Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo and Metal

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2012 5:00:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 5:08:36 PM PDT
JJ4prez says:
One of my favorite guitar players - truly 1 in a million.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6lA8zIFT7o

He's fast, he's a cool guy, he is a precision master, and does Halo perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1-Z7Ac32Tg&feature=relmfu -> here's the Gotye song 'Somebody I used to Know' and in the song he does one of the CoB solo's from Downfall better than Laiho.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:19:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 6:19:21 PM PDT
this guys is awsome...you can tell he loves what he does...ive been watching alot of his renditions for a while now

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:23:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 6:23:55 PM PDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARsAdeh-qJc&feature=related

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 7:04:26 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Halo and Metal is a natural fit. Not surprising considering that Steve Vai helped record the title music for the second game.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:08:08 PM PDT
wow that guy is really good, check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uojcZ1W8qvY

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:13:08 PM PDT
aidenraine says:
yea, erock is an awesome guitarist.

and you would really have to love guitar to buy a $2000+ guitar like he has. >.>

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:23:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 8:24:14 PM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, for real.

Govan, erock, andy james. My 3 favorite youtube sensations lol. Mattrach is ridiculous too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:24:05 PM PDT
2k is pretty standard when you are getting into that caliber of guitars...most I've spent was $850...amps on the other hand...i dont want to start adding it up...lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:24:46 PM PDT
I've talked with govan...thats right...be jealous...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:25:52 PM PDT
JJ4prez says:
I would love to spend ~1500 on a guitar. And a nice true tube amp and stacks.

I have a 60's reissue gibson les paul. However I did NOT buy it, thing was 2000k.

I play my S470 Ibanez lol, beautiful guitar but hate the pick ups.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:27:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 8:29:20 PM PDT
I play both guitar, bass, and I record...ive spent way too much money...

drop some new pickups in that bad boy...thats what I did with my schecter c1elite...put the Seymour Duncan rodded set in and it screams...its a nice mixture ...high gain bridge and mellow jazz at the neck

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:31:47 PM PDT
JJ4prez says:
I was looking at the blackouts for my distortion end and some steve vai's for my bridge/solo set.

Not completely sure tbh

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:33:28 PM PDT
Alot of people love the blackouts...a little too high gain for me...im not a big fan of emgs either but paired with the right amp they do sound great

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:34:31 PM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, I will be switching back and forth between melodic stuff to drop C riffs and what not. So a blackout/clean pair would do great.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:39:33 PM PDT
aidenraine says:
yeah, amps can get ridiculous. I used to have a half-stack Peavey XXX that cost me $1400, and that was with a cheaper speaker cab. I only have a little practice amp right now, but it has tube sound emulation. it's a small amp, but it sounds great.

as for most I've ever spent on a guitar... $700 for me. Ibanez SC420. it has an amazing sound, great for so many different play styles. I did however spend $700 on an Ibanez SDGR Prestige, which is worth ~$2500... thank god for buying used.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:40:03 PM PDT
I picked up a dbz bolero a couple months ago and am still deciding what pick ups I want in it...ive been learning to love coil tap when it comes to humbuckers...i got rid of it on my schecter when I changed the pickups and am now regretting it

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:42:16 PM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, I really want a Ibanez prestige.

@sh00t, yeah. I am still deciding def. First and foremost I need to get a bike.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:44:01 PM PDT
aidenraine says:
love the thing. it has active pickups, so the already amazing bass lows that Ibanez has sound so much more clean and heavy. I love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:47:29 PM PDT
i had the peavey 6505 2x12 combo...biggest combo amp i have ever seen...cost me about the same as your stack...sold it couple years ago because i wasnt playing...now im trying to get back into it...picked up a peavey triple xxx 40efx for 175 on cl...pretty stocked about that deal...i need to change the tubes but should only run me 70-80 if i go with some jjs...saving up for the egnator vengeance right now...great sounding amp...gunna load up an empty 2x12 cab with some eminence governors...should sound pretty beastly

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:49:07 PM PDT
im not a big fan of most ibanez's, mainly because i hate floating tremelo's with a passion...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:58:49 PM PDT
JJ4prez says:
OH they suck, they can be a bothersome. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:59:26 PM PDT
aidenraine says:
agree so much. I tried out an RG550 for a while, but I couldn't stand the floating trem. after that, I got my SC420, which is a totally different axe. it's more along the lines of a Schecter, or PRS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:35:03 PM PDT
I have one guitar with a Floyd on it but im thinking on installing a tremel-no on it...i like the way it plays and feels and love having a locking nut but they seem to be way too much hassle if you dont use it all the time...might through a d-tuna on it as well if I do the tremel-no

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:36:05 PM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Aren't there guitars out there that can act as both? I am pretty sure Govan uses one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:37:44 PM PDT
My buddy has the "epiphone" version of his guitar, still $1500, and it doesn't have a floating tremelo...where do u live?..
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions