Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Crysis 3 - $42 all platforms + free shipping

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2013 2:01:51 PM PST
DukeNole says:
Through Origin. In case anyone is interested.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.crysis3_en_US

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 2:08:36 PM PST
This was the best FPS of 2013, for sure. Amazing game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 2:11:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2013 2:12:05 PM PST
Wait, your saying that without having played Bioshock Infinite? Or don't you consider Bioshock a standard FPS?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 2:13:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2013 2:14:24 PM PST
No, BioShock Infinite to me is an experience that contains shooting.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think games being a game is a bad thing at all, it's just BioShock means much more to me.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 2:18:01 PM PST
I had 2 copies of this already. Purchased in spite of EA being the publisher. What I received was a game that was laggy a lot and I do not have this kind of trouble with ANY other game. I also noticed certain problems like:

1. Being able to jump, hip fire, and get a kill without even actually being aimed at the other player
2. Players in constant cloak
3. Players running and shooting at the same time. It is actually fairly easy to do. My son was playing with his friend who actually showed him how to do this. Basically constant sprint, gun firing to the side, but getting one hit kills.

Really, seems from most of what people have told me and I have read many think that when it works it is fun. Pretty much how I feel. But it seems to have these problems more times than not. And I downloaded the last patch. Now, I cannot sign in without exiting the game. Sometimes more than once.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 2:28:06 PM PST
Gotcha.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 2:30:48 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I held out this long...i'm waiting on $20

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 2:32:40 PM PST
I do think I have no problem with other people classifying it as a FPS and only that (as well as playing the game for its combat), but BioShock means something else personally to me. Just hope nobody gets offended over what I say.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 2:37:11 PM PST
I'm fine with that.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 2:44:05 PM PST
I will wait for the Steam Summer sale. Should be around $15

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 2:57:09 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
It is Origin-only. Wish it was Steamworks :/

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 4:33:29 PM PST
Oh, Crud. Forgot

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 5:27:41 PM PST
M. Stifler says:
For anyone thinking of upgrading their GPU, AMD is offering this and Bioshock Infinite for free with certain purchases. I got the HD7950.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 5:58:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2013 6:01:42 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
It's a blast but that's how I felt with Cry2 the first Crysis I played having the power of the suit it's like COD with mutant powers it's a blast. I already sold it for a few reasons the price is going to continue to drop, there just aren't many fans that stck with the game, the lobbies are empty some times only certain games have enough players. The maps are bigger that's a plus but I prefered the Cry 2 maps myself. They need more game modes, deathmatch, team deathmatch, and crashsite are all that matter. The hunter mode is way overrated it's only two minutes and it's a mad dash to find everybody you can't enjoy being a hunter jamming everywhere cuz of time limit and your scared to death if you are a normal soldier hoping the hunters don't find you.

SP is longer to me than others said, I enjoyed it, but overall I'd say Cry 3 is the second best of the series. Cry 2 is #1 to me and Jim Sterling :).

People again just don't stick with the game only thing I can think is spawns aren;t the best, and you die nearly as much as you kill unless you have all the goodies or are exceptional at every FPS you play, or watch radar and stay away from hot zones.

I also thought the alien weapons other than swamer rocket launcher and cool azz bolt sniper all bulky and not that effective unless you see a cluster of enemies or stay far away from hot zones. Adding to that you'd be just as effective if not more if you just used your primary weapon, few would even use the alien wepons. I used them all the time.

I do enjoy it more than COD games for sure, but I still think the last great FPS I played was B3.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 7:44:04 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Best Crysis game yet.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 1:48:59 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Just like Crysis 2 the lobbies aren't jammed half empty.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 1:58:34 AM PST
With prices falling this quickly I cant justify buying a new game at full price any more.
My backlog is too large anyway, so I really dont need new games on day 1.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 2:01:12 AM PST
Except that its an EA game.
You're not likely to get it on Steam any time soon.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 4:53:23 AM PST
Chris94 says:
I just got crysis 3 on amazon for $37.
Sold by amazon warehouse deals, listed as good condition and I received the game and it was brand new.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 9:28:54 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
and you paid what for shipping and tax, total price ?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions