Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Game with the best combat system

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 81 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:54:19 AM PST
hide the pickle

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:55:32 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i also think that Bayonetta has a perfect 3d fighting engine.
(sweet arcana heart fan!!! :) )

my fav 2d fighting game would be Street Fighter Alpha 3.

fav FPS engine are the Halo games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:13:52 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
There is this search engine that gives away Galaxy Credits, you can cash those in for Moon Units.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:10:30 AM PST
Iso says:
It is well worth it actually. If you have a decent PC I can actually hook you up with the game. If not, it is only like $15 or so.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:08:34 AM PST
Iso says:
Haven't hit up Far Cry 3 enough yet, bet from what I played it seems to be very well done.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:01:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:07:49 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I am really liking Valkyria Chronicles, great battle system. And eff it, I will take the downvote barrage; Skyward Sword best battle system ever.

*runs away*

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 7:58:12 AM PST
prafaces says:
Despite its shortcomings with archery, Dark Souls is without peer, imo. I've found no other game that has combat anywhere near its quality.

If Dark Souls II models its archery after Dragon's Dogma's, but keeps the rest of the combat system as it is now, it'll be perfection.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:40:04 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Yeah, Tenchu was an amazing series seriously mishandled. I even enjoyed part 3 even though it wasn't my favorite. Then it just gets worst from there. Shame.

I hope Mark of the Ninja 2 is being thought of. I just finished the first and wish I played it sooner.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 7:35:28 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Hmmm sounds interesting, I look into it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:29:00 AM PST
Think 2D stealth, done right. I know, that seems weird but it works from what I've seen of it. Don't think Sole Survivor as that is nothing like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:28:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Shame you missed out on that Amazon sale. They were basically giving it away.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:26:15 AM PST
Make it happen!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:25:56 AM PST
STOP! I don't have any Moon Units to buy this with right now!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:24:05 AM PST
Mark of the Ninja isn't like any other game out there. I honestly can't compare it to anything. Which is one of the reasons it's so amazing.

Trust me, play it as soon as possible. It will probably change the way you think about stealth games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:22:59 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Huge on stealth!

I played through Dishonored twice, that game was a stealth players heaven. I'll check it Mark of the Ninja, what game out there can you closely compare it to?

Fox - I'm such a big fan of those first person cinematics. I first expereinced it with Mirror's Edge and Condemned 2. After playing Far Cry 2, and now the perfection that is Far Cry 3. I would have to say Far Cry 3 is the king pin now.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:21:45 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I had a lot of fun and put 50+ hours into Tenchu Z on the 360. It's one of my only 1000/1000 games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:20:39 AM PST
Hell yeah, dude. The first Tenchu is one of my all time favorite stealth games, and I recalled it often as I was playing Mark of the Ninja.

Tenchu doesn't get the respect it deserved. Probably because after the Playstation era, the franchise got butchered.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:18:54 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
You play Tenchu 1 or 2? I think if they made that series 2D, Mark of the Ninja would be it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:16:22 AM PST
I'm tempted to think that no game in history has ever done pure stealth better than Mark of the Ninja.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:16:03 AM PST
Dang it, I was coming in here to say this and Tetris. Oh, well.

Tetris.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:15:29 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I have Mark of the Ninja, but I haven't played it yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:14:56 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It definitely has brought the genre to another level. I only played about 40 minutes of FC2, but after playing through 3 and seeing all the situations that I was put in, I was amazed the camera never reverted to third person for some of those scenes and that they did it all in first person. I was moving my head to mimic the on screen action, lol. I was so enthralled by it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:14:31 AM PST
Marv, you're a big stealth guy, right?

Make sure to play Mark of the Ninja and Dishonored if you haven't already. They are two of the most unique spins on the "stealth" genre I've seen in years.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 7:14:21 AM PST
Chris... says:
In terms of third person action I don't think anything comes close to the Souls games and the Arkham games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:13:38 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I loved Far Cry for the cinematics. They actaully started the whole extra first person cinematics with Far Cry 2, now all FPS are following suit.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  81
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions