Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone else getting the Cross-Controller DLC today for LBP2?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 2:06:26 PM PST
Gamer Dude says:
Meh, I'm too cheap to buy a Wii U so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Who else is getting it?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 2:11:00 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I'll get it, but I'll probably never use it. I prefer the dualshock.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 2:11:37 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Nope, but maybe you could give your impressions of what you think of it afterwards.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 2:12:38 PM PST
Gamer Dude says:
Same here. Wonder what next game will support this feature? It might just become a one time gimmick.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 2:13:37 PM PST
Gamer Dude says:
Will do. Can't compare it to the Wii U gamepad(since I don't own one) but I'll let you guys know how it goes. Seems like it's best played with local multiplayer.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 2:14:10 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
You all realize you don't need to buy the DLC to use the vita with lbp2 right? It's only for the lvl pack, you can still make and play community lvls utilizing it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 2:16:01 PM PST
Gamer Dude says:
What good is it without the level pack though? I hate creating and most community levels suck, so I'm just getting it for the levels and gameplay.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 11:25:14 PM PST
Gamer Dude says:
Alright so I played the DLC and it's alright. Only 4 levels though. Any questions about it?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:06:09 AM PST
Does it allow the vita to cook me breakfast?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:53:24 AM PST
Gamer Dude says:
Yes. What would you like?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:56:18 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Could you see this type of feature being used in many more games, or is it just something convenient for LBP2?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:02:39 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
How does this work exactly, you use the Vita as a controller to play through your TV?

Any benefit at all for doing it this way?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:06:18 AM PST
Gamer Dude says:
I could definitely see it incorporated into games like Rayman Legends, but I don't know about FPS and RPGs. Perhaps it could be your inventory on the screen? Would make it easy to switch weapons and whatnot.

One downside though is that you have to install a program ONTO your Vita. The LBP2 one took 1GB which is insane. So you really don't even open up remote play when playing, just the program which kinda ruins the experience.
While your PS3 runs the game software, the PS Vita runs its own and exchanges signals with each other. So your actual PS3 game isn't on the Vita screen, it's the Vita program.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:09:22 AM PST
1#Fetish says:
Sounds like another attempt to sell overpriced SD cards...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:10:18 AM PST
Gamer Dude says:
Yeah so you connect your Vita and PS3 under the same wireless connection and they pass data back and forth to one another. There was surprisingly no lag. However you can only play the Vita with the specific game portion. So if you want to play a regular game with just the Vita controller, you're out of luck.

I think there are benefits as far as adding front and rear touch. Does it seem a little gimmicky? Yeah. I can't see it becoming a standard feature in PS3 games. But it's still neat.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:12:05 AM PST
Gamer Dude says:
True that. I bought a 16gb one for a hefty price back in February and it's already filling up. Sony really doesn't make an effort to make downloads a little smaller.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions