Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 12:58:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 1:00:24 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
Coming to PS3, 360, Wii, Wii U and PC in June

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsxmYQYxJqo

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:18:44 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
Ok game aside...anyone else worried about the future of gaming pimping DLC as cute figures?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:23:41 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I actually don't mind having physical collectibles attached to my DLC versus the alternative of just DLC.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:31:25 PM PST
That looks awesome!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:32:22 PM PST
I would honestly rather get the DLC without the figures, provided it was cheaper.

If it's the same price, give me something tangible, but I'd prefer the cheapest option.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:33:33 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars too? If they start adding those characters, this could become huge. Picture Jack Sparrow hanging with The Hulk and Obi Wan!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:26:20 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Bump for the morning

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:32:07 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Its pretty amazing how Skylanders has taken off. It was literally the no.1 gift requested around my network of family and friends from the kids.

Many of them with Wii's too, so they aren't quite collecting dust right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:33:36 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
With a statement like that, you must be mistaking Skylanders with Wonderbook.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:34:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 8:35:01 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Assuming they don't forget to make the actual game good, this will be a day 1 pickup for me. My kids love Disney and would get a huge kick out of this. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:37:43 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
There is gameplay vids with developer commentary. It looks very promising from what I've seen so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:39:19 AM PST
Lucanus says:
My hopes are high, but most Disney games turn out bad. Much like Star Wars, but hopefully this will be an exception. :)

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:40:15 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
My 3 yr old loves Disney, my 8 yr old not so much...not into the characters anymore that is.

Wonder is this will have that same wide scale appeal that Skylanders does. The characters have more of a Pokemonish thing going for it in the collecting/powers and seems even many adults seem to get into it.

I would think the Disney Universe would be pretty limited and appeal mainly to those under a certain age. If the gameplay is good though, it should be pretty cool. They have lots of stuff top come up with creatively that it wouldn't me much of a clone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:44:44 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
I wouldn't count the 8 yr old out yet. Lots of Pixar in the video, like Cars and Toy Story. Phineas & Ferb are in it so who knows what other TV shows they'll bring in. They already have Jack Sparrow so I'm half expecting Marvel and Star Wars to be like "Volume 2" or something.

I appear you can collect things. They show Woody and Mr. Incredible with Buzz's Wings. Also the surf board he was flying on looked familiar but I can't tell you why. I did notice Stitch on it at one point.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 1:22:46 PM PST
Anthony says:
...don't make me hurt you for giving them ideas.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:32:23 PM PST
Ugh, don't tell my kids about this please. I've already spent the equivalent of a small country's GDP on the Skylanders.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 7:35:48 AM PST
Ice King says:
Disney characters plus a Skylanders style collect them all game?

Many scalpers just came.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 7:50:20 AM PST
I hate to admit it but that actually looks kinda cool.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 11:50:35 AM PDT
Necro bump!

I hadn't heard of Disney Infinity until this morning when Amazon sent an email about it. I don't know about a comparison with Minecraft, but I see a combination of Skylanders and Toy Story 3's toy box, plus elements of a collectible card game. Check out this Amazon page to see what I mean:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_188170_28680830_pe_r1_INFINITY_preorderemailptr/?node=310295011

Talk about a potential cash cow! Starter Packs, Figures, 3-Packs, Play Sets, and Power Discs. The Starter Pack is $75. The Play Sets are expensive (for example, $35 for the Cars set). The figures are $13 each ($30 for the "Sidekicks" three-pack). And then the Power Discs at only $5 each, but which apparently come in sealed packs so you don't know which ones you are getting.

Considering the huge cast of potential characters and Disney worlds to be explored (à la Kingdom Hearts), one could spend mucho dinero and lose mucho shelf space.

Please, God, give me the strength to resist. I have Skylanders and haven't even opened it yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 11:54:11 AM PDT
Yeah, I can see it being a huge money pit. Though I enjoyed Skylanders and I can see this being even more enjoyable.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:09:30 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Day 1 for the kids...plus I like Disney too. This is pretty cool.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:37:18 PM PDT
Lucanus says:
This will be a must in my house. I have always wanted Skylanders, but never got around to it. My kids love Disney and I love videogames. This is a perfect match. Disney would have to royally mess this up not to be a day 1 purchase.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:49:40 PM PDT
One question is whether prices will go up or down. If people start hoarding with the intention of selling figures at inflated prices later, the whole thing could be a real bummer. It would be nice if Disney could at least guarantee figures wouldn't go out of print (or out of stock, whatever) for a few years.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:50:32 PM PDT
How many does Fox already have ordered?

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:53:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 12:53:38 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
I almost want this to be bad so that I don't feel compelled to spend tons of money on it. $13/per figure is pretty steep. And you can't just have one of the Incredibles!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions