Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Josh PED Hamilton signs with the Angels for $125M/5Yrs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2012 1:14:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 1:59:02 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Suckers ! Wasn't Arte Moreno, Angels Owner, mad at the world when his own outfielder Gary Matthews was busted for PEDs ? Now he has Albert PED Pujols and Josh PED Hamilton ? Weren't they booing Josh Hamilton in Texas in the stretch run as he failed at the plate time after time when he was most needed ? Did the Angels not watch those games ? I for see multiple 1-25 AB for both power hitters. Anaheim is a pitchers park as well.

This is why I love the SFGiants, their management/ownership team runs circles around both LA teams that spend like fools. The Giants just sign ballplayers, scrappers, contact hitters, above average fielders, and tough pitchers, and when they need guys they don't grab at straws and panic, they patch up holes at the trading deadline, spending for half a season in most cases, while the LA teams throw 5 year lottery windfalls at hot ticket items.

The Angels missed out on starting free agent pitcher Greinke so they used that money to throw at Hamilton the second hottest name in free agency, dumb logic; neither of those players were top shelf talent both talented players in free agency but neither a slam dunk can't miss superstar due obnoxious long term deals.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:15:44 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I'm pretty sure all the drugs Hamilton did did not help his performance at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:19:29 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
The giants also have their own PED users. But it's so common in all sports that it's just sort of depressing.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:19:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 1:20:18 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
PED is a performance enhancing drug (e.g. HGH, Testosterone like Melky got busted on) I'm not talking about his crack addiction.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:28:12 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
Biggest reason why I have stopped following baseball is that almost everyone does PED.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:33:19 PM PST
Beau H. says:
I'm a HUGE Rangers fan and Josh is one of my favorite players. He'll do well in LA and I'll still support him. This could really shake up the AL west now the the Angels Prince Albert and Hamilton in the line up, not to mention Trout.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:44:59 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
CJ Wilson just tweeted can't wait to play XBOX with Josh, lol.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:46:39 PM PST
Noooo! I wanted to see him in Phillies Red!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:47:11 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I'm aware of what a ped is. I don't remember hamilton or pujols being proved to have taken them tho.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:49:21 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Torii Hunter tweeted I was told money was tight but I guess Arte had money hidden under the matress. Biz is biz, but don't lie.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:53:36 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
How is that different than every other professional sport?

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:55:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 1:57:07 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Neither have been officially, but both long rumored. Which means what ? Nothing really but it's hard to think that either is a clean player. Maybe they're clean now, but they also aren't the same player they were before either.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:57:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 1:58:00 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Yea I agree. The Torii tweet should have stopped at matress.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 2:53:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 2:58:31 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I texted my pops he didn't know about Josh, he's really happy, huge Angels fan. They certainly are going to be a tough team, the likely favorites in the AL.

I can't be honest with my family about sports they love their teams too much I don't have the heart to do it. Only team we are on the same side with is the Lakers.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 3:04:05 PM PST
As a Rangers fan this is terrible. And he has never been accused of PED's. I assume you're kidding around or just aren't into sports. He was hyped coming out of high school more than Griffey Jr.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 3:13:10 PM PST
Joel H. says:
How the hell is that possible? Hamilton basically quit on his team for jesus. I barely follow baseball but the Rangers have been one big joke the past few years.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 5:44:10 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:59:10 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 5:59:20 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Pujols LOOKS like he takes PEDS. Hamilton doesnt. He's just a completely gifted player that puts too much on himself. I think having a Pujols in the line up with him will help him turn the page from a 5 tool player that couldnt put it all together to a 5 tool player who starts breaking records.
On another positive (?) note, I only live about 10 minutes from where the Angels AAA team plays, and it's almost a lock that we'll see Pujols and/or Hamilton up here sometime during the season.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 9:49:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:50:54 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Remember when Hamilton broke his forearm on a standard slide into home ?. So Josh was a crack addict but he didn't touch PEDS cuz he wanted to be baseball pure ?

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:55:47 AM PST
I'm confused...a Giants fan is making fun of teams for having PED players? Seems a little like the pot calling the kettle black.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:59:03 AM PST
Carlito says:
Oh, the NFL gets away with it REAL easy. No blood tests allowed for drug testing. HGH for all!

I've always said, HGH test in the NFL and every team loses their starting LB core.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:01:00 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
WHen has pujols ever been busted for anything? That guy has looked the same and performed the same his entire career up till now. I know baseball got bad with that but innocent until otherwise

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:11:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 9:29:12 AM PST
dwood78 says:
I'm an Angels fan myself & I'm shocked myself. I'm not really a fan of Hamilton. All I care for is results. He's going to have to produce before he can win me over.

Personally, the Halos still have some issues with their starting lineup. Last season despite issues with Santana & Haren (both who have now gone elsewhere), it was the bullpen that kept the team out of the playoffs. I think that fixed that now, but there's still holes in the starting rotation there that needs to be filled.

The Rangers' fans (most of them) aren't happy about this I can tell you that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:12:58 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Okay, so you are tying his broken arm to his drug addiction when he was 18...and even though he is clean ond sober and doesnt hide from his past, somehow, that implies that he takes PEDS? Are you sure you are even reading the things you type? You arent making a whole lot of sense right now.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:20:49 AM PST
I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to start anything here, but I have a question that's been bugging me since I heard about this on the news.

Do professional athletes really feel like they deserve the salaries they get for what they do? I'm not saying I don't respect the amount of work they have to put in, and I certainly think they deserve more respect for their skill and work than A-list actors or popular musicians do (who I have similar questions about); it's just that they often earn eight-figure salaries, and I really don't think what they do is commensurate with the reward they receive for it. I'm just wondering if anybody's ever asked one about it, and what kind of opinion(s) might have been given.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Write a Rational Video Game-Related Statement That Would Have Sound Insane 20 Years Ago 59 2 seconds ago
OT: Cop takes down 70 pound 8 year old girl with Taser. I'm sure she was really scary. 127 17 seconds ago
OT: NFL to Coldplay: Pay to Play the Super Bowl 72 35 seconds ago
MS sells 10+ Million Xbox One consoles? 63 46 seconds ago
Indie game developer accused of exchanging sex with Kotaku writer in exchange for positive press coverage 207 51 seconds ago
I am so ready to scrap my car for $400 and say "f*** it, you win life, you win" 2 1 minute ago
PT: Consumer Protection Alert: Steakhouse Jr. Deluxe Cheeseburger (Wendy's) 4 1 minute ago
A point I think the anti-subscription service gamers are overlooking... 166 1 minute ago
PlayStation Move Was "Ahead of Its Time," Will Be Important for Project Morpheus, Says Sony Exec 2 1 minute ago
PlayStation TV is #1 in Amazon sales 12 2 minutes ago
I envy cats 29 3 minutes ago
Breaking news. 360 v PS3 are tied again globally. Sony sits in 3rd place overall. 76 5 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions