Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Do women dig beards?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 3, 2013 9:01:41 PM PST
So I realize there are not a lot of women that frequent this forum. However, I would like to know if the majority of women dig beards. Or facial hair, for that matter.

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 9:02:55 PM PST
Voice of god says:
I dig women who are beards.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:06:31 PM PST
This sentence is pretty illogical.

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 9:06:48 PM PST
I don't think so, all the women i know who grow facial hair to any degree go to great lengths to get rid of it.

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 9:07:03 PM PST
AmmmY says:
I hate facial hair personally.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:07:12 PM PST
Than you really don't know what he is saying.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:08:58 PM PST
What makes you hate it amy?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:09:37 PM PST
Voice of god says:
They have very low self esteem.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:10:56 PM PST
Well, I was being serious...

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 9:11:32 PM PST
DVvM says:
Really, large groups of people tend not to collectively like something that does not define their membership in that group (e.g. football fans all like football, but not all of them like guacamole or light beer.)

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 9:13:13 PM PST
Jonathan says:
My girlfriend always told me she'd like it if I went clean-shaven for her (when I met her I was sporting close-cropped facial hair). I did, and now she tells me not to go clean-shaven anymore, but she hates ZZ Top-style beards. And mustaches.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:13:37 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Men dig beards so, yeah...

What I am digging is your screen name though. Did you take it from the Mogwai song?

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 9:14:24 PM PST
Zak Iarih says:
Handlebar Stache nuff said

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 9:15:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2013 9:15:51 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
some do, some don't. I wouldn't grow a beard unless you like itching your face at night while you're trying to sleep with your face on your pillow.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:17:19 PM PST
Voice of god says:
If you're really serious, then don't seek advice from women on what women find attractive. Women have absolutely self-awareness when it comes to what they find attractive.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:18:57 PM PST
DVvM says:
Body hair is really only itchy when it's first growing in after you shave it, once it reaches a sufficient length it's not itchy at all.

Like, try only shaving your left leg to see this phenomenon in action.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:19:17 PM PST
Yes! Finally someone who recognizes the song from the greatest post rock band of all time! I post on a number of different forum's and your the first one to catch that. But back on topic, it seems that a lot of women can't appreciate an epic beard.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:21:47 PM PST
user22 says:
It also helps to wash your beard. It can become itchy if you let it get funky and infested.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:22:12 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Well it's about time someone noticed it! Mogwai actually isn't my favorite band in the genre but they are certainly one of my tops.

I'd say it really depends on what type of beard it is you are trying to grow. Some people look really amazing with them but some guys can't pull them off.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:23:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2013 9:29:25 PM PST
DVvM says:
Well, generally try to avoid infestation. Hygiene is always important.

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 9:26:12 PM PST
Voice of god says:
All that matters is whether it makes your face look good. If your face looks better with a beard, grow it. If it doesn't, don't. Trying to appeal to what women like in the abstract is unimportant. Just look as good as you personally can.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:32:01 PM PST
What bands are you digging in the genre Pardee? Sigur ros, godspeed you! black emperor, and slint are pretty much a given, but maybe you can name some I havn't heard of?

What other qualities would you need to pull off an epic beard in your opinion?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:33:18 PM PST
Voice of god says:
Homeric similes.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:35:04 PM PST
Oh totally, I agree. In the end, I don't really care that a woman wouldn't like my beard. It seems to me though, that facial hair goes in and out of style, so I was just wondering what the VGF thought.

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 9:38:09 PM PST
Realizing that, of course, I don't speak for the whole of my gender, I have to say that I dig beards. As long as it fits their face, I'm not against any kind of them. I am partial to the scruffy look though, and not too fond of the solo mustache or the crazy "mountain man" style.

As others have said though, it's more about what the individual can pull off instead of a true general preference.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  Mar 3, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions