Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Diablo III fans are butthurt

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 695 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 21, 2013 8:07:30 AM PST
http://kotaku.com/5985811/diablo-iii-fans-are-not-reacting-well-to-the-games-ps4-announcement?tag=playstation

was the announcement that Blizzard's previously PC-only Diablo III will be coming to both PS4 and PS3.

This has led plenty of disgruntled Diablo III players to make themselves heard on Blizzard's official forums. While many simply voice disappointment about seeing a PC-exclusive ported to console, user SmashCrunch articulates a broader, more astute gripe: That it's entirely possible that Diablo III was built for consoles from the start.

From the Diablo III forums:

Diablo 3 was setup to be a console game.

The reason only 4 players are allowed into a game is for 4 controllers.

The reason the quests make you walk in a linear closed circuit as opposed to big open worlds, is to keep your buds next to you on the same screen.

The reason for no skill points or complicated number crunching? To make console players happy.

The reason you have 4-5 skills on your bar at once? Very easy to use an Xbox/Ps3 controller to use skills.

The reason no runes / complicated item mechanics exists. Simply wouldn't be fun for console gamers.

The reason you can't host a named game? Auto join for console users.

The reason for achievements in game? It's popular among console / COD fans.

The reason for passive skills? Perks like Call of Duty uses. Everyone unlocks perks and uses their favorite ones.

PC gamers are just beta testing for the console release so it wont be full of bugs. That's how ActiBlizz intends to make the real money.

Also explains why the game doesn't have VoIP for Pc gamer chat.

Diablo 3 is the modern Call of Duty of ARPG's.

There are some users in the thread offering counterpoints, but it's hard not to see the truth in some of those observations.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:08:22 AM PST
new Tron says:
I'm not surprised. I've not seen a more butthurt group of fans outside of Mass Effect.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:09:23 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
What crybabies. Seriously.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:09:50 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Seriously...they've been butthurt since before the game launched.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:11:26 AM PST
This made me laugh. Kudos, Sir.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:11:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 8:11:49 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I know, I was reading the facebook page and it was unreal. They were like "BLIZZARD GIVING UP ON PC USERS, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" I am like....damn...

They were all going postal. They think Blizzard will completely forget about PvP/Expansion or something for PC.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:11:37 AM PST
klopas says:
Valid points, most of them. I've given up on D3 so I ain't even mad.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:12:12 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Pretty much same here, on PC. When it comes out for PS3 I am picking up day 1.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:13:21 AM PST
Scratchy says:
This is a good thing. Why not share a good game instead of holding it all to yourself and screaming my medium is better than yours.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:15:38 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
My thoughts exactly.

Oh wait, this reminds me of the PS3 fans back at launch and now the Wii Users and Rayman.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:16:04 AM PST
Bobbum Man says:
This is like me complaining that countries send food to starving families in 3rd world countries...

Sometimes I'm disappointed that I'm a gamer.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:16:28 AM PST
JWK says:
These whiny PC elitists should go on a hunger strike. Not to keep D3 from being ported, but just because they really need to lose some weight. I guess "hunger strike" isn't a good description. "Diet!" That's the word I was looking for.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:17:41 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I am a PC elitists but I am excited for D3 to be on PS3/PS4.

Watch yo muthaf'n mouth! *Samuel L Jackson voice*

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:17:56 AM PST
That is my thought as well. It reminds me of when the Sonymites petitioned to keep Devil May Cry 4 and Final Fantasy XIII off of the 360. Too many gamers want to set up these little fiefdoms and segregate themselves. That is not a good mindset for the overall gaming community.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:19:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 8:25:17 AM PST
Ice King says:
To be fair, I think the bigger probelm Wii U owners (both of them) have with the Rayman situation is that a game that was coming out next week on a console that has very few games and could really use a new one is now delayed until September.
I wouldn't say I'm butthurt over it, but it's definitely annoying. I was really looking forward to using my Wii U again.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:19:37 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
Any move that any game company makes is going to leave some group of Gamers butthurt.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:19:53 AM PST
Kr155 says:
"Diablo III fans are butthurt "
Redundant this statement is redundant.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:21:23 AM PST
JWK says:
You know I got love for you, JJ. I'm specifically talking about the PC guys who hate consoles and can't stand seeing one of their games ported over...as though it affects them somehow.

Which forces them to say--also in Sam Jackson's voice-- "YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE! AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:21:43 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Well, yeah, there's that too.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:21:55 AM PST
Ice King says:
This reminds me of when it was announced that new episodes of Dr. Who would air in The US on the same day they aired in The UK.
People in The UK were getting extremely butthurt even though nothing was being taken from them at all. There were petitions to have it delayed at least a week and all kinds of silly stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:22:56 AM PST
JWK says:
Ha! That's the first thing that came to my mind! They did the same thing when Joe Danger got a special edition on 360. It's ridiculous; it doesn't affect you if the game you enjoy is also available on another platform.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:25:48 AM PST
Kr155 says:
1st world problems

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:26:18 AM PST
klopas says:
I have no issues with D3 being released on the consoles, but Blizzard did dumb-down some of the game mechanics that made the Diablo-series memorable to begin with - kind of like the Dragon Age/Dragon Age 2 shift. If it is true that Blizzard did this in anticipation of releasing the game for consoles, I can understand the butt sore outrage.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:29:33 AM PST
Ice King says:
No one's denying that.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:30:16 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Wow, Blizzard fans really need to calm themselves down. Diablo 3 being released on consoles is great news and they should be happy that more people can play the game.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  61
Total posts:  695
Initial post:  Feb 21, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions