Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Soul Gambler - A nice kickstarter project

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2012 4:50:33 PM PST
I'm little suspect to recommend this one because the folks behind of the project are friends of mine, but I really think is a nice Kickstarter project.

Kickstarter - Soul Gambler (http://kck.st/TZW7WD)

The game is an interactive story (kind of an solo RPG or Make your own adventure) but instead of just text is a comic book. The story of the game is about a guy named Faust, who receives an offer to sell his soul

They already have a working version of the game on theirs site (http://bit.ly/Yo3I7M) and is running in a lot of different platforms, so you can check if you like the game before contributing to the Kickstarter

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:04:37 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:10 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:07:01 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:10 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:09:01 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I hate kickstarter. People need to get a job and work hard to fund their own projects. If you really want to do something work for it. Didn't that War Z game have a kickstarter? If so, look at what happened to that. I didn't read the article but on yahoo or msn or something they had a headline that said like 84% of kickstarter projects don't come out on time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:12:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 5:13:38 PM PST
Yup. gonna download it and check and see. If it's fun, I might send 5 or 10 their way. Don't really care to have my name anywhere in the game, so the OP might want to mention to the devs to include the option to not include a backer on the list. Creds are already too long on some games as-is.

More KS games would get something from me if they included a demo version first, even if it's just 5 or 10 mins of gameplay.

@Fullme7al: Yup, war z had a kickstarted. So did Faster Than Light and there are several people here on the forum that are really enjoying that game. Don't judge, not everyone enjoys the same thing and that's not the mentality that businesses who fund these games like to get their heads around.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:13:14 PM PST
FTL also had a Kickstarter. Look at what happened with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:14:04 PM PST
damn it, my edit came to slow. I was ninja'd by a later post.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:20:35 PM PST
I dunno, man. I think it's risky enough gambling your money on a kickstarter, but your soul, too?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:23:33 PM PST
"like 84% of kickstarter projects don't come out on time"

A ton of big-name AAA releases also get delayed.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:28:08 PM PST
Joshua C says:
Lost me when the video said "Interactive Visual Novel". I can never get into games with that description.

Plus side, at least they aren't like some of the kickstarter projects who ask for 50,000 or more to produce the same quality product

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:46:11 PM PST
Pass.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 2:54:32 AM PST
Wade Hone says:
hahahah, you are so antiquated in your view, or at least you certainly lack foresight. Kickstarter is freaking AWESOME! it allows good ideas to be funded. yup, you are right on the money about the majority of the projects being completed later than the 'visionary's dream' but oh man, you just haven't got vision if you don't see this is the way o the future hombre', and it is only going to get better.

Yesterday, you'd make your pitch to a person or entity with a big wallet - now, there is actually a way to take an IDEA, straight to the folks that might want to buy it! Kickstarter, and Crowd funding is such a wonderful world changing thing! you bet your gonna get some bad lemons in there, it happens the 'old way' too. the old way is still an option, it's just amazing that technology has advanced to the point that it has to allow things like 'crowd funding' to exist! what an Exiting time! I'm so sorry that you can't see that big picture. Enjoy your view of the past, the future way's of doing business are NOT going to wait for you!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: my grandma what big bewbs you have! The better to motorboat you with my dear. 209 27 seconds ago
I just seen the Far Cry 4 trailer on my dashboard and i really want the game but i am so sick of playing as a white hero in exotic locations(it ruins the game authenticity) 20 5 minutes ago
rumor: Wiiu could see...... 14 18 minutes ago
Sony getting hacked again?!? Playstation network having persistent issues for the past week. 7 26 minutes ago
PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne Graphics "Off The Charts," Sony Exec Says 27 37 minutes ago
OT: Microsoft chief Nadella earned $84 million in 2014 8 53 minutes ago
Favorite movie ever, ONE ONLY !!... 125 54 minutes ago
Take a break from a game and then have to download... 3 1 hour ago
Zen Pinball SouthPark - best $5 in a LONG time 6 1 hour ago
oT!=! Hey Jenna 37 1 hour ago
OT: Countdown to extinction: Only 6 northern white rhinos left on Earth 7 1 hour ago
Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition Available for Pre-Order at GS 18 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions