Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: top 5 movies you love, that went unoticed or unrecognized by popular opinion/social media...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 250 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:53:05 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
For some reason Black Snake Moan is making me think of Hustle & Flow. (which I thought was pretty good as well.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:53:11 AM PST
Slevin was awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:53:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 7:54:31 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Lucky Number Slevin to was too clever for it's own good.

I think I like Life Aquatic the best of Anderson's movies, though I've yet to see Moonrise Kingdom.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:56:24 AM PST
Wrong, the correct answer is Fantastic Mr. Fox. That is easily my pick for best Anderson movie...though I've also yet to see Moonrise.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:58:22 AM PST
Life Aquatic is probably my second favorite right after Royal Tenenbaums. Moonrise Kingdom is beautiful, and in my opinion, his best since Life Aquatic.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:58:44 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I haven't seen that one yet either. I've heard mixed things about it, but I still don't get how it cannot be awesome. We'll see.

Another newer obscure movie I saw recently was Butter. Nothing amazing but worth a look and it's on Netflix instant. I don't remember seeing anything about it when it came out.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:01:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 8:06:33 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
1. Bunraku - It's my favorite action movie (and yes, I've seen the Ong Baks and The Raid). It's on Netflix, so everyone should just go watch it. Also, it has Woody Harrelson.
2. Stranger Than Fiction - A lot of people write this movie off because it has Will Ferrel in it, but they shouldn't, because it is not a Will Ferrel movie.
3. The Watchmen - Because I never miss an opportunity in a discussion about movies to annoy Mogwai Injustice by bringing this one up.
4. The Incredibles - Probably my second favorite Pixar movie that constantly gets overshadowed by the Toy Stories and Wall-e (though Wall-e is my number one, so I can't really argue about that). It's especially worth revisiting now after the superhero boom that's happened in popular movies.
5. Cop Out - Okay, I'm not 100% on this one, but I'm struggling to think of a fifth. I caught most of it on Showtime earlier this year and it was shockingly funny.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:02:27 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
I'm surprised no many people are saying Moon [Blu-ray]

Great Sci-fi movie

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:03:08 AM PST
It's not in my top 5, but "Enter The Void" is a trip! Very artistic and very outside-the-box way of doing a movie. And along that line, I'd also say "Requiem For a Dream," but I KNOW that has a cult following, because that's how I first saw it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:03:47 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Don't know why I didn't think of Slevin for my list, particularly since I put Bunraku on there which also stars Josh Harnett. I love that movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:04:24 AM PST
I've never finished Bunraku. I have the DVD though, so maybe I'll watch it here in a few minutes when I go to the tent.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:05:51 AM PST
I think Slevin had some decent media coverage, but Bunraku was DEF under everyone's radar. Good choice!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:08:39 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Thanks! I never knew anything about it until it hit DVD. The wife and I were browsing blockbuster and picked it up on impulse, due to the cast (Hartnett, Harrelson, Pearlman, Moore). We watched it that afternoon, and I went out and bought it the next day.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:08:44 AM PST
Warrior's Way (Ninja vs Cowboys? Yes please)
Ironclad
Down with Love
Stardust
Coraline

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:08:51 AM PST
Soulshine says:
That one is on my list of things to watch on netflix.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:21:23 AM PST
"Warrior's Way (Ninja vs Cowboys? Yes please)"

I thought that when watching the commercial, but damn I was disappointed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:21:37 AM PST
I'm pretty sure everything Pixar has done cannot be called unnoticed or unrecognized. Especially The Incredibles as it's one of the fan favorites.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:22:24 AM PST
Two Gaiman movies in there, nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:22:26 AM PST
*sigh* I thought I'd be able to put away the Hawken Knife forever. I thought I'd get to leave my stabbing ways behind me. Wanda... You have no one to blame for your impending stabbing but yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:23:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 8:24:24 AM PST
I'm a pretty huge Gaiman fanboy. Once, when I was suffering from blindness I saw him in a crowd and touched the hem of his black duster and was instantly healed!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:28:05 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Which two are the Gaiman movies? The only one I've seen Mirrormask (that I know of).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:29:27 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Coraline is one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:31:30 AM PST
Coraline and Stardust, both of which are wonderful. I enjoyed Mirrormask, but it doesn't rank on my favorite movies list.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:32:04 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
It did not go unnoticed on release, but it's been a while and I do think people tend to forget about it. Not as much as they forget about A Bug's Life, but still.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:33:08 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I totally didn't realize Coraline was a Gaiman story.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  250
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions