Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

iOS sales:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 46 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2012 5:36:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 12:35:22 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Avenger's Initiative: Free (Episodic game, Episode 1 is free)
Chaos Rings: $3.99 down from $12.99 (Square JRPG built from the ground up for iOS)
Chaos Rings Omega: $4.99 down from $14.99
Final Fantasy Tactics: Half price-$7.99-iPad version just went on sale for $8.99
GTA Chinatown Wars/GTA III/Max Payne Mobile: $0.99/ea
Bastion: $0.99
Stan Lee's Verticus: Free
All or close to all EA games are $0.99 cents each including Dead Space and Mass Effect
TriggerFist: Free (this is like an iOS Counter Strike)
Dark Gate from Kemco: $0.99 (job system, turn based RPG)
Rayman Jungle Run: $0.99 down from $2.99
Sonic CD: $0.99 down from $4.99
Sonic the Hedgehog Episode 1 just went to $.99 cents
And Sonic Episode II is now $.99
Waking Mars: $1.99 down from $4.99
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is $.99 -this game is supposed to have a simplified combo system to take advantage of touch controls.
Crazy Taxi: $1.99
Jet Set Radio: $1.99
Batman: Arkham City Lockdown: $.99 (this is basically an Infinity Blade clone with Batman)
Rage of the Gladiator (yes the Wii Ware game, but ported to iOS): $0.99

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:42:14 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
What type of game is Avengers Initiative?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:46:09 AM PST
JWK says:
Hmm. I decided not to get GTA Chinatown Wars when Rockstar did their sale a couple months ago. I may get that now.

Fox, how's Chaos Rings?

Concerning the EA sale: I got both Dead Space (BF sale for $1) and NFS Most Wanted (2 days ago for $1) and both are great games. Recommended for iPad owners especially.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:47:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 5:48:21 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I own Chaos Rings, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I've been completely into The Walking Dead. I just beat Episode 1 last night.

I'll have to check out Most Wanted, I've been looking for a good arcade racer since I beat Real Racing 2 a few months back.

@Donnie: I'm not 100% sure, but IGN says that it's the best brawler on the iOS this year. It looks like it could be an Infinity Blade rip.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:48:34 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
There is a Max Payne mobile? I can't imagine playing with virtual controls in the dark crying rooms where you had to walk on that tiny sliver of ground. Those were hard enough with a controller. Almost broke mine 3-4 times because of those levels.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:50:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 5:54:17 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Luckily, the game lets you skip those sections if you die too many times(like on your second death it asks if you want to skip). That's where I stopped, because I didn't want to skip it, so I'm waiting for a controller update where they fine tune the controls.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:52:37 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'm really interested in picking up the Stan Lee game. It's a new twist on auto-run games as you're free falling in this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:53:11 AM PST
JWK says:
There's a gaming website called "Arcade Sushi" that focuses heavily on iOS platforms. They just released a "100 greatest iOS games" list and I believe Real Racing 2 was ranked above Most Wanted. But they were both on there. Also, I realize it's just a stupid list and is completely subjective, but I've actually made a couple purchases based on their recommendation and I've been mostly happy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:53:47 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Nice, I'll have to check that out. I'm always looking for games that I may have missed.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:54:50 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
The wife and I tried the first Walking Dead episode on the iPad last night. Both of us pretty well hated the controls, so I'll probably get it on Steam.

Man, $7.99 is the -sale- price of Final Fantasy Tactics. I've wanted to play for a while, but that ain't cheap for iOS. Wonder how well Square Enix does with the with these prices...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:56:34 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The looking around on the iPad is annoying, but I found the game playable. There really aren't "controls" in that game anyway. You're just tapping on dots or sliding your finger to move around, but there isn't a virtual joystick. Moving the camera is pretty unresponsive though.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:56:41 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I'm definitely picking up Chaos Rings, those games look incredible.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:59:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:01:09 AM PST
Avengers Initiative is much like Infinity Blade where you swipe or tap to attack, combo, evade, and block in one on one battles with enemies. The first episode features the Hulk and seems kind of fun but I haven't played to far into it as I'm overloaded with iOS games at the moment.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:01:39 AM PST
Chris... says:
Is the iOS version of Bastion any good? I'll definitely pick up a few of these. Thanks for posting this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:02:56 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I like it. You can either use tap controls or virtual controls. I find the virtual controls to be pretty good for the game. The challenges are a lot easier in this game compared to the consoles/pc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:09:27 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, I was referring to the "controls" used to looked around and navigate the environment, primarily the former. Certainly wasn't unplayable, but we have the options, so I'll buy for another system.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:12:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:16:20 AM PST
Keller says:
I grabbed FFT and also downloaded FFIV (finally got released on iOS). I might have to take back my comments that iOS isn't competing with 3DS/Vita. Now that my iPad has FFT, FFIII, FFIV, FF Rythm and World Ends With US.... my desire for a 3DS/Vita has dropped. If Square ever decides to release iPad verisions of Chrono Trigger, Secret of Evermore, FFVI, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, FFVII and FFIX my desire will all but be gone. Thanks for the heads up on the sales, great information. Great timing as well, I have travel plans this Friday. Happy holidays. :)

Edit:
Bastion is only $0.99? I heard it was a pretty awesome game, no?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:14:19 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:07 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:22:31 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Bastion is a fantastic game.

Good luck with FFIV, the iOS version is a port of the DS version which is known for being insanely hard.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:38:34 AM PST
Keller says:
Well I will add Bastion to the list of my iOS games. So far I have Bastion, FFIII, FFIV, FFT and FF Rythm. Not too shabby. It should make traveling a bit easier. Thanks for the advice, I will make sure to level grind a bit. FFIV is one of my favorite games, FFVI needs a similar remake. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:47:53 AM PST
JWK says:
Whoa, Final Fantasy Tactics is on sale?? I'm getting it. It's normally $17 and I've been waiting for a sale.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:49:23 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Puerto Rico HD on sale. The board game is great...I just picked up the iOS version. Also San Juan, the card game based on the board game, is on sale.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:51:34 AM PST
JWK says:
Is there a way to change the location of the camera controls in Walking Dead? It's shoved way up in the corner so that when you want to look right, it's almost impossible. The framerate also stutters when there's a lot of action. I'm wondering if the console versions have the same problems. If they don't, I'll get it on 360 during the sale.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:51:47 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2013 3:01:18 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:52:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:55:15 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Oh cool, my stalker is back. No doubt he got incredibly buttsore over that other thread earlier this morning.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  46
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions