Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I'm never using Amazon to pre-order a video game again

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 77 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 4:55:51 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
So I took some time off for Halo 4 today. I wake up to the dreaded e-mail "We're sorry for the delay in shipping the order you placed on October 26, 2012" from Amazon. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. What's funny is that I ordered a copy for my brother the day before it released and he already has it. I'm thinking of canceling the order and just going to pick it up at the store.

This isn't the Amazon it used to be, that's for sure.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:57:07 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
Not sure why it keeps trying to hyperlink Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:57:53 AM PST
At least they sent you an email. I didn't even get that courtesy. My last 3 delays were listed as "shipping soon" and would just sit there in limbo until I called them each time.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:58:26 AM PST
B. Hoover says:
That and remember the days Amazon used to be #1 for video games? Where's your 2for1 deal now, Amazon? No seriously, where is it? I've been waiting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:01:07 AM PST
Billzer says:
To maximize the time off, picking it up elsewhere is the best way to go. You could be at walmart now. GO!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:01:45 AM PST
get on the phone (or internets) with customer service and at least negotiate some sort of credit/deal. While amazon might have dropped the ball their customer service rarely does.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 5:02:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 5:04:14 AM PST
klopas says:
I miss the $20 pre-order credits, no tax (not amazon's fault), and actual 2-day shipping (release day). If I were you, I'd go to a gamestop, or any other game retailer of your choosing, and pick up the game while refusing/cancelling the package from amazon. Only bad thing is if you were really wanting the pre-order bonuses...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:02:57 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
I don't understand it. Did they run out of copies? My brother and I live in different states and he already has his. So it must be a problem with the distribution center close to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:03:55 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
I just did, they refunded my shipping charges and said they will "expedite" it to get it to me tonight. I could have raged for more but it's 7am.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:04:18 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
Last time I did this the game was at my doorstep at 9am. I have learned my lesson though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:04:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 5:05:47 AM PST
This.

This is what I usually do:

Complain to customer service and get a credit (I always shoot for $20), keep the order, buy a copy at Gamestop and keep the receipt, then return the amazon copy to Gamestop. You get the credit and get the game.

Had to do this with Dark Souls, Skyrim, and something else... I think a guide book.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:04:41 AM PST
Often the distribution center.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:05:08 AM PST
Still... That's tonight when you took a day off work. I'd try to get more. >:)

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 5:06:11 AM PST
Iv never really had much problems. Iv received one game late max Payne 3 but that's it, and Iv pre ordered a ton of games from amazon.
But I am getting a little sick of them, they raised the release date delivery price, took away gift card promos. And the exclusive bonus's are pretty lame.
Try walmart.com, they have release date delivery for most big name games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:08:27 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
The man was British and he was so damn reassuring. I think I am just going to buy a copy and return this one when it comes though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:10:11 AM PST
They're always reassuring because they're completely clueless and it's the only way to calm a customer down.

When they oversold Dark Souls they told me it was shipping "the morning of release".

I'm glad I bought it from Gamestop, because it was like 4 days late.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:11:09 AM PST
You know what's going to happen if you do that, right? In the time it takes you to drive out and back they are going to deliver it.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 5:12:31 AM PST
Dan Wang says:
My copy JUST GOT SHIPPED. It's the F***** RELEASE DATE. I chose release date shipping, not two-day, not ground, etc.

I am NEVER buying from amazon again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:14:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 5:14:54 AM PST
Do you live close to a distribution center? You might still get it today, I often have movies/games ship the same day I get them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:15:03 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
I just can't get mad at Amazon for some reason. They were my lifeline in Iraq and Afghanistan. But they are screwing up lately and I am losing faith. We used to get actual Amazon credit for pre-orders, now we get stupid "video store" credit. Screw it, I'm calling back and getting some goddam credit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:15:54 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:43 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:16:21 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
That would be just my luck actually. But I live less than a mile from Best Buy, Gamestop, and Target so I wouldn't be too mad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:16:26 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
I know, right, we're already on the site?! Oh, Amazon, you so silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:17:43 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:43 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:20:38 AM PST
Well at least you wont be using up a bunch of gas to get the game.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  77
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions