Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Fan tries to trade CANDY for Eagles TICKETS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2012 10:49:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 10:51:28 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I should give credit but I can't find it now anyway I got a good laugh outta this...

For those masochistic Philadelphia Eagles fans looking for another reminder of how bad their team is, try this:

A fan on Craigslist is offering to swap his leftover Halloween candy for Eagles tickets, and he thinks it's a fair trade.

This is the posting that went up this week:

I'll trade my leftover Halloween candy for tickets to the Eagles vs Pathers game this Monday night.

I have 23 Snickers bars (fun size), 5 Snickers Almond bars (fun size), and an unopened bag of Charms Blow Pops (assorted flavors).

The game is Monday night, it's against the Panthers, and it's going to be cold. If you'd rather not sit through another Eagles' game, this is a great trade.

Ouch.

As much as it hurts Eagles fans to see it, this guy has a point. The Eagles are in last place and this week they're playing the last-place Panthers. The weather will likely be in the 40s in Philadelphia on Monday, and it can be a hassle to get to and from a Monday night game.

Granted, much of the candy is fun size, and the bags have been opened, but is that better than paying to see some terrible football? Maybe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 10:51:24 PM PST
Hey, I'd rather have candy than an American football ticket.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 10:51:34 PM PST
I believe these kinds of trades now have to be conducted in the currency of Twinkie.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 11:40:16 PM PST
I think the candy guy is offering too much (Eagle fan here)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 11:56:35 PM PST
Nicos says:
Twinkies are the new bitcoins.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 12:08:00 AM PST
Nicos says:
Also.. 10 bucks sez that this "fan" is actually a giant spider wearing a diaper.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions