Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Did Anyone Play The Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge Demo ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2013 12:28:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2013 12:51:10 PM PDT
prsmooth says:
So I got a chance to play the PS3 demo, and I can tell you right off the bat they upped the difficulty in this game by a few notches compared to NG3.

Enemies are more aggressive and tend to grab you more.

I like the fact they added moves/techniques you can unlock and also the addition of other ninpo abilites.

One thing that is frustrating me beyond measure is the INPUT LAG when playing Ryu. Man, it is to the point that is game breaking. When you got several guys surrounding you and you want to slide past and slice one guy, there is delay in performing that sequence which results in the AI getting a cheap hit.
However, when I played with Ayane it played as smooth as butter, I didn't experience the input lag in registering combos as I did with Ryu.

Did anyone experience lag in registering moves with Ryu when playing the PS3 Demo?

I am going to try the Xbox 360 version and see if it has the same problem.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 12:44:10 PM PDT
I heard the PS3 version is riddled with bugs.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 2:17:28 PM PDT
prsmooth says:
bump. for those that didn't see the thread.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 2:35:07 PM PDT
Aku says:
Hey, it's that game I mentioned enjoying on the Wii U right before I got the forum equivalent of baffled looks in my direction!

Anywho, I don't remember any lag other than a hit-stun when you get smacked with something.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 2:59:28 PM PDT
I am Error says:
Hey Aku,

But is it better than Arkam City, which has dropped to 29.99 for Wii-U? I have not played either.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 3:04:34 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I briefly owned this game for Wii U. It's...not very good. More of a generic action game with an utterly forgettable story. The enemies are the same, the human soldiers repeat "sh--" over and over again to the point that you wonder why they made it this way, and generally it's just not very exciting. It has none of the creativity that the first NG Sigma had.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 3:39:19 PM PDT
Aku says:
Arkham City on the Wii U is the more fun game but also the slightly less functional one. You're forced to use the gamepad controller, and I'm pretty sure you're forced to have radio chatter through the gamepad speakers only. The framerate definitely dips but it's kinda-sorta hidden in the constant slow-mo fight scenes. You have to enter a code on the main menu to get Catwoman/Batman out of those fugly armored suits until you beat the game once.

I'd recommend AC, long as you weren't looking for a game to make use of the new Pro controller.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 11:21:08 AM PDT
I'd love to try the demo, but I can't find it on XBL. Must be Gold-only this week.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
PS4 NEO and Xbox One Scorpio May Cause Compromises For Base Versions Of Games, Says Developer 3 4 minutes ago
I just realized Microsoft's goal all along 17 8 minutes ago
Microsoft and their console 35 13 minutes ago
Resident Evil Umbrella Corps might be the worst game this gen 12 22 minutes ago
OT: My Fame: An Update 15 23 minutes ago
Games With Gold For July Possibly Leaked 2 25 minutes ago
OT: Cable Cutters- Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV... other? 44 33 minutes ago
The Death Penalty - Yay or Nay? 27 35 minutes ago
Scorpio Is The Last Fart Of The Dying Corpse That Is Xbox. 3 36 minutes ago
Bungie Killing Off Destiny on PS3 and Xbox 360 15 38 minutes ago
Marvel: Spider-Man PS4 will be an ongoing series only between Sony and Insomniac 0 48 minutes ago
Weekend gaming 06/24 - 06/26: Obama criticisizes publication of top fast food in conjunction with E3 conference. "We already have an obesity epidemic, the last thing I need is Phil Spencer encouraging people to shovel down Chick Fil A waffle fries." 64 51 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions