Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

My BO2 Review...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 67 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 12:59:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 2:27:28 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I'll get to the bottom line, and since I love to rank things...

FPS Military Games: MW> MW2> B3*> BO2> Any of the other NEW platform COD games.

*If I was a boss at vehicles in B3 I could probably rank B3 #1, but I just couldn't get them down so I wouldn't know if it was better unless I mastered the vehices then I'd have to think B3 is the best war FPS ever. That being said BO2 is a very good game and being ranked #4 IMO is a job well done.

CAMPAIGN: I only got about 3/4 thru but is my favorite of the series. It's different, it makes sense, it plays like a dark movie, it doesn't have those long bs intros into each level that you can't bypass that all the COD's have had. Only negative was the same jarring cut scene they'd show over and over as your plane lands as you complete each mission so lame why didn't they cut that ? Other than that, a fantastic campaign.

ZOMBIES: They look great, but I'm just not a Zombie guy cuz I need three other buddies that rule at Zombies just never got into it, but I did have a crew I ran with for a couple of games and I finally understood what the fun was all about, but I'm a lone wolf at COD, so if you love Zombies I'm sure you'll love this mode.

MULTIPLAYER: I liked the maps there is a huge variety, the updated graphics make a huge difference if you are a graphics whore like me. You don't have a lot of weapons initially at your disposal tokens and ranking up have to unlock them. Where is my M16 :)? I think the best thing about the game that really stood out to me was the targeting system it just looks fantastic and feels satisfying when you get the kill. I only dominated as usual in the only game mode I'm good at Domination and it felt great and satisfying because when your doing damage it's a blast game, but I think for me and the majority we all stink at the game lets be honest there arent that many GREAT COD players we all kinda stink lol. For example I played 30 games last night and there was only one player that I considered a really good player. The kill streaks lose me they are better and better with each COD release, great if you have them and annoying if you don't cuz they are nearly all deadly, that's why I think hurts the game and what made MW so great, it was balanced. You have 10 items you can select, perks, add ons etc, that's a great add to the game, you don't have to have a secondary and can double up on other items. I did freeze or DISC about 5 out of 30 games that stunk but that will only improve and I'm not going to kill a review like many do because of opening day issues; it's COD it will get fixed.

OVERALL & CONCLUSION: A well made game, a nice package, the graphics are a big upgrade, some of the maps look much better than the others, like the LA map looked fantastic I thought. A familiar COD other than the much better campaign, the menus are excellent, and I love the IDEA of Trent Reznor doing the music score. However, he should have given us some classic NIN songs we could pull from as well and we should be able to edit the rotation of them. The same menu composition gets old fast. Remember that simple but perfect MW menu title sound that was perfect? It called to you, "please play me." I'd give this game an 8/10, but for the package it offers I'll give it a 9GN/10.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:04:24 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
MW2 was horrid compared to MW1. But I guess I will see if BO2 is not better than MW2 tonight.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:05:51 PM PST
vishock says:
heres mine

campaign is great so far, nothing on the level of mass effect, uncharted, etc, but still good for COD...

zombies mode just sucks, i dont like the feel or the maps.

mp is your typical MP, so far i think its better than MW3 and Black Ops 1.

conclusion: 7.5/10

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:06:13 PM PST
So it's no Halo 4?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:09:53 PM PST
vishock says:
not even close

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:12:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 1:16:49 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
MW2 ruled to me until danger close and one man army ruined it, but loved it up to that point.

JJ I want that question answered from you as far as B3, is it the best Military FPS you've ever played ? Since you are have such a handle on the vehicles of B3 and I was just a infantry guy and could only master the buggy I never go the full experience in B3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:16:12 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
Best military FPS? Could be. Depends on what type of player you are.

If you like all out war, vehicles, constant destruction, awesome infantry, but no killstreaks and bs stuff. Yeah I think BF3 is the best.

But if you don't like all that and want fast game play - it's far from the best.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:17:39 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Good way to put it. THX.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:25:18 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
I like both, I feel BF3 is more of a FPSRPG experience. The maps are so big on PC, with so much to do, so many different play styles, so many different ways to do things, it truly engages a player on that level. Especially if you enter a server with high tickets.

COD/MoH/Halo, is all fast reaction game play and everything is real quick. It gives you some depth (weapon selection, perks, killstreaks), but really doesn't engage someone as much as something else. It might be addictive, but nothing that's long going. I put 1000+ hours into COD4, but I had MANY breaks in my play time of 3 years. BF3, I can play for months without taking a solid break.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:33:00 PM PST
The SWAT-556 is the BO2 version of the M-16.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:34:14 PM PST
Does the zombie mode play like BOps with the doors that break down, waves of dogs, etc? I was kind of hoping they'd make it almost like L4Dead but with better guns and a more military feel.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:37:11 PM PST
Prankster says:
I really don't understand why his review has been downvoted so much. I mean, it clearly says in the title that it's his review so it's definitely not going to be exactly similar to yours. I guess I just keep forgetting this isn't unusual here. I'm upvoting it so that it stays visible.

I hope you enjoy the game as you play more Sean.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:53:56 PM PST
Iso says:
This forum is filled with packs of roaming fools, that would be why.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:59:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 2:00:29 PM PST
I agree. At least he (MoultonHawk) gives some depth to his review instead of just "COD sux!" or "Halo 4 is overrated." and doesn't give a good reason why.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:02:01 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Does anyone know how long the campaign is....I have heard some good things and that it is twice as long as the usual CoD campaigns.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:03:59 PM PST
Soulshine says:
I'm curious about that too. Also - anything about the "open" nature of the SP missions? I might get this for my dad for christmas, and I know he'd like it either way. He just doesn't play MP.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:04:16 PM PST
I've heard about 7-8 hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:05:39 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
That is not bad as Halo 4 is about 8-10 hours and seeing as I now suck at videogames, tack on a couple more hours. CoD 2 took me about ten hours or so and I loved that game.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:07:46 PM PST
I tentatively agree with the OP that this is the best CoD to date. I'm probably about 1/3 to 1/2 done with the campaign and it's been great so far; between the cold war, future, and strike missions the campaign and story have been fresh and engaging. I've also enjoyed online play, the general feel of the gunplay seems to be a bit more picky about what it calls a "hit", which I'm totally fine with. The PS3 needs a patch to fix the issue many players are having with system freezing, plus some matchmaking issues, but for the most part I'm pretty happy with BLOPS 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:09:40 PM PST
God, I suck at games also. I used to be good. I was....you have to believe me!

*sobs in the corner*

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:14:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 2:19:08 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
That's what I figured OnlyGettinBetter THX.

Zombies? I only played zombie mode a couple of games, and I'm not a veteran of zombies, yes you have to put the boards back up on the windows, not sure about dogs, but the thing with zombies is there is no ending and you need good players to play with and I don't want to be on insane sensitivity just not my thing, but yes zombies looks great. I believe there is a SP type zombie mode but I forgot to try that.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:28:27 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 14, 2012 2:29:41 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:54:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 3:04:48 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Matthew, lol. Yea man it's funny how everyone thinks they are brilliant at this game you look at the stats and the scores don't reflect it. The people that are winning these games are usually the quick fast guy on insane sensitivity that racks up kills by running around the maps as fast as possible with the cheapest gun, or the guy that finds a good camp spot and works the spot well with the killstreaks finishing the game for him.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:40:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 11:56:31 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I just finished the SP. It plays out like a movie. It's not perfect, you'll see these jarring cut scenes this isn't a spolier really of your transport ship taking off and landing with each mission just seems so dated lame and unecessary, rocky at times, but the story is dark, violent, graphic, and wild. Hours, not really sure took me two nights but it's long enough, 6 hours maybe. I enjoyed the SP the most of the series even with the hiccups.

Once you finish the SP wait until the end of the credits.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:53:46 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Once you finish the SP wait until the end of the credits.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  67
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions