Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Ragnarok Online 2 enters Open Beta

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 10:13:54 AM PST
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12/27/ragnarok-online-2-open-beta-begins/

Ragnarok Online 2 crosses the open beta threshold for its English version today, as any and all players are welcome to give this MMO sequel a spin. The game is a reworking of the first title, and brings back the job system, professions, the card system, and pets. There's also a way to set up your character to act as a player vendor while you're offline.

The open beta may be undergoing hiccups right now, as the official website is down and Wikipedia is reporting "connection problems." We'll be keeping an eye on its progress for those of you interested in this title!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:21:46 AM PST
Oh no...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:23:15 AM PST
Chocolette says:
You mean, Oh yes!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:25:06 AM PST
True but... I don't think I'm ready for that level of addiction again to an MMO... Plus the site is down and I can't it to load. =(

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:25:38 AM PST
I figured I should let you two know after Ragnarok Odyssey was a disappointment to fans of the MMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:29:45 AM PST
I appreciate it lol, stupid site is down and it looks like getting into the Beta is going to be rather hard.

Had no idea they were moving forward with Ragnarok Online 2. Now I just hope it isn't Gravity running it this time because they were a huge part of the reason the first game tanked out and never really grew in terms of community.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:34:02 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I know how you feel. In glad, but not at the same time.

I don't think my computer is good enough to play games anymore, too. Eh.

Odyssey is OK if you keep remembering it's no RO. The screenshots for RO2 looked great though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:40:36 AM PST
Seems like Ragnarok Online 2 has been in the making forever and a year now. Curious to see how it has shaped up since the last time I remember seeing it was when I was in High School.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:47:16 AM PST
Chocolette says:
The old RO2 died a miserable death. This new one looks a lot more like old RO with better graphics.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:42:31 AM PST
Oh really now? So this is something else entirely then? I'll have to look into this more and see just how thins are coming together. Still bummed the main site is down, wish I could at least browse around and see what all they have going on.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:54:38 PM PST
vishock says:
omg... i played the crap out of RO... thanks for the post!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:58:54 PM PST
Chocolette says:
If the RO2 you're thinking about is the RO2 I'm thinking about, then yes. Old RO2 was a massive failure. They scrapped it and this RO2 looks a looooot better.

Then again, I'm only saying this based on my browsing through the Korean site.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 9:24:42 PM PST
Yea this one is way different from the old one which tanked hard, I could already recognize a few key places and such from the screenshots. The website is still down though which is rather annoying. Been trying to figure out if Gravity is running this thing or not.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:52:15 PM PST
The website is finally back up.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions