Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 4:37:56 PM PST
FV says:
You're drawing your conclusion on the assumption that the people in Alexandria are good. Sure, Rick has lost some of his humanity, but would you trust an almost utopia after going through The Governor and Terminus? I doubt he'll take it for the sake of taking it, because that's not the way of this show. Predictably there will be something wrong with Alexandria that will force Rick to act.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 3:05:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author 17 hours ago
Sure it is. Just like the prisoners tried to attack Rick in the beginning of season 3 because they didn't trust him and want to surrender half of the prison to him. Just like the Governor didn't think that it was acceptable to have a camp so nearby draining resources from his. Rick has lost some of his humanity. He is incapable of seeing generosity for what it is, and is preparing to scheme and take the camp if necessary. It will ultimately be necessary, not because of anything the people of Alexandria do, but because Rick will never fully trust them. The show would have to have real guts to do it, and I don't think it will, but it'd be interesting to see Rick so unable to trust that he takes this camp by force from people whom he didn't need to fight.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 3:01:19 PM PST
FV says:
Yeah this. Rick's family is his group. They've been through too much together to risk another Terminus. He's giving Alexandria a chance, but he'll never see the people there as his family even if they all live happily ever after in this place. And because of that his line is him saying "family first." If the people here do anything to harm them, he'll take it from them as retaliation.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 2:55:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author 17 hours ago
MrFoxhound says:
It's not about him taking it. It's about how important this place is and what he means is that he'll take it from them before he lets them ruin it. It's about him protecting a place that everyone can feel safe in.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 2:50:34 PM PST
Rick's line at the end is about how changed Rick is, and about how you can see things from the other side. Rick is now speaking like The Governor. He won't adapt. If he doesn't get exactly what he wants, he'll take what these people have. I won't necessarily say he's wrong, but I will definitely say that it is harder to see this group as good guys among bad guys rather than just the group we've been following and care about, but who will almost certainly commit atrocities if pushed.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 12:35:27 PM PST
YIGT says:
From what I have heard its the same place they have been filming stuff from for years now.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 10:06:57 AM PST
FV says:
They haven't forgotten, but they don't want to back themselves in a corner either. If they refused and resisted, who knows what would have happened. They're tired and hungry from the road. They were in no shape for another fight, especially so soon after losing Ty and Beth.

They're still on edge and haven't forgotten, clearly as evident by Ricks line at the end of the episode. It's better to be diplomatic and have time to plan than it is to find yourself in a losing battle instantly.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 10:00:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author 22 hours ago
C. Hersey says:
True, but I feel the prison was a different scenario because the layout of the set meant that the enemy approached from the south 99% of the time. They felt safe leaving all the weapons on that one fenceline. Who knows what would have happened if they were invaded from the other side. If I were in that situation, I wouldn't be handing my weapons over to anyone. Have they all forgotten Terminus already? And Woodbury?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 9:46:31 AM PST
Either they're lying out of the #$#%es, or they managed to construct the steel wall during the outbreak/after the outbreak, which is pretty darn impressive in and of itself.

I'm not sure I'd call the group weak that's survived quite a bit better than your group so far.... they either took Alexandria from the previous owners/builders, or managed to construct it on their own, which is more than you've done! Plus, they managed to clear off the one highway. Something is organizing these folks to accomplish impressive works, so not sure I'd write them off just yet!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 9:29:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author 22 hours ago
FV says:
Well if you remember the prison, they weren't armed either. All the guns were stockpiled by the bus. No one was carrying them at that point. In Alexandria the congresswoman said they have access to them whenever they leave the wall. Granted, Rick's group won't have unabashed access like they did at the prison, so it's definitely worse for them, but for the society as a whole, they could easily arm if a siege were to take place.

As for it lasting, Alexandria has been there since the beginning of the outbreak, at least that's what Rick was told. That could easily be a lie.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 9:13:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author 23 hours ago
C. Hersey says:
Good catch on the Carol stuff. I was wondering why she was saying what she did about Ed but just thought she was tired when putting the gun on the cart. I thought the interaction with her and Daryl over their appearances was funny. And I also cracked up at him gutting the oppossum on the front porch. He's not going to fit in at all, I don't see this place being a permanent home for him.

As for them surrendering their weapons, I'm blown away that they would have done that after Terminus. Plus, them not being armed just makes the whole town weaker.

That makes me realize just how susceptible this place is to other survivors. Lights blazing all night long, people walking around unarmed all day, and nobody doing any sort of patrols or lookouts. This won't last.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 9:13:31 AM PST
WesCyde says:
Now i will have to check just to be sure, i thought thats what i heard though.

It was so funny the girl that plays tara was saying people would be coming home from work and they would have to cut filming to let them pass and then resume.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 9:12:06 AM PST
FV says:
Oh oops. That's my bad then.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 9:11:45 AM PST
>> Can you imagine filming walking dead on your street? seeing rick and michone walk by at night lol <<

Haha.. "We're filming The Walking Dead in your neighborhood. We only ask that you don't cut your yard during the duration of filming."

OK!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 9:10:47 AM PST
WesCyde says:
I did not think it was in alexandria, i swear on talking dead they said it was in GA. Cool for sure

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 9:09:28 AM PST
FV says:
Yeah that is pretty cool. I think it's impressive that they actually went to Alexandria. They could have just as easily found a suburb in Georgia to film at and stayed there. It's too bad not a lot of movies and TV shows do location shoots these days.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 9:01:03 AM PST
WesCyde says:
I think its crazy thats a real neighborhood they are filming in and they just built a couple houses, but they have it all closed off etc. Can you imagine filming walking dead on your street? seeing rick and michone walk by at night lol

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 8:57:55 AM PST
FV says:
I don't think there's "claiming" in this society like there was with the people who were with Daryl. It definitely was suspect she didn't mention him. Maybe it's a Carol situation where he's an abusive husband, so she doesn't want to talk about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 8:56:20 AM PST
WesCyde says:
Yah i found it odd as well that she did not mention a husband during her haircut. You already know that will probably be a confrontation for sure.

Aaron did his job, look for others to bring back. I think that episode was too showcase some other stuff

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 8:53:03 AM PST
C. Hersey says:
It was cool to see Glen assert himself against the two dbags that took them on the run. That guy needed to get decked and I was expecting Daryl to be the one to do it, glad that Glen stepped up. I can see his "job" being leader of supply runs or something like that. He's always been the best at sneaking in and out without being hurt.

I found it odd that haircut chick didn't mention that she was married, maybe she isn't and that dude told Rick that she was his wife because he's "claimed" her or something. I see that as a confrontation coming.

What happened to Aaron? For someone who was in charge of going out and bringing them in, he sure did dissapear quickly.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2015 11:29:52 AM PST
FV says:
(Finally all caught up)

Yeah I agree. Carol is playing it the smartest out of the whole group. She knew exactly what kind of place Alexandria was. I think it's interesting the difference between those on the "outside" vs those on the "inside". The show seemed to say that by starting over, you do in fact start over. It's as if the walkers and surviving outside the walls are the same as day 1. We saw this in the Congresswoman's son. They don't know how to handle walkers. Glenn said it best when he was told they weren't qualified.

Rick has kind of regressed too. He's gone back to Season 3 Rick after the encounter at Terminus. He's starting to take control again and let his brutality get the better of him. Michonne is trying to fight hers, which is why I think she's come to blows with Rick the most. Michonne wants nothing more than to start over and to let go of who she was with the sword, but part of her knows Rick is right. I think out of all the character's, she knows Rick the best and is just trying to keep him level headed.

It will be interesting to see the circumstances that cause Rick to take over yet another place. Because that's how the show has gone every time in the past, and I don't see this being any different.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2015 11:11:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2015 11:11:26 AM PST
Yep, she played possum from the moment she walked in the gate (acting like it was hard for her to handle the gun, etc., not to mention all the stuff she said in the interview). Really smart of Carol. If the others aren't worried about the sweet-little-lady, she can be a secret weapon for the group, if/when she needs to be.

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 11:10:42 AM PST
Haha.. Just like Wu-Tang Financial, Rick Grimes's group ain't nuttin' to eff wit'

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2015 11:08:12 AM PST
Aku says:
Glen's scene with the outside scavengers was even better.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2015 11:07:34 AM PST
DtM says:
I preferred his ending line. "We'll just take it from them"
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 109 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  157
Total posts:  2723
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  15 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions