Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Does the Xbox 360 have any games with graphics that compete with Uncharted 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 94 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:27:07 AM PST
I agree that as good as the graphics in Uncharted are, it's that great gameplay that make them good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:27:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:44:05 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
No, you are misinterpreting what i've carefully expressed. I'm not solely commenting from an image to image quality comparison. It becomes apples to oranges anyhow.

In terms of art direction and conception, Uncharted has nothing on Halo. Can you make an Indiana Jones game look well...like Indiana Jones? sure. The precedent is there....Lara Croft, the movies, treasure hunt settings, earthy landscapes, motion cap , actors....throw some one liners, some zombies, other pop culture references...its a production. Popcorn.

How do you conceive something that alien, fictional...and produce that imagery which in turn becomes the face of a game? Something that becomes unmistakeable despite how much they've tinkered with it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:28:21 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
"How do you conceive something that alien, fictional...and produce that imagery which in turn becomes the face of a game?"

Lots of straight lines and neon lights.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:28:27 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
"Halo 4 looks better than Uncharted."

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune...sure!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:29:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:29:25 AM PST
least Heavy Rain had the balls to do something innovative unlike 90% of the most repetitive sh*t that's out there. innovation > everything

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:29:17 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Sure thing, John. I mean ,M.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:29:30 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Halo stole most of it's look and gameplay from Tribes. I wouldn't be shouting how original it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:29:53 AM PST
Keller says:
I loved the whole train sequence with the helicoptor in UC2, that was a great level in design and it played out fantastically. Graphics help increase the atmosphere of a game, but graphics alone mean nothign without a good game backing it up.

I really didn't dig Heavy Rain, I traded it in after I finished it. I don't get the appeal.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:30:23 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Heavy Rain is a copy of Metal Gear.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:31:07 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
"How do you conceive something that alien, fictional...and produce that imagery which in turn becomes the face of a game? Something that becomes unmistakeable despite how much they've tinkered with it? "

Nearly all developers do this for nearly every game that comes out. Not to mention directors like Ridley Scott do this too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:31:19 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Heavy Rain was outstanding. But it was also completely different from everything else out at the time, and thus, it's not everyone's cup of tea.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:31:41 AM PST
too bad people believe opinions as facts

facts>opinion

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:31:44 AM PST
Keller says:
Innovative? What was innovative? Just curious, because it reminded me of Shenmue, another game I just didn't like. I don't recall it doing anything I havne't seen before, except having my decisions effect the outcome, though Chrono Trigger did somethign similar back in the 90s. Also I am honestly curious, I am not attempting to start a silly troll debate.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:33:14 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I haven't played Shenmue, but from what I gathered Heavy Rain did a lot of new things with this "genre". Not to mention that it was quite a technical milestone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:33:19 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
It is, what it is, yet the scale of the universe is immense. Brodude Jones game it is not.' Tomb Raider' or 'Gears clone' is not the common reference

At this point, one would have to argue that it is peerless. Its not a billion dollar IP for nothing. If you think Sony would rather have Uncharted over Halo, there is a crack pipe somewhere with your name on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:34:30 AM PST
While I agree that it was nice to play something different with Heavy Rain and I liked the game, innovation is definitely not the most important part of a game. There is plenty of innovative crap out there that is executed terribly. Considering touchscreen gaming is pretty new and "innovative" and most of it is garbage, I think your point is off target.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:34:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:35:13 AM PST
Keller says:
I thought the raw graphics were crazy good, but the animation was a bit rough. Honestly I think UC2 is more graphic as a package than Heavy Rain. After finishing Heavy Rain I can't say it did anything unique. Unless I missed something.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:35:21 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I guess I'm still not getting your argument. The developers of Halo 4 do deserve props for some outstanding art direction. But that's all it is...art direction. In terms of actual graphics (both in how they're rendered and how the game performs while rendering them), both Halo 4 and Uncharted 3 are on equal footing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:36:18 AM PST
The facial animations and character models in Heavy Rain were unbeatable, but the backgrounds got muddy pretty often. I remember thinking right before the baby scene that the character model was flawless and the house was all grainy and even had a bunch of jaggies. It was a bit jarring actually.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:36:29 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Well if you are considering the whole Halo Universe is limited to Master Chief's helmet....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:37:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:38:12 AM PST
Keller says:
Agreed. I also thought the plot twist was predictable. The game was a solid 7/10 for me. Heavy Rain was worth playing once, but it wasn't a keeper. Not like MGS4, UC2, Resistance 3, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:37:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:38:43 AM PST
everything is influenced by something. one can only revolutionize off, built off it, be successful at it. Gears was influenced by RE4, which influenced by Onimusha 3. it all starts somewhere. doesn't mean we have to "like" the change that goes on.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:39:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:40:40 AM PST
Keller says:
My apologies, but I don't get your point? Your post doesn't seem to answer the simple question of what Heavy Rain did that was innovative. For the record I dont' consider RE4 or Gears innovative. Great games for sure, but not innovative.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:40:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:47:28 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
My argument rests within the topic of art direction, but you keep taking it elsewhere.

To me 'graphics' encompass more than just trying to replicate something familiar or realistic , but creating something uniquely distinctive.

Same way something like Fable to me has beatiful graphics over some UE3 game that looks realistic but ultimatetly could be mistaken for a Gears clone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:42:26 AM PST
there is no simple question, because not everyone will agree. what we see in a game as innovative, or influencing is obviously going to differ person by person. so the real question is "why is it that I do or don't agree with what you said?"
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  94
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions