Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls again, lol...SPOILERS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 822 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:57:46 AM PST
The lag gets better as more creatures in the level dies.

Peter, go after the blow-dart guys as they are a serious pest and they don't respawn if you die. There is a black phantom in the level. If you kill her, you can summon her to help take down the boss. Her summon sign for help is kinda annoying to find unless you know where to look for it.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:03:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 6:03:45 AM PST
The black phantom only shows up when you are in body form.

Daft, her sign is right in front of the boss door...you had trouble 'finding' that? :)

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:04:33 AM PST
:'( I wish I could play Dark Souls on PC.

I might have to buy the DLC on my PS3 if the reformat doesn't work.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:05:42 AM PST
What in the heck am I thinking of then? I coulda swore that it was obscured by some weeds off to the side.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:06:37 AM PST
Sars says:
I dont even worry about the guys in blightstown, I just run as fast as i can to the bonfire.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:07:19 AM PST
Capt, speaking of reformat, I restored my wife's laptop to factory. I installed Norton and Malwarebytes and I've been running their scans every few days...it seems to be pretty stable so far. Thanks for your advice, but I forgot to other program you mentioned along with Malwarebytes. What was that again?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:07:41 AM PST
Does GFWL not do a Steam Cloud type of thing with your saves?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:07:48 AM PST
Daft, you're thinking of Witch Beatrice and the Butterfly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:12:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 6:13:29 AM PST
D'oh! My bad.

Peter, the boss of Blighttown really doesn't need any help as long as you can manage to not roll/run into lava. If you do summon an NPC Phantom to help you, be sure to send them home right before the boss dies. Seems backwards, but you'll net more souls. Don't be a D and do this to a real person, however.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:15:56 AM PST
I usually use Avast instead of Norton, but that should do the trick as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:16:31 AM PST
You might be thinking of Beatrice, before the Moonlight Butterfly? Her sign is hidden under the stairs and under a bush at the bottom of the tower before you fight the Butterfly.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:11:34 AM PST
Thanks Capt. Best Buy had the Norton 360 for $19 the other day, good for 3 PCs so I picked up one.

One more question: how would I find out what kind/size of RAM to get for a desktop HP PC?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:14:04 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
I will do that. Thanks Daft!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:14:35 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
I will def have plenty of moss with me when i go back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:15:53 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Lol. I'm not even sure how I would send help away.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:16:33 AM PST
And make sure you make it one of your quick access items! It sucks to get toxic and die because you're fumbling through your inventory trying to find a blooming purple moss :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:19:33 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
For sure. I was thinking the moss, the estus, the fire...umm...stuff for your weapons, a homeward bone just in case, and one other yet to be determined as my quick access while I'm there. I also need to buy some more arrows first. Didnt realize I was out until I wasnt able to shoot the wasps, lol. Talk about poor inventory management on my part!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:21:51 AM PST
You'll have to find out the make and model of your motherboard to see what kind of RAM it will accept. Usually the manufacturer's have this information on their website.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:34:43 AM PST
Belarc advisor is a really good free program for this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:40:11 AM PST
Sars says:
you dont have to fight any of the enimies you can run buy all of them and get to the bonfire in th swamp. from there you can explore without having to worry about getting down there again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:41:07 AM PST
Sars says:
I hate that lol. nothing worst then trying to use something to realize you are out.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:10:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 8:16:14 AM PST
OK any tips before I start? Good starting classes, items to pick? Use a wiki or play pure?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:12:58 AM PST
Chris... says:
Choose the pyro class and choose the master key as your gift.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:15:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 8:16:29 AM PST
I recommend Cleric for the heal and master key as your gift if you go faith, Pyro and master key otherwise.

Use the VGF, it'll save you some headache. A wiki spoils FAR too much.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:17:38 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
I figured I could run by the big dudes in the tunnel, but I'm not sure where the next bonfire is. Is it at the bottom after you climb down all the ladders? Or is it outsed before you cross the ravine into the tunnel that leads to Blighttown? I'll check out the guide when I get home of course, lol, but just curious while I'm here at work.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Is Activision Blizzard's $500 Million "Destiny" a $1.5 Billion Disappointment? 16 3 minutes ago
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan 546 4 minutes ago
OT: F-22 Pops its Cherry as US/Arab Nations Strike ISIS Targets in Syria and Iraq 9 4 minutes ago
Playstation TV's 1 GB memory and no controller is disappointing 17 5 minutes ago
OT: PSA - Pink Floyd "Endless River" new album now up for pre-order 44 5 minutes ago
MIA*² 3924 6 minutes ago
List of Vita games compatible with PlayStation TV... 54 6 minutes ago
OT: Week 4 of the NFL Season. The season is slowly taking shape while the packers are a shell of their former selves. WHO YA GOT! 15 9 minutes ago
Who's the best VGF poster(s) here? 44 20 minutes ago
Do you think Sunset Overdrive will succeed or fail? 130 21 minutes ago
Does any here still get any physical gaming magazines? 49 22 minutes ago
Destiny, Exotic gear 126 24 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  822
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions