getting it day one or shortly after. See you on the battlefield...you'll leave victorious and I'll be leaving in a bodybag...but it's all in fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:19:33 AM PST
saskamazon says:
yes, we played the Beta pretty much daily on both platforms - the 2 vs 2 on the PS3 is great ! it is quite different from SSBB, but it takes skill & strategy to get into the thick of things & get your AP up to go in for the kill ... you'd have to pay $40 for the Vita version or $60 day 1 for the PS3 which provides a free digital copy for Vita ... I preordered the PS3 version ... $30 eack makes it a Day 1 for us .... my son loves it. I'd be Sly & he liked Radec - so we had long & short range attacks covered .... :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:58:48 AM PST
MJM says:
@M. Stifler great post.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:58:07 AM PST
MJM says:
I may pick up All Stars but after a price drop...or maybe new just for the Vita version...I haven't really decided yet. Have you tried the beta, was it any good?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:55:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:58:22 AM PST
neu Tron says:
Wii U - I will definitely get one at some point. Probably late 2013, and hopefully after a price drop. I think the days of Nintendo making a console that is my "go-to" console are gone forever, but I can't live without Nintendo exclusives, Zelda in particular. Bayonetta 2, the prospect of a new Metroid, and the new Monolith Soft game are very exciting.

Sony - The way they've run their business over the last 6 years has been very disappointing, and I honestly fear for their future in hardware development. With that said, I've owned the last three Playstation consoles, and they've always satisfied my needs as a gamer. This generation in particular, has lots of excellent exclusives, a console that I've had zero problems with after putting thousands of hours of gaming onto it, and free online access. If Sony delivers with the Playstation 4 and seems like they are regaining their footing, I will very likely get a PS4 next generation. Again, like the Wii U, I won't get one at launch.

Microsoft - What worries me about Microsoft are two things: the fact that they seem to be concentrating on making their console more of an entertainment device rather than a gaming device, and the fact that their most attractive feature to me, XBLA games, will very likely not be exclusive to their console anymore next gen. I don't mind Microsoft charging for their online service, as Xbox Live is an excellent, functional digital network. But I'm not really into competitive online shooters or racers, which is where Microsoft seems to have specialized this generation. Most of the "exclusives" to 360 that I've wanted to play, I've been able to get on Steam. So Microsoft is a big "wait and see" for me next gen.

Steambox? Yes please. A Steambox from Valve would change the industry. If you can give gamers who don't own a gaming rig all the benefits of Steam combined with the simplicity of consoles and lack of hassles that come with PCs, this would rock the gaming industry to its core. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this happens sometime next gen. If it does, I will have no need for NextBox, PS4, or maybe even a new gaming PC. A Steambox is my number one wish for the next gen.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:53:25 AM PST
Nintendo is a no brainer for me. I love their first party offerings and that is probably never going to change so I've got my Wii-U Deluxe pre-ordered along with ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros. U. I know where to put my faith when it comes to Nintendo and I'm not going into this expecting this to be my sole console to carry me to the next generation. Nope my Wii-U needs a running mate.

Sony is probably going to be that partner for my Wii-U. They have a great lineup for first party IPs and have been expanding their offerings as the generation has worn on. The Vita shows a great deal of promise and gives us a minor look at what we can expect from Sony moving forward. I believe in Sony and that they will continue to strive to deliver new and original content instead of just being content to deliver the same thing year after year.

Microsoft on the other hand is not the same as when they started this generation. What was once a great system with a great lineup backed by an awesome service is now relying on Kinect which makes games worse and hasn't really improved anything. Kinect specific games struggle to do the most basic of things, replacing button presses with motions that the camera often struggles to register and going forward it is clear that this is going to be the center piece of Microsoft's strategy. Gears, Forza, Fable, and Halo are fine games in their own right but I want more than just those annual franchises sprinkled with Kinect titles that leave a bad taste in my mouth. Sure there are multiplatform titles but why should I go with Microsoft when I can get the same experience on a Sony console?

The PC already has its spot in my home and is ready to go for the next generation so there's no concern there for me at all.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:31:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:32:48 AM PST
I'm definitely going to get a PS4 and Wii U at some point. Microsoft will have to prove they can launch a system without a 50% failure rate before I get a Nextbox.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:23:50 AM PST
saskamazon says:
very true - so many PS3 games have been bargain priced b/c I was late to the party ... now however, if I want new releases, they are full price ... are you getting All Stars or LBP K ? if you do, let's do some co-op .... could be a blast .... I'm pretty slick with Sly - can hardly wait to see what the other characters are capable of ....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:20:39 AM PST
Well, Sony owns the Show IP and the studio Naughty Dog, so it looks like you're good!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:19:45 AM PST
I don't know yet tbh

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:18:59 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
If MLB: The Show and future Naughty Dog titles are exclusive to the next playstation model then yes, I will re-elect Sony.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:12:58 AM PST
Prankster says:
This has got to be the most awesome way of answering I have seen. I think it was Hardy who used it here first and I was really laughing hard back then.

Anyway, to answer the question, I will definitely be getting the PS4 first from the next gen consoles. If I have the time and the money, I will definitely go for Microsoft's console and the Wii U too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:05:25 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Ugh. Most likely he won't run again. Two candidates I'm looking forward to seeing are Republican Gov. Christie from New Jersey, and Democratic Gov. O'Malley from Maryland. I'd vote for one of those two if they were up. I don't hold myself to one party.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:03:35 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Ron Paul 2016!

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:02:40 AM PST
I will likely vote WiiU, I don't have a preorder, so I can't say when exactly. Xenoblade really made me reconsider my thoughts on the wii and made me decide to stick with Nintendo, I hopefully don't have to rely on just Mario & Zelda (I've not been loving Zelda as much lately).

I just wish things worked out differently and the next playstation was running this year. I've never had one and really want to play Oblivion, Skyrim, Ni No Kuni, and a lot of other things.. I feel weird about getting a PS3 if a fourth is out next year.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  84
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions