Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Games you heard aren't good but want anyways?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 155 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:41:52 AM PST
That got bad reviews? Seriously? I loved that game. That was one of the very first 360 games I bought after reading the synopsis about taking place in Chopin's death bed dream. It's really enjoyable and it is GORGEOUS too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:47:21 AM PST
G-Money says:
A few, but there were a number of folks bashing it on the VGF. I also brought Blue Dragon and added it to my backlog. I love RPG's and for 9.99 it was worth a shot.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:50:54 AM PST
I agree, it was a fantastic game, my only issue was the combat system changing without you really wanting it too. I would have preferred to select my combat style. But it's a minor complaint.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:52:13 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
DOOM 3 BFG. Need to play it despite the negative reviews.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 9:00:53 AM PST
J1M_288 says:
Ha,ha... I usually buy bargain bin games that receive average/low reviews and I ALWAYS end up loving them! Enslaved, Dark Void, Far Cry 2, LAIR, Bulletstorm... and I'm looking forward to Dead Rising 2:OtR, Splinter Cell 3DS and The Saboteur.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:01:21 AM PST
Blue Dragon's one I couldn't get into myself. I've tried a few times but it just doesn't hold my attention. I don't think it's bad, but I just don't have the patience for it anymore. Speaking on the topic of poorly received JRPGs, I just picked up Infinite Undiscovery (what a terrible title, by the way) for pretty cheap. I've heard some iffy things about that one but I'm gonna give it a shot, see if it clicks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:02:17 AM PST
The Saboteur is decent. It's not the best but the setting makes the game at least worth a play.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:03:50 AM PST
waxc3 says:
LOVED that game!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:07:59 AM PST
G-Money says:
Let me know how Infinite Undiscovery is, that is another one on my radar with poor reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:15:20 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Zombie U, got some very negative reviews, but I heard survival horror and still wanted to play it.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 9:16:29 AM PST
I wish to add this. If anyone out there has not played the PC Version of Last Remnant (I specify PC because the Xbox360 version is horribly laggy, and not refined) I would recommend it highly. Warning, It does require steam.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:23:14 AM PST
I'm an RE fan, so Operation Raccoon City for me so I can keep the RE collection going.
I'm hoping to get RE 6 for Christmas with the price cut. I liked RE 5 so I'm sure I'll like RE 6.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 9:25:42 AM PST
So many games I love posted in this thread, lol.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 9:33:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 9:37:10 AM PST
G-Money says:
I have the Last Remnant on x-box - is it worth playing?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:36:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 9:38:17 AM PST
Not on the Xbox no, I'm not saying this because i don't like xbox or anything, It really was horribly done on the xbox. It lags like crazy for one thing, and they changed a few things on the PC Version to make it so much better. I couldn't figure out why the game got a 5/10 ont he xbox but a 8/10 on the PC. I now know why after playing it on both.

EDIT: One of the gameplay elements they changed is who you can have in battle. on the Xbox you can have 1 "leader" and the rest generic soldiers, on the PC you can have all leaders and it makes a HUGE difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:40:42 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I want to buy Eternal Sonatas too. It sounds interesting and the music must be good....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:44:20 AM PST
The music is awesome. There was one scene, and I won't spoil anything about who or when, so this IS a minor spoiler, but someone is injured and they wander around a house for ten MINUTES talking about nothing and remembering things. And the best part, was at the end before dieing, it showed the person remembering getting injured in the first place (Which happened 10 minutes ago) It's a death scene that referenced itself.

My friends and I continue to laugh at that to this day.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:45:55 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Aren't the bad reviews simply fanboy whining about something being changed?

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 9:45:56 AM PST
SMH says:
I fully expected a Lair reference here...did I overlook it? Or is it really just that bad?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:46:00 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I should have gotten it when it was like $14 here. I wasn't thinking properly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:46:31 AM PST
G-Money says:
Thanks for the advice. I am not a PC gamer, but it sounds worth it to look into it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:48:07 AM PST
I play it on the PC using an Xbox360 controller.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:48:45 AM PST
Huh! I don't remember that part! Any way you can give me a hint at the character without spoiling it for others?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:50:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 9:50:16 AM PST
I'm sure I could.. if I actually remembered who it was that was killed :p I just remember it happening. Somewhere in the middle of the game I believe.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:53:28 AM PST
Oh well, looks like I'll have to troll Google for the info. I've already beaten it twice and I've got waaaaay too large of a backlog to make it worth playing through again, heh.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  155
Initial post:  Dec 6, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions