Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Game of Thrones Beer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 8:06:46 PM PST
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/coming-soon-the-beer-of-kings/

Fans of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" will have an opportunity to raise a flagon of ale in its honor next spring, when a new line of beers inspired by that series is introduced. HBO is set to announce that it will team up with Brewery Ommegang, a Belgian-style brewery in Cooperstown N.Y., to create beers based on themes and characters in the fantasy series adapted from the novels by George R. R. Martin.

The first beer, Iron Throne Blonde Ale, will be inaugurated nationwide in late March, to coincide with the Season 3 premiere of "Game of Thrones," which is scheduled for March 31. Three more beers are planned, with the second to be released next fall. The others will follow in subsequent seasons.

Can't wait

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 1:42:12 AM PST
Joshua C says:
The Unofficial GoT Cookbook actually has an entire section devoted to homebrewing beer and wine from the series. Good stuff, if you know what you're doing

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:15:45 AM PST
Heck, I'll give it a shot.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:18:10 AM PST
DukeNole says:
I'm actually looking forward to this - my nerd (and love of beer) is showing. When I first read the title of the thread I was hoping it wasn't some cheap, gimmicky crap beer they were going to make, but Ommegang is legit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:20:06 AM PST
Yep. Ommegang is legit, even if the name kind of sucks They should have called it Lannister Gold or something.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:26:58 AM PST
User says:
Most annoying possible character for the launch beer, but w/e. If it's carried anywhere around here (unlikely), I'll try it out.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions