Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 12, 2012 12:08:49 PM PDT
M. Squires says:
Rick: Where's the baby.
Lori: Don't worry, he's just over their playing peek-a-boo with that Walker
Rick: Oh, alright then.

They could kill Lori next weekend and I would be happy; take Karl too while you're at it. How are they going to explain when he goes through puberty and looks 25 in a few seasons? I thought that's why they killed off Sophia was that the show was becoming successful and they can't use children for too many seasons if they elapsed time is supposed to be realatively short.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 12:08:52 PM PDT
Kin-foot says:
I don't see how they can keep Carl on lockdown 24/7.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 12:09:53 PM PDT
M. Squires says:
@Kin-foot,

They could remove his legs, but that might piss of PETA....oh wait....PETA doesn't care about people

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 12:11:51 PM PDT
Ice King says:
That kid they were holding hostage and torturing turned without a bite too.
I'm pretty sure everyone is infected.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 12:12:56 PM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Nah, he'll just be rolling torso in the fields with 10 walkers chasing him. At least you can use his legs as a distraction

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 12:13:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2012 12:16:19 PM PDT
Ice King says:
The sick guy was dying from the bite. I think a zombie bite is fatal, but isn't what turns you.

And didn't Rick shoot those bar guys in the head?

Edit: Ninja'd to death.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 12:16:12 PM PDT
user22 says:
Maybe the kid who plays Carl will grow up to be a man-child like Ralph Macchio. He was in his early to mid twenties when he played 16-year-old Daniel Larusso in Karate Kid.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 12:21:55 PM PDT
M. Squires says:
@user22,

Lol...but will they take that chance. He could turn into a Fred Savage or Mcaully Caulkin...or however you spell his name.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 5:45:10 AM PDT
M. Squires says:
So does this mean that if their baby dies at birth, there will be a little baby Walker trying to kill everyone?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 6:22:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:37 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 6:49:09 AM PDT
Kirksnowsion says:
Or if it dies in the womb. Eating mommy from the inside out!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 6:51:19 AM PDT
Would it have teeth? I guess it could gum its way out lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 7:28:44 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 9:36:15 AM PDT
user22 says:
I assume you are referring to Dale's death. I think it's a matter of determination rather than super-human strength. Dale was emotionally injured and off of his guard, he was no match for that walker's determination and desire to feed. As for his stomach being ripped open, Greg Nicotero(special effects makeup designer for the show) has explained that the thought behind it was that walker's mostly have hard, boney, claw-like fingers due to the flesh deteriorating away, so after it had been scratching at Dale's stomach for nearly a minute it was able to dig in the flesh and rip it open.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 1:11:37 PM PDT
What ever happened to the father and his boy who helped Rick in Season 1? I believe it was at the end of Season 1 where they were in his house with the rifle looking down the scope, and they see the fathers wife as a walker. I really was interested at that point, and am disappointed that they haven't made an appearance in Season 2...yet. Perhaps some shenanigans will go down this Sunday, and those two will have to save the day! >:D Or...maybe they will catch up with them in Season 3. Any information I missed on them? Feel free to share. I am going to feel silly worrying about where they are, if they are actually dead and I missed that part of the show!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 1:25:04 PM PDT
M. Squires says:
@Patrick J. Craney,

They might be dead, but the show never showed what happened. They were just never discussed again; same as dude's brother they left cuffed to the roof. I think the writers just decide if something doesn't look like it's going anywhere and just move on.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 1:26:15 PM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
As far as I know, it's unknown if the boy and his dad are dead or not. I remember a few episodes after Rick left them, he tried communicating with them through that walkie talkie thing. Eventually he gave up I guess.

I'm just praying that the farm will be overran next episode and they can FINALLY leave. I've grown kind of tired of seeing them trying to play farm house for most of season 2.

BTW, who do you guys think is the next one to die? I'm thinking Carol, I mean has she even had a zombie kill?

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 3:05:16 PM PDT
user22 says:
One of the many great things about this show is the uncertainty of everything. Anything can happen at any time. Just because we haven't seen the boy(Duane) and his father(Morgan) from season 1 doesn't mean they've been written off, they could still pop up at any moment. Same with Daryl's brother Merle. Also, I haven't seen anyone mention Morales and his family who took off on their own when the group was heading out for the CDC.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 3:45:51 PM PDT

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 5:31:24 PM PDT
Yeah, I have a feeling that those whose survive the upcoming attack will band together. Either that, or something like the family who was there originally will refuse to leave, as it is there home. All I know is that I am super pumped. I have a feeling next season we are going to get a taste of what happened to cause all this. I am sad to say that I do not think they can carry it for another season after season 3. TWD is the only show I watch on the regular basis (besides Justified) so it looks as though my TV time will be dead for a while >:(

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 7:26:11 PM PDT
user22 says:
"I am sad to say that I do not think they can carry it for another season after season 3."

Say what now? The Walking Dead has quickly become the most popular zombie franchise next to George A. Romero's Dead Series. The comic has been a high-selling ongoing book since 2003 and the show continues to break viewership records, making it the most watched drama on cable television. Mind explaining why you think it wont last longer than 3 seasons?

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 7:03:13 AM PDT
SynsCei says:
I thought Shane turned into a Walker when he was stabbed with the knife Rick had been using to stab other Walkers. I haven't figured out how Randall turned into without being bitten but I've read some of the replies here. So, everyone has the "Walker Virus"? How so? Maybe I missed this part in Season 1. Or is it when they've had altercations with them and are forced to shove/stab/hit at close range that they get the "virus" but lies dormant until they die? I know Rick and Shane mentioned how the two police officers were Walkers but did not have any bites... oh no I've gone cross-eyed.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 7:15:56 AM PDT
Amazon Ninja says:
No not quite, do you remember the two police walkers at the school with rick and shane they had no bites and still turned.
I think the are qoing with a Romero theam zombie where it doesnt matter if your infected or not if you die and you come back as one of them assuming that there is no brain damage.
I could tell you more about it but If you really want to know you should refer to the Walking dead novel wiki.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 7:16:17 AM PDT
M. Squires says:
@SynsCei,

They haven't come out and said that in any of the seasons yet; they alluded to it at the CDC in season 1, but haven't actually said that. I think people are just speculating and possibly taking knowlege they have from the comic to make assumptions. Someone said that the term "walking dead" has two meanings: one to describe zombies and the other to hint at everyone having the virus and thus being like "walking dead." I'm not really sure, but I can't wait until next week.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 7:22:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2012 7:22:19 AM PDT
SynsCei says:
^^ Both replies... thanks. That cleared that up, especially the possible second meaning of the "walking dead." And Mr Bane I'll look into the WD Novel Wiki after work.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Sony finally realizes that their console is too expensive 27 1 minute ago
Platinum Games teasing a Christmas surprise 10 1 minute ago
Two cops assinated in NYC to avenge Garner/Browm 349 4 minutes ago
The Interview: YouTube, Xbox to Stream It 27 5 minutes ago
OT: my grandma what big bewbs you have! The better to motorboat you with my dear. 9308 17 minutes ago
"Steam servers are too busy to handle your request to play a game" 1 25 minutes ago
OT: Why is America fat? 61 27 minutes ago
17 game Sonic collection for $10 (directly from Amazon) 3 41 minutes ago
Steam Winter Sale 2014 Thread 367 43 minutes ago
DriveClub Screenshots Show Unreal Graphics, One of The Best Looking Games Ever 25 48 minutes ago
Steam Holiday trading card thread. 9 56 minutes ago
360 controller acting up on PC. Suggestions other than replacement? 5 57 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  148
Total posts:  2488
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  23 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions