Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Why didn't anybody tell me Faster Than Light was so freakin' brutal?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 118 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:10:02 PM PST
Oh, it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:10:26 PM PST
:-)

I'm usually not a fan, but I love it in FTL.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:12:32 PM PST
You should totally be on Hawken right now. Totally.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 6:13:00 PM PST
I had a pretty sweet offensive setup in my last playthrough. I had the Artemis missiles and the burst laser but also got a hull beam and a heavy laser along with an augment that sped up recharge times by 15%. I was dealing out a lot of damage at once because they'd hit after the enemy's shields were knocked out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:13:23 PM PST
Getting there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:15:17 PM PST
Guest and I are on right now. I'm waiting for his match to finish up so we can get in together. I'm loving all the noob players because I'm just crushing every match.

@ Jason

Another tip is to fire in volleys instead of constantly letting your weapons fire. I'll often let all my weapons charge, pause and assign what I want to fire first, let them fly, then pause again and assign whatever else. This way you can make sure your weaker weapons knock down their shields and the really powerful ones hit their systems.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 7:30:40 PM PST
new Tron says:
Thanks dude!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 7:33:31 PM PST
No problem dood! Love this game and always happy to help anyone out.

In fact if anyone has any questions hit me up on Steam and I'll be happy to help!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 7:36:32 PM PST
Sounds like a fun challenge.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 7:42:43 PM PST
It's on sale now for $4.99

http://www.ftlgame.com/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 7:47:50 PM PST
Awesome deal for such a great game. If you've got a PC you need to pick this up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:11:17 PM PST
Yes, I played it for 3 hours without realizing it. The maps are randomly generated so you might be doing really good and next time you play you die on the first level.

Low powered too. A ten year old desktop PC could run this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:19:28 PM PST
I'm glad you're having a blast with this dood. I did a lot to promote it before it released because I wanted to see it succeed so much. Plus talking with Justin Ma and seeing how awesome he was sold me on the idea even more. It's rare to find someone so humble in the video game industry in my opinion. Even though he was doing me a favor he'd still apologize for being slow to respond or not being able to answer questions fully. The man was a joy to work with and his game is just plain amazing.

FTL is probably in my top ten of all time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:45:11 PM PST
Is there going to be an Android version? The interface is just begging for a touchscreen.

I think I'll send Justin an email tomorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:50:07 PM PST
Not that I'm aware of, they were focused on the PC version only from what I gathered and I haven't seen anything on a mobile version. I know Star Command is going mobile first and then PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:53:16 PM PST
I would love an Android version.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:59:08 PM PST
Me too and it shouldn't be difficult to port those assets over
I'll ask him tomorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:59:52 PM PST
Think he'll respond to you directly?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:04:19 PM PST
Greg Kasavin and Terry Cavanagh did.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:06:21 PM PST
Fair enough. Greg and the other Supergiant guys are wicked cool. If you ever go to a PAX, tou have to stop by their booth.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:18:13 PM PST
Justin Ma will, he may be a little slow depending on what he is up to but he loves to respond to fans. When I first contacted him about an interview it was just me telling him I was someone who saw the PC gamer article and his Kickstarter and thought the game looked awesome.

Honestly Justin is one of the coolest people I've dealt with in the video game industry. You can tell with him the fans matter most.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:59:20 AM PST
Crap, I just bought this on GoG.com....

:)

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 9:32:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 10:54:40 PM PST
Ok, first game. Started her up, put Keji on the shields, Nate on weapons, and Myself in the Captain's chair.

Then I accidentally opened all the doors in the ship, drained the oxygen, and nearly killed the entire crew.

Onward Ho!

EDIT: First jump, Keji got picked up by intergalactic slavers in exchange for not blowing my poor little stock ship to six different moons. Sorry Keji.

EDIT2: I took some damage from an enemy ship and didn't realize there wasn't any oxygen in the room Nate was repairing... A few seconds later the Captain was alone in his quarters, fleeing across the galaxy with his new nickname, "The Lone Ranger".

EDIT3: I shouldn't have tried to save that distressed ship. They sounded so convincing that I had to try to protect them... Mistake. A group of pirates just blew my ship to high heaven.... :( Time to start over with 3 new VGF crewmembers. I had just made it to sector 3 as well.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 2:40:21 PM PST
That end boss!

So many weapons rooms...fires when cloaks and strips your shields in seconds...even if they are maxed!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:16:36 PM PST
Yeah, he sucks.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  118
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions