Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Games you heard aren't good but want anyways?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 155 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 6, 2012 8:16:35 PM PST
Me? I still want Resident Evil 6 and Epic Mickey 2 despite the negativity.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:18:05 PM PST
Jon says:
I picked up REORC, syndicate, red steel 1+2, and madworld the other day. I love crappy games

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:20:41 PM PST
Not really games that I've heard aren't good but I'm a sucker for a sale, even if I don't know squat about the game. Right now I'm sitting here looking at Def-Con on Steam and trying to decide if I want it or not. I've bought a few games over the years on a whim and they turned out to be just horrible.

Happened a lot back in the days of the Playstation. My friend and I would often go to the store and we'd pick out a game we knew nothing about (it wasn't hard back then). We'd head home and check them out to see who had picked the better game. For some reason I was only able to pick out crud games or games I wouldn't come to appreciate until years later which would lead to my looking back on my younger self wondering what the hell was wrong with me. First time I played Final Fantasy Tactics I couldn't stand it but now I absolutely love the series, even the GBA version everyone hates so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:20:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 8:22:51 PM PST
Syndicate and The Darkness 2 are two others I heard are just merely "okay" as single player games but ones I sort of want as well.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:21:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 8:24:43 PM PST
Yeah I heard everyone talking smack on Madworld here but I heard elsewhere that it is pretty good. That and RE6, Operation Raccoon City, Farcry 2, and Enslaved I still need to check out.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:22:47 PM PST
I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to try that new Family Guy game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:25:06 PM PST
Red Steel 2 and MadWorld both got much more positive press than negative.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:25:29 PM PST
I actually thought The Darkness 2 was pretty good myself.

As far as games that I want and heard they weren't that good...hmmm...I can't really think of any right now.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:30:29 PM PST
Two Worlds 2.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:32:47 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Mugen Souls

The game looks completely ridiculous but I still want to buy it eventually.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:36:08 PM PST
Horowitz says:
Last Rebellion

Not sure why exactly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:37:11 PM PST
crono cross

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:39:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 8:52:14 PM PST
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends

Probably no one here has heard of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:39:22 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Chrono Cross was an absolutely brilliant game and I would highly recommend it. The game is fantastic.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:39:46 PM PST
Before a couple of days ago, I would've answered Splatterhouse but K-Mart had it on sale for $10 and I bought it. It's fantastic. Loud, dumb, and violent. It's all I expected and it delivered in spades. The reviews be damned.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:40:28 PM PST
Horowitz says:
Speaking of bad games, has anyone here played Raven Squad? You haven't played bad until you've played it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:41:19 PM PST
Who told you Chrono Cross wasn't that good? I thought it was a great game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:41:32 PM PST
I have. I paid money for it and was very upset. It was very little money but it still wasn't worth it. Decent idea, with the mix of FPS and RTS, but TERRIBLE execution.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:50:42 PM PST
Madworld is a great game, actually. Got positive reviews, and rightly so.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:51:50 PM PST
I don't know if I'd call it great, but it's certainly quite good. I honestly think it's a significantly better game than Chrono Trigger, though it has more superfluous trash mucking it up. That doesn't really get enough in the way to stop it from being a very good game, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:53:10 PM PST
I'd still like the Back to the Multiverse Family Guy game. I'll patiently wait for an awesome deal, but I do that for the likes of skyrim and Amalur, so you better believe it's going to wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:53:27 PM PST
Despite what I said above, I found it pretty boring, to be honest. There wasn't anything I could place as being particularly wrong with it, and I feel like I should give it another shot, as I never got far, but it's definitely at the bottom of my backlog from what I've played of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:57:52 PM PST
I actually sort of liked Two Worlds 2. Not a strong recommendation, but for what it is, it does it fairly well.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:58:57 PM PST
DVvM is the one who told me Chrono Cross sucks.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 9:00:47 PM PST
Chrono Cross is a great game and it largely received glowing reviews. Most people complain because it's not a direct sequel to Chrono Trigger, but rather a spiritual successor instead.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  155
Initial post:  Dec 6, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions