Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So I have been playing Wii U for a few hours now...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 69 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2012 7:33:29 AM PST
And I am having a lot of fun! Not sure how that is possible since some people on the Internet who haven't played games on a Wii U don't like it but there you go...

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:34:59 AM PST
B. Hoover says:
DOOMED

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 7:37:59 AM PST
I'm getting mine at a much later time, in 2013 to be exact.
This X-Mas I'm getting the Atari Flashback 4 or the Top loading NES. Then I'm going to save up for the 8GB basic, and an SD card, and either New Super Mario Bros. U, Batman, or Pikmin 3.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:38:09 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
the wiiu has been in plenty of stores for people to demo.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:38:24 AM PST
Are you playing the Super Mario Bros.U game? If so is the gameplay entertaining and how well does the tablet controller work with the Wii U?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 7:46:10 AM PST
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition

Nano Assault Neo

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:04:10 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:30:28 AM PST
Aku says:
It is almost time for me to make my trek to Walmart, join my beloved, and do a LOT of TV/whatever moving for her family before enjoying the Wii U. Apparently family members of Walmart workers also take advantage of their 10% discount, something I should have seen coming but oh well.

So for now until like seven tonight, I am going to be mildly jealous of you Wii U owners.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:33:53 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
You know Aku, I went to get my Wii U this morning from Target and my employee discount wouldn't work. I had to get the manager to discount it manually.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:37:51 AM PST
Aku says:
Shouldn't be an issue, the layaway/preorder she did showed the discount on it.

Anywho I got a question: how much are the Wii U eshop games, specifically MSF and whatever else is recommended? Might as well snag some cheap ca- oh wait, are there cash cards for that shop yet?

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:40:22 AM PST
Zak Iarih says:
People said the same thing about the Wii when it came out... now look

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:51:04 AM PST
Lucky. I wanted to get mine this morning, but my ride couldn't do it this morning. I should be able to get mine tomorrow morning, but since that's a work day, I won't be able to play it until tomorrow night.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:51:38 AM PST
get the deluxe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:52:12 AM PST
Not in the stores I have been at.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:54:01 AM PST
Sorry, too expensive. Parents would only likely get the Basic, even then I have to save up for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:55:57 AM PST
They are full MSRP. I don't have my Wii U, but that's how Nintendo handles the 3DS, so the Wii U will be the same. It's stupid. My would I want to pay full price for a digital copy, when I can order a real copy cheaper with a coupon code or sale price? I'm going to have to wait an extra week, but my copy of the new Mario will have cost $48 instead of $60.

Although, when you buy online with the black wii, you do earn effectively 10% cash back. So that is something, but doesn't beat a good video game sale.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:56:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 8:57:33 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Been playing mine for about 2 hours and really, really like the controller. It's surprisingly comfortable.

Picked up NSMBU, ZombiU (I'll be returning the one shipped to me to the store with this receipt), and Tank Tank Tank, in addition to getting Nintendo Land with the system. Pretty fun so far.

By the way, do not overpay. My Wal-Mart had extra units.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:56:32 AM PST
Yes, I'm pretty sure 3DS cash cards will work for the Wii U. But why bother? You don't have a credit card?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:59:48 AM PST
But you will end up spending way more money in the long run. If you ever want a copy of Nintendoland, you will have to buy that. If you want the cradles and stands, you will have to buy that. Don't forget that the deluxe comes with the digital promotion. That will also add up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:01:31 AM PST
Maybe I might get the deluxe, I at least need to save up about $300.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:04:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 9:05:46 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
As someone who doubted ZombiU, I must admit I'm pretty impressed. It has some problems. For example, the zombies often clip through walls. But I really think the game is good on atmosphere. I had a few zombies chasing me when I was out of ammo and other things, I slammed the door shut and the zombies just stood on the other side of the door and pounded on it, knowing I had to make it through to the other side, which was pretty cool. I wouldn't say it's an incredible game, but I think it's definitely a good game for those who like to be immersed in games. Just don't expect a strong story. They should have audio logs like Dead Space, Bioshock, etc. to flesh out the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:05:54 AM PST
$9.99 each for the two I bought.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:20:20 AM PST
Just wait a while. When you get the money, maybe buy a used one on Craigslist. You're a kid, money is tight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:23:46 AM PST
Or see if my local used Video Game/DVD/Cd store has one. That's how I got my N64,NES,SNES,Dreamcast,Xbox 1(sucks), Gamecube, and PS1.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:27:54 AM PST
You can try that, but you might find a better deal on Craigslist, depending on where you live. On craigslist, they will sell off bundles with a ton of games and accessories. Buy the whole thing. If you don't want some of the games and accessories, you can resell those. You will need to find a smaller bundle.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x97c13348)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  69
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions