Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Just beat Tomb Raider. Spoilers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 14, 2013 6:19:20 PM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Wow that was a great game. I felt such hope when I made it to the tip of the radio tower. Hope that was immediately dashed when that plane crashed. The scene in the monastery felt like the end of the game, but there was quite a bit left to go. I didn't like that the final boss was a QTE battle like in Golden Abyss, but I did like Crystal Dynamics thanking me for playing the game and taking the time to complete the game.

I doubt that I will go back for the stuff I missed. I just don't feel the draw to dive right back into this game. Which of course raises the question if I ever will, and whether or not I should sell the game or keep it on the shelf.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 7:25:35 PM PDT
Congrats. Eat yourself a cookie and put a dent in that backlog!

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 7:32:43 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Great game for sure, definitely staying in my collection.

The sequel just needs more or more involved tombs and a better supporting cast and it would be perfect.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:24:22 PM PDT
Jonathan says:
The collectibles were definitely a missed opportunity. I finished at 94% completion and all I got for my early game collect-a-thon was extra XP, which by the endgame was pointless because at that point I had maxed out all my skills and had one or two extra skill points left over.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:45:17 PM PDT
It is a very good game. I finished it and traded it in at BB for $37.60. Don't think I'll buy it back but I have to say I had a lot of fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:46:02 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I thought they were cool, well except for the GPS things, those were beyond worthless.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:03:42 PM PDT
Jonathan says:
I thought the relics themselves were cool, but if I got something besides XP for collecting all of them, I missed it. The GPS things were a total waste of time. I think after collecting all but five of them I found a special GPS cache, but all it was was a silly little message.

I did find one of the secret achievements amusing though. When I shot a crab with a fire arrow I unlocked "Crab Cakes."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:21:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 9:22:19 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
There were 2 secret messages you got from the GPS collectibles.

There wasn't anything for the relics, but hearing Lara geek out about them was cool.

And of course the documents were great for fleshing out the world and the characters.

Not to mention I didn't max out Lara until after I finished the campaign, so the extra XP was fine with me,

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 9:31:55 PM PDT
Jonathan says:
By the way, from re-reading my posts it looks like I didn't like the game. I did enjoy it immensely; I'm just nitpicking one aspect of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 12:03:05 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Uh... you stop getting skill points after you max out your skills.

So I'm calling you a liar!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 12:19:13 AM PDT
Jonathan says:
I got some skills off the bat (Agility and Animal Instinct) from the Scavenger Hunt pre-order DLC, so that might have something to do with it.

But I definitely had maxed out all my skills and had a skill point to spend before I started chasing Sam and Mathias.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 12:28:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 12:28:28 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
That might explain it. I think you can also just buy those skills as DLC.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:07:43 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
i finished at 88% and didnt care at all about getting missing collectibles. even though most all of them were marked on my map as well.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 5:11:31 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
I maxed out everything and 100%ed the game on both playthroughs. The first one I went back and explored after the game. The second I 100%ed areas as I went and traveled to hunt deer for what little salvage I needed before the final section.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:11:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 5:12:56 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
I finished at 75%, mainly because once I saw the helicopter crash, and I thought it was the end of the game, I just decided to bee line it to the end of the game. Plus it seemed like random filler anyway with the random things to destroy in each environment: posters, effigies, sea mines, etc. The tombs were really disappointing too. Single room, single puzzle areas. It took longer to walk there than it did to actually get to the chest.

Plus, I don't like how the game keeps the stuff on the map that you have already found.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:54:40 AM PDT
JWK says:
"The sequel just needs more or more involved tombs and a better supporting cast and it would be perfect."

Great points. The Tombs were decidedly bare bones.... (oh! Ah ha ha ha ha!!! Zomg! I'm so clever and attractive!) and Lara was the only character that was anything beyond one dimensional. Otherwise this is the best third person shooter I've played since Uncharted 3. I may end up thinking it's the best TPS of the generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 5:59:13 AM PDT
JWK says:
"Plus, I don't like how the game keeps the stuff on the map that you have already found."

YES! WHY did they do that?! It was so annoying to pick something up and and 5 minutes later go back to the same spot thinking you'd missed something.

It sounds like we're in the same boat. I only got to 76% completion and though I really enjoyed the game, I don't think I'll go back and collect everything. In fact, I haven't done that with a single game this generation.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:00:21 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
I was surprised at how much they took right out of the movie, The Decent.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 6:04:37 AM PDT
OP says:
I vaguely recall getting ~1000 salvage for collecting all GPS caches, although I was very close to max upgrades on all weapons by that time anyway.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:15:24 AM PDT
Fox, did you see a strange flash at the end of the game during that fight in the raging storm? There was definitely a subliminal message or something in the upper corner of the screen. I know I'm not nuts because one other player posted about it on GameFAQs. It may have just been the "trinity" logo you can sometimes see flash bybin the main menu screen, but I want to be sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 6:16:47 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
No, I must have missed that, I was too focused on the next QTE prompt to pay much attention to anything else.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:29:23 AM PDT
Ha ha, so was I but I think it was during or right after the gunfights leading to the Oni. I'm starting to doubt I actually saw anything (two guys on the entire interweb is not good evidence) but the whole secret society thing in the final GPS has my interest peaked. That's all it takes to get me excited for the next game.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:38:17 AM PDT
This has been by far the best new game I have played this year. Very good story. I wish it was a little longer but it was good enough and was quite addictive.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 7:35:18 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Not to be a jerk, but if you knew how to read the map, you wouldn't make that mistake. Items you haven't picked up are greyed out with a little X on them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 7:35:48 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
I can confirm this. You get a bunch of salvage when you collect all of them.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions