Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Hi-res pics of DualShock 4

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2013 10:11:33 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
It's kinda cool-looking!

http://www.destructoid.com/high-res-shots-of-the-dualshock-4-and-playstation-4-eye-246181.phtml

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 10:18:14 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I think it's nice. My only complaint is the triggers. Theyre improved, but I think they should still be curved upward.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 10:20:24 PM PST
Futzbucket says:
What does the "share" button do? What if I don't like sharing? Is there a "take" button?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 10:23:06 PM PST
Frank says:
Yes! They didn't change it much. When is Microsoft going to take a lesson from Sony about controller ergonomics? The offset sticks and giant taco form factor and using lower triggers to "fire" is just stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 10:36:34 PM PST
Why would Microsoft do that when they've arguably made the best controller ever minus the d-pad (which they fixed)

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 10:40:32 PM PST
So happy they made L2 and R2 actual triggers. I still think that touch pad might be a little uncomfortable to use though having to reach over the analog sticks. Speaking of those glad they changed those too.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 5:35:07 AM PST
Voice of god says:
I'd want to see how it feels in my hands, but I'm optimistic. It looks like they've taken a lot of cues from the best parts of the 360 controller. The ridges inside the analog sticks should help keep fingers from slipping, and it looks like they actually tried this time with the design of the L2 and R2 buttons (though I'll still want to try them in my hands to see if they feel like pressing slippery marshmallows). The overall design where your hands make contact looks smoother and more comfortable, and not a like bunch of disjointed circles.

But what has me most optimistic is what looks like longer and better-shaped (bulgier) hand grips. It looks like it's just more comfortable to hold, which is important to me since I've gotten achiness and soreness from the current PS3 controller after long stretches of play time.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 5:36:39 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Yeah totally, Microsoft should definitely take notes and stop making one of the best controllers ever made, cuz Sony!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 3:11:47 PM PST
Frank says:
Only if you like your controller to be as big as a slice of French toast. The Xbox controller is about as svelte as that tablet sized cell phone Samsung makes. No thanks :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 3:38:08 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
No, that would be the Wii U game pad.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 6:30:27 PM PST
I saw those pics on Bestbuy.com two days ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 6:33:26 PM PST
Cool story bro.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 7:12:18 PM PST
Trist says:
From the pic there are little holes, does it have a speaker on it like the Wii nunchucks?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 7:22:00 PM PST
It does have a speaker.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 7:25:13 PM PST
Trist says:
cool, really like that feature with the Wii so will be interested to see what Sony's games will do with it.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 8:03:14 PM PST
That share button is pretty retarded.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 8:22:28 PM PST
Voice of god says:
And this thread had them a day before that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions