Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

'Halo 4' matchmaking update hits next week, includes SWAT game mode

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 5:35:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 5:38:06 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-4-matchmaking-update-hits-next-week-includes-swat-game-mode

Although "Halo 4" just released on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 343 Industries is already preparing for a matchmaking update for the title. As described yesterday, on Nov. 8, a post on Halo Waypoint states that they will be providing weekly updates for "Halo 4." Through this new system, they will have the ability to constantly provide fresh and unique content to players.

As for next week's playlist update, players can expect the SWAT game type to go live in "Halo 4," which is shown above. In describing what this game type will entail, you can take a look below to see what 343 Industries has stated:

View slideshow: Halo 4 Artwork and Gameplay Screenshot Showcase

"
We've carefully balanced the damage resistance to allow both the Battle Rifle and the DMR to compete against each other in SWAT. Another change is that we've removed the shield HUD; so combined with disabled radar and no ordnance, you get even more visibility during a match.

Below are the exact number of shots it takes for each weapon to kill.
*DMR - 3 bullets to the chest, 1 bullet to the head
*Magnum - 3 bullets to the chest, 1 bullet to the head
*BR - 7 bullets to the chest (this gun shoots three bullets in a burst, so the first bullet of the third burst will kill the player), 1 bullet to the head

These are the maps that will appear in the SWAT playlist.
*Haven
*Adrift
*Complex
*Abandon
*Solace

Here are some strategies for those unfamiliar with the SWAT game type.
*Aim for the head!
*Use a DMR for long range encounters and a BR to sweep hallways.
*A Magnum is more effective than melee at very close range because of its incredibly fast fire speed.
*Use callouts with your teammates; communication allows you to work more efficiently as a team.
*Pick up a DMR or BR off of an enemy. Having both weapons is a big advantage.
*Learn the maps to keep your reticle at headshot level.

---------

343 Industries confirmed Friday the first Halo 4 playlist update for next week that is bringing SWAT along with it. Free For All has now been confirmed as well for a future playlist update.

"[Free for All] will be featured in the weeks following launch," community manager Jessica Shea said to a fan in response to a question about the multiplayer mode.

It was revealed that Halo 4 will receive weekly playlist updates versus the monthly playlist updates that Halo: Reach received.

"We will maintain a static set of playlists and feature one or two "rotational" playlists on top of that," Shea wrote on Halo Waypoint. "We will be monitoring trends and statistics closely so we can react accordingly to your preferences and likes. For instance, if one of our rotational playlists consistently holds a higher population than one of our static playlists, we will consider swapping them out based on player demand. The process will be fluid and based on numbers, and we're extremely excited about the benefits of our new approach."

http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-4-free-for-all-multiplayer-mode-coming-soon-with-playlist-update

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:51:40 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Ugh, the magnum is already OP. It should be two shots to the head unless you're right in their face.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 6:29:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 6:29:26 AM PST
I am really starting to get bored of the maps. They need to add more, almost every game mode has the same 4 maps

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:30:04 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Yeah, it seems like all I play is Haven and Complex. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:32:02 AM PST
The most popular maps seem to be Haven, Complex, and Ragnarok

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:33:04 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Ragnarok isn't in Infinity Slayer. :( I kind of wish it was, but just without the Mantis.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:28:34 AM PST
I hate complex... all they do is camp on the edges of the maps with dmr and that's it

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:31:00 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
There's still people playing this? I figure they'd all be banned by now for sexist remarks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 9:40:47 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
You think Microsoft actually looks at any of the player complaints?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 12:42:18 PM PST
aka TRAP says:
Microsoft? No. Developers of the game? Sometimes.

ANYWAY!!! I'm glad they're bringing back SWAT, but just like Benjamin, I HATE Complex. That map's too big for only 8-10 players.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:50:20 AM PST
FsuSwatt says:
i agree.. wayyy to much camping going on already and the game has been only out for a week..especially on this map with the freakin sniper rilfe/laser rifle

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:53:08 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Same here, I hate that map.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:56:20 AM PST
I love when developers pay attention and support their games. Man, it kills me that people have already played enough MP to be sick of the maps, I'm so behind the curve!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:33:15 PM PST
Jay C. says:
Bring back SWORD BASE or a variant of it for SWAT!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:05:45 PM PST
Benpachi says:
There needs to be some sort of free-for-all like Rumble Pit, maybe there is and I can't find it. Love every man for himself matches.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:07:38 PM PST
you mean regicide

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:13:25 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Haha, thank you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions