Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Star Wars VII: Will Darth Vader 'Rise from the Ashes'?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 81 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 8:10:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 8:14:04 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/star-wars-vii-will-darth-vader-rise-from-the-ashes

Okay, here's your crazy-a$$ Star Wars rumor of the day. As we know, Darth Vader bites it in Return of the Jedi -- like, full-on roasts in a fire, turns into a ghost, end of story, right? Well, according to the British tabloid Express.co.uk, an "industry insider" claims that Disney is looking to resurrect the iconic villain for Star Wars: Episode VII.

"He's an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible," one source says. "The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films."

As /Film notes, it's important to keep in mind that tabloid sites -- especially from the U.K. -- are not exactly renowned for their Hollywood accuracy, so it's best to take this news with a big block of salt. After all, Michael Arndt was only just confirmed to be penning the feature a few days ago. On the other hand, it's also unwise to completely write off the power of marketability, of which Darth Vader has a small moon's worth.

As for how you go about resurrecting a dead Sith Lord, the insider added, "This is science fiction, remember... Darth Vader will rise from the ashes."

Hey, Darth Maul did it, right?

Am I going crazy or did everyone else also see Vader's body burning? And coming back as a part of the force as Anakin Skywalker no less - in other words goody-two shoes once again. How could he return from the ashes as Vader?

My compiled thoughts: http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

^ Pretty much summarizes everything.

Let's hope this is really a rumor, or I fear for the Star Wars series's future.

What do you think of this?

Sound off below.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:13:20 PM PST
It has to be said again...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:16:58 PM PST
Wow. If true, they really ARE going with a separate continuity from the EU.

Good. I don't want to see movies of the books.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:18:02 PM PST
yo we need to start protesting Disney

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:21:09 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
http://tinyurl.com/a9qk3nz

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:26:35 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
My thoughts exactly.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:27:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 8:32:12 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
how could they bring back Darth Vader? he would be human again if they did, the movie wouldn't be the same without him in the black armor suit, helmet, mask and loud breathing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:30:10 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
"Hey, Darth Maul did it, right?"

he did? In one of the novels or comic books or where?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:31:17 PM PST
DVvM says:
Whatever.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:36:54 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
No, the Clone Wars CG animated series on Cartoon Network. Maul came back with new mechanical lower torso/legs to replace the ones Obi Wan cut off. Since George Lucas was behind that series, it can be considered canon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:37:05 PM PST
Anthony says:
just...no. since they aren't going to base the movies off the EU, they should come up with a completely different villain. no Emperor Reborn, no Vader, a completely different Sith. since you know there's going to be a Sith.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:38:10 PM PST
A recent book. Yeah, I was disappointed by that, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:39:07 PM PST
Anthony says:
in the cartoon. honestly, it was mediocre at best. i know there's a couple books about him as well. no clue if its pre or post phantom menace though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:42:32 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
And the animated series, oddly enough. I learned of this through my 8-year-old nephew, ha. I thought surely he was mistaken and it was just another Zabrak, but apparently they did bring him back.

Of course, people whining about this who also think they should base the films off of the EU may be forgetting about the Emperor clone. Ugh, I really hated that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:44:58 PM PST
DVvM says:
I think they should just take things that are good from the EU and put them in the new Star Wars movies. That will save you the time of having to come up with other things that are as good. Plus, a little fan service is appreciated.

But tell new stories, please.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:46:38 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I'd like that as well. Even just some meaningful cameos with an EU character or two would work well enough.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:47:26 PM PST
K Archer says:
I'd much rather not have the newest movie have Vader in it as Vader. Maybe as a ghost, but not as Vader. Just...no.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:47:41 PM PST
"forgetting about the Emperor clone. Ugh, I really hated that. "

Certainly better than the emperor's twin sister...

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:19:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 9:41:30 PM PST
Vader: The After Years

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:35:05 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
Cool. Too bad they didn't bring him back in time for Episode II.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:18:08 AM PST
Yeah, I read about it on Wookieepedia. Soundes absolutely retarded.

Considering the amount of self-referential stories and retcons, I am absolutely amazed that they've never brought Dash Rendar back.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:28:37 AM PST
They should make a Darth Yoda type character. I think that would be cool and funny at the same time.

The Smallest Sith in the Universe

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:33:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
"Maybe.. Stay with me here. When he is burned, Luke picks up his ashes and they find their way into the lifestream where he rematerializes as materia. Ok, hang on, from there he can become anyone who is infused with "mako" energy, thus resurrecting himself in anyone in the galaxy. Thus, even though he is trapped under a glacier, he can still move about freely throughout the galaxy."

"I don't like it, Sir. I don't like it at all."

"I LOVE IT!"

cut, print, wrap

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:37:36 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I wonder if Disney owns Conan O'Brien's character the Insult Comic Dog?

"Hey, Lucas. THis is a great franchise... FOR ME TO POOP ON!"

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:37:36 AM PST
Jack Pacini says:
Are they all on LSD? I truly hope this is just a silly rumor.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  81
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions