Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Nintendo catches up to Sony & Microsoft; Wii U will have day one update

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 3:50:43 PM PST
http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/11/06/wii-u-will-have-day-one-update

Wii U has arrived in the IGN offices. We'll break down what you can expect in the coming days and weeks (for example, expect a full unboxing tomorrow, November 7 at 10am PT), but many have asked us for our thoughts on Miiverse and the console's online experience. We can't tell you about those for one simple reason - the system needs an update to add that functionality. And so will you when the console launches in less than two weeks.

We don't know much more about this update, only that it will add Miiverse, Wii U Chat (the system's 'real time communication' application), Nintendo TVii and the system's eShop. We are supposed to get access to these programs shortly before the system's launch through an upcoming system update - the same update Wii U owners will have to install in order to gain access to these features as well.

We'll update you with more as we learn it - both in terms of the process needed to add these new programs, and details on their functionality as well.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:57:37 PM PST
Aku says:
Why is real time communication is parentheses? Kinda has me worried.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:19:56 PM PST
A worthy question, Aku. I'm going to guess it doesn't refer to the speed that sound travels coupled with the speed of that same sound converted into digital packets sent screaming through the interwebs. ;)

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 6:23:15 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
Unboxings always gets me giddy like a school girl, it's refreshing. Finally I get to see it leaving the box - good times, good times...

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:53:20 PM PST
well the real test will be how long the update takes to load. if it takes less than an hour it will just prove how inferior nintendo is to sony.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions