Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls again, lol...SPOILERS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 822 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 1:05:23 PM PST
I hated the moveset of the Zwei... :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 1:06:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 1:07:10 PM PST
You will want to show Lautrec that this is Sparta as he has a ring that drops only if you kill him before a certain plot event happens. You might want to do it before you go after the 2nd bell. If you want, there are 2 easy ways to take him out.

Spoiler
1:Kick him off of the ledge that he is leaning against and reload your game or 2: ride the elevator up towards the chapel but roll off before you get there. This is the path that leads you back to where the big bird is. If you have a bow, you can snipe him to your hearts content as long as you have enough arrows. I personally recommend method 1 as it is much quicker and easier.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 1:08:25 PM PST
Sars says:
My favorite weapon is the man serpant sword. I think it just looks bad a**.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 4:06:10 PM PST
Cool. I appreciate the answer Capt!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 4:09:44 PM PST
Yeah, my first character was a pyromancer, but at the time, I just couldnt get myself going. This time, I've got a healer who is pretty good as an all around character (for me at least). I think now that I've got the hang of it a little better, I'll see how far I can go, but I might start up a pyro again after a while.
I appreciate the covenant advice as well. I'll see who all I meet and what seems most appealing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 4:10:16 PM PST
Good advice. I appreciate it. Katana's def seem like the way to go.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 4:14:38 PM PST
Kicking def seems the way to go. I'm about to load the game up and see what that's all about. I'm guessing the ring drops? Is the reload so that you get the ring but he is revived?
The sad thing is I have the guide, but I've been resisting looking at it, and yet I'm asking questions that are probably answered in the guide. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 4:25:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 4:25:49 PM PST
If an NPC dies, they never revive.

The ring will be where he sits though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 4:34:38 PM PST
Gotcha. What's the value in restarting the game then?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 5:50:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 5:50:33 PM PST
As in New Game +? It takes several playthroughs to collect enough items to get the platinum. Each time you go through NG+ the game gets harder, but you collect more souls as well.

All NPCs respawn in NG+. You can also take different paths to unlock alternate storylines.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 6:55:09 PM PST
Nice.
I was really wondering why restarting after getting the dudes ring was important. I wasnt quite sure what Daft meant.

So anyways, while I'm here, update, lol (as this is now my running log at the moment):

Got to the demon with the two dogs. Tried diving and then running up the stairs and onto the little ledge, but I got stuck on the wall at the top of the stairs, lol and the demon tore me up with that big sword s/he/it was carrying. Gonna turn it off for the night and give it a go again Wed (not sure I'll get any playing time in tomorrow). Crazy small room for such a big opponent, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:30:54 AM PST
Yeah, honestly my favorite is the Washing Pole, but its just too brittle for anything but PVP. But that thing is amazing in PVP.

I actually loved the scimitars a little more. Quelaag's fury sword was just so awesome. I also am becoming a really big fan of halberds. Their move sets are just awesome. They can take some getting used to, but man once you do they can really kick butt.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:37:16 AM PST
Really it doesnt matter what you picked at first. I always roll pyro and then go from there to get my build. Being SL1 and starting with the pyro glove and a free fireball spell REALLY helps make the early game alot easier. Also, pyromancy should be used on EVERY character you own. It scales pretty much soley with the glove, so there is no reason not to have it.

Usually my advice is to take the Pyro as it makes the Asylum demon fight at the beginning ridiculously easy, and helps out with the Taurus (just stand at the top of the tower, smack him with a fireball then plunging attack and he'll be so close to death its not even funny). Once you defeat Capra, open the depths shortcut and go down far enough to get the Ember behind the butcher and free the pyromancer trainer.

And yeah, if you're going with a more Faith based build, I highly recommend you at least attempt the Catacombs when you get the chance. Be sure you have a divine weapon though, but there are a couple really nice spells that you can pick up there if you're going faith. Also dont be afraid to read the wiki a little bit. I know the big thing is "finding out for yourself" but with Dark Souls there's sooooo much stuff that you will just flat out miss if you dont look up some of the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:38:35 AM PST
Capra demon is very tough.

Oh, Daft meant kick him off the ledge and then exit to the title screen, then reload your save. The ring he drops will be where he was sitting. It's a much easier way to get the ring than fighting him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:42:20 AM PST
Capra is one of the first huge pain in the butt fights. Remember if you do the stairs to ledge trick, he usually still will hit you on the swing that makes him fall down, so make sure you block.

Also, if you time it right, at the beginning of the fight if you stand still and dont run, roll to the right when he attacks, you SHOULD only aggro one dog, you have to be fast but if you can kill that dog after you dodge his first attack, it can make the fight a LOT easier. Capra really telegraphs most of his moves, the whole pain in that fight is just dealing with him and the dogs. Either way you do it, you're likely to die a few times on him as the mechanics to that one take a good amount of luck almost no matter how you do it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 8:05:45 AM PST
Awesome. I'd like to add fireball to my repertoire. I'll def grab the Ember when I can. I am starting to realize that with this game, using the guide isnt such a bad idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 8:06:06 AM PST
Ahh....makes sense. Gonna try that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 8:06:48 AM PST
Cool, I'll try that out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 8:07:08 AM PST
Lol, using the guide is a great idea. Just remember the weapon damages and such have been patched and aren't accurate.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 8:13:51 AM PST
Chris... says:
To free the pyromancy trainer you must roll into the barrel he's trapped in. If you strike the barrel with your sword in attempt to free him he will turn hostile and you'll have to kill him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 8:40:48 PM PST
More excellent advice. I will do that for sure. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 8:42:11 PM PST
Yep. I'll remember that for sure. My weapons are weak right now anyway, lol. I've got the Gargoyle tail axe, but lack the skill to use it properly, so I'm rolling with a +4 mace right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 4:44:37 AM PST
There are a lot of great tips in the Dark Souls Community Help Discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 4:56:12 AM PST
Sweet! I'll check that out as well. I'll be giving the capra demon another go this afternoon as well.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 4:57:33 AM PST
If you are close to firelink shrine, then go down into anor londo ruins. The ghosts can't be killed unless you are cursed or have a special weapon equipped, but if you dodge around them, there is a firekeeper soul early into the level. My directions might be a little off, but once you go over the bridge, hang to your right as you move out of the first room. As you enter the second, turn around and you will see a hole that you can run through. You will be walking on a narrow path through water and if you go far on either side you'll fall and die. But, if you move straight ahead, you will see your prize. Run up, grab it, and prepare to die via ghost.

This is a suicide mission, but it gives you a very handy buff to your estus. In case you don't know it, NEVER consume firekeeper souls. You give them to the lady at firelink shrine who doesn't talk and she improves your estus(gives you more health when you drink from it).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  822
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions