Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Earth Defense Force 2017 Releases on Vita today

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 46 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 9:44:48 AM PST
http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/08/earth-defense-force-2017-portable-releases-on-vita-today/

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable releases on Vita today
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable will release on Vita today in North America, via the weekly PS Store update.

The game contains 60 missions, seven of which are new, and all can be played through five difficulty levels: easy, normal, hard, hardest, and inferno. The more difficult levels you play, the stronger weapons you'll get, so by the time you reach inferno, you should be a well-equipped and seasoned pro.

The multiplayer allows for up to four players in co-op or versus mode.

If you purchase the game before February 4, you can download the following weapons for free:

Electro Paralyzer - A top-secret superweapon developed by the EDF, whose flare shells halt the target's actions. The technology behind it is shrouded in mystery. Some say it was developed by a military genius, or its secrets gleaned from a downed Ravager scout. Extend its effects by hitting the target repeatedly.
Heat Blaster - A short-range laser gun, whose mighty firepower compensates for its limited range. It requires heavy equipment to recharge, making it impossible to reload on the battlefield. Pull the trigger to release all of its energy, or it can keep firing until you switch weapons.
Limit Booster - A data transmitter that sends a special program to vehicles in the vicinity (helicopters, bikes, Vegaltas), shutting down their safety overrides and unlocking their maximum capabilities. Multiple uses won't increase the upgrade ratio, but will make the effects last longer.
Reverse Drone - An unmanned drone with a nanomachine capsule payload. It flies straight ahead to the nearest ally, and once it connects, it disperses the nanomachines to heal the target. Adjust the direction of fire to select your target.
The sequel, Earth Defense Force 2025, is slated for later this year.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:45:41 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Day one buy.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:46:13 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Veetor haz 2 meny gamez.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:50:12 AM PST
FOGE says:
Sounds awesome and I loved Insect Armageddon but where is it? Its not on Amazon?!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:51:08 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Looks really fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:51:25 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I think it is download only.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:51:42 AM PST
jtshiel says:
PSN digital download only :(

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:55:12 AM PST
saskamazon says:
the asking price is the full $40 too ... no video on the blog either. seems a hefty price for digital only release & a port to boot ... no mention of file size ... unless I missed that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:56:56 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Wow, no wonder the price wasn't in the press release. I guess they figure they bought a Vita and a memory card so why give them a decent price on games as they can obviously afford it. No way. This is a $20 game, and I really like it.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:57:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 9:57:42 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
No Gamez™

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:59:14 AM PST
Holy crap $40?

No thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:01:13 AM PST
saskamazon says:
yeah, they kept price a guarded secret ... for DL only Vita games I like to stay at $15 or less ... as it's costing me memory & often is not a full retail game .... I'll wait for a price drop / plus discount & possibly a video or demo ... seems odd not to have a trailer at least, as it launches today. never played an EDF game before, so need more info b4 purchase. will wait to see how it reviews, given the asking price.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:03:27 AM PST
Holy cow, if you're making sask pass on it, you've really messed up.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:03:50 AM PST
saskamazon says:
I think the price will really keep sales slow ... I think I'll pick up Persona 4 instead - same price & get an actual cartridge / case .... only need a save file ....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:06:14 AM PST
saskamazon says:
lol .... I give careful thought to how I spend gaming dollars & always look for a deal ... I don't just freely spend ya know ! ;-) I had been interested to see what it might have to offer, but the price was a surprise ... & I did have a shiny new PSN card sitting in front of me ... but alas, it will stay pristine today.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:06:37 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
And it's a 5 year old port of a game that wasn't that graphically impressive to begin with. Again, I really like EDF, but this just screams "yeah, well, what else have you got to play?"

www.ign.com/games/the-earth-defense-force-2017/xbox-360-761552

There's the IGN review of the 360 version of the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:08:11 AM PST
I'm just saying, you seem to have every game that comes out. I'm just jelly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:10:28 AM PST
FOGE says:
Ah. Thanks guys. Well, I may need to get a legit memory card. I dont think I want to pay $40 for this either.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:12:09 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I feel sorry for all the poor people that will be missing out on one of the best Vita releases to date.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:12:20 AM PST
saskamazon says:
it makes you wonder how they make decisions in terms of price point ... as you stated, it's 5 plus years old & often that means a price reduction from full on new release physical media ... did they just think Vita owners would slap down full fare for a digital port ? I think it will quickly see a sale or price cut - if they want anyone to play it ... & as they feature the online MP, if no one owns it, hard to get much of a community ...

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:14:31 AM PST
Soulshine says:
This game would make a great Plus freebie in a few months.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:18:07 AM PST
FOGE says:
Thats what Im hoping! :)

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:23:54 AM PST
saskamazon says:
I just checked the original review for the console version ... got a 4 for graphics & an overall 6.9 .... doesn't sound like it warrants the asking price ... given that the console version released at the same price .... although I guess the perk to the Vita version is it actually has MP ... assuming anyone buys it .... too bad. with luck it will come to plus later - to promote their release of EDF 2025 ...

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:25:13 AM PST
Horowitz says:
No retail, no go.

$40 for digital, ha.

I love EDF. I even imported EDF2 Portable for PSP.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:28:13 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
The original and the series in general is very B movie/cult classic a la Deadly Premonition. They don't have the best production values and the dialogue and premise is unbelievably corny and ridiculous but they are full of non stop non pretentious action. They are very fun games. I highly recommend them.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  46
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions