Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So we don't know what the GOTY 2012 is yet, but I already know what GOTY 2013 is...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 145 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2012 6:55:29 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
It is Ni No Kuni.

Seriously. There are many games where the demo doesn't give a good idea of the full game. But this demo...if the full game was nothing but the kind of thing we see in the Ni No Kuni demo, then I would revel in happiness and gaming bliss, because that demo was simply majestic.

I can't find anything to complain about...and I doubt many gamers could either (unless they hate JRPG's). This game has breathtaking art, charming characters and one of the greatest soundtracks I've had the pleasure of listening to. To think that there's an entire RPG's worth of content like it is just blissful. What the demo showed was just so full of heart and beauty...one short month seems like too long a wait.

The battle system is very cool...where you can either fight with Oliver or summon a familiar to do the fighting for you (which I found superior with what the demo has Oliver equipped with). You can also issue tactics to party members. The voice acting, or what there is of it here, was really good...far less awkward than what early trailers suggested.

I really can't wait to play the full game. RPG fans: if you don't have a PS3, this game will be worth buying a system for.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 6:57:50 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
geeez.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 6:58:28 PM PST
The Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite will be better.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 6:58:29 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Its alright.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 6:59:08 PM PST
C.W. says:
I'm so excited to play this demo, but I'm also cautiously optimistic. I have never been able to get into a JRPG before, although I haven't tried many of them. I'm much more in tune with WRPGs. However, I LOVE Studio Ghibli and their artistic creativity and I'm always willing to try something new, so....

Fingers crossed!

I'm glad you're digging it Garion.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 6:59:13 PM PST
mega Tron says:
Awesome, can't wait to try the demo! I downloaded it, but was pretty caught up in Far Cry 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 6:59:13 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Those will be pretty good too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:00:16 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Well, this is fairly JRPG-ish, so definitely play the demo first. But the Studio Ghibli-ness of it adds SO much to the charm, so there's that.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:00:29 PM PST
Krypto says:
2013 GoTY will be Luigi's Mansion 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:01:39 PM PST
By the way, the demo is fantastic, and I'm sure it'll be the best game of 2013 for many JRPG fans, as the year doesn't look all that exciting yet for the genre, but it just probably won't be my pick. However, I could be entirely wrong and the full thing could be the best thing ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:01:54 PM PST
C.W. says:
Yeah. I know i'll probably cream my pants over the art direction and design. I'll have to wait and see about combat and gameplay mechanics. That's what usually gets me with JRPGs.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:02:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 7:03:44 PM PST
mega Tron says:
Garion, you think this one will top Xenoblade?

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:02:56 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 10:02:45 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:04:39 PM PST
I agree that Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will be good. Probably handheld GOTY as long as nothing massive is announced for either handheld.

I really want Aliens: Colonial Marines to be amazing. We shall see.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:04:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 7:05:57 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
You know, I thought about Xenoblade as I was playing Ni No Kuni. I don't know why.

Will it top it? I don't know. I think so.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:05:32 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Man, I never played Luigi's Mansion (and now I never will since my BC Wii is in storage). Was it that good!?

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:05:42 PM PST
WizardPlus says:
Far Cry 3, best game this decade!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:10:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 7:10:53 PM PST
Krypto says:
It was a little on the short side, but yeah great game. Dark Moon will have multiple mansions to explore so I'm sure it'll be much longer than the first.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:11:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 7:11:39 PM PST
It was a simple game, which meant the main mechanic of sucking up ghosts could become repetitive, but I loved the exploration and charm that it had. It was its simplicity that made it easily enjoyable and digestible, while its haunted house vibe just had a coolness to it that many other games, besides perhaps Grabbed by the Ghoulies (which was awesome, by the way, shush haters), didn't have.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:11:09 PM PST
Joshua C says:
A JRPG will never get GOTY. It will go to Call Of Halo: Modern Battlefield

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:14:23 PM PST
GOTY 2013: Fallout 4. Calling it right now.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:14:57 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
How long was the demo Garion?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:16:33 PM PST
Or: Elder Fantasy: The Dishonored of Amular.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:18:51 PM PST
Sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to check it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:25:04 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
It's one of those demos where there are two separate areas you can choose to play. You explore a bit, fight enemies, and fight some bosses. It's not that long, but it's not short either.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  145
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions