Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

usps sucks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 136 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2011 6:22:45 PM PDT
so i ordered 3 gamws that were suppose to be here on thur and they got sent to the next town over which is 600mile round trip. no new tracking info posted since the 7th. cant get ahold of post office or amazon n my post master looked up the tracking number n all she can tell me is give it till middle of next week. which sucks cause im going out of town for work.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2011 6:25:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2011 6:27:11 PM PDT
Facelord says:
I've only had positive experiences with USPS, they've consistently delivered every game I've ordered off Amazon well before they were scheduled to get here. I'd prefer not to have it any other way, if I keep getting service like this. Just wait a day or two more for the games, unless no one ships on the weekends in your area.

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 6:28:12 PM PDT
sorry im typing on a ps3 with the controller

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2011 6:29:24 PM PDT
P. Bateman says:
"600 mile round trip"
Ah.. living on an island, I see.

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 6:31:27 PM PDT
This is the 1st time i've had issues with a amazon order usually they arrive a day or 2 early. Around chrstmas though the lost 3 packages from walmart which got replaced with ease.

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 6:33:22 PM PDT
Tanky John says:
Yeah, on one of my orders USPS allowed a fake zip code to be entered into their system.

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 6:33:34 PM PDT
no p. i live in alaska

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2011 6:38:29 PM PDT
P. Bateman says:
Oh dear. Well personally USPS hasn't been the best carrier of the 3 Amazon uses for me either, but they're always here by the date. UPS is my team though.

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 6:42:20 PM PDT
the thing that irks me is usually i go for free shipping but this time i paid $15 bucks to get it here so i could get me some dirt 3 in b4 my trip n nooooo its taking longer to get here, n thts if it gets here. guess i learned my lessen free super saver shipping from now on.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2011 6:45:48 PM PDT
P. Bateman says:
Oh ouch, that's rough. If you haven't already, go to your orders in your account, and click 'Report a shipping error' under Dirt 3, and Amazon will reimburse ya.

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 6:52:37 PM PDT
Thanks p. im gonna get on that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2011 12:26:10 AM PDT
Facelord says:
Yeah, whaaat Bateman said. I'm surprised that you'd pay extra and they'd do that to you with shipping; I always go Super Saver with my shipping unless it's not possible. There doesn't really seem to be any kinda difference in speed depending on which option I pick, either way. It's always just semi-fast shipping.

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 2:44:41 AM PDT
49er Larry says:
I try to deal with my local post office as little as possible because I swear they only hire the most incompetent people they can find. I had ordered a game from England (only carrier of the game at the time I was looking). So I knew the delivery would take some time since it had to pass through customs and all. I finally received a slip in the mail saying I had to pick the package up at the post office. I went to the post office and they couldn't find the package. They had me fill out a form with my phone number on it and said they would call as soon as they located the package.

So I went home and my mail delivery guy was dropping off mail and I told him what had happened and he started complaining about how stupid everyone that works there was and said he knew exactly where it was and that he would call and let them know. Never received a call from them so I figured I would just pick it up the next day. Went back the next day and had the same issue, the idiots couldn't locate the package. I told the guy my postman knew exactly where it was and asked him to call and talk to him. So they called the guy, but he didn't answer his phone so they asked me to fill out another one of those stupid forms. I walked out the door.

Got home and the mailman was there again. I told him about what happened and he complained about them some more. To make a long story short, after he finished his route, he brought the package by in person. Real cool guy and I finally got my package after spending way too much time at the local post office. Probably won't be ordering anything from overseas again.

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 3:08:30 AM PDT
There's a reason they are bankrupt and going out of business.

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 5:10:19 AM PDT
R H W says:
I don't like how they constantly open up my "media mail", looking to see if they can up the postage charge. Twice so far, I have had to pay extra to get my package. I have no control over how someone is going to ship my package, but I don't need these goons opening up my mail whenever they feel like it...

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 6:21:00 AM PDT
Well ty all for letting me vent i contacted amazon n within a cpl hours i got a email with a new tracking number and a message saying shipping soon. Great customer service i will def order from here again but no shipping through usps if possible

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 6:38:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 26, 2011 5:16:01 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 7:57:57 AM PDT
I guess it just depends on the state, country, area etc. I have always had positive experiences with UPS and FedEx but USPS is another story. They have "lost" 2 Amazon packages over the last year and now I freak out every time the tracking is not provided by Amazon.

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 9:04:57 AM PDT
Roadrunner says:
I avoid USPS whenever I can. They are horribly slow and I hate that all my packages arrive opened. My local UPS is pretty awesome, so I'm glad most of my Amazon orders are through them. Haven't had any issues with FedEx either, but I've only had a couple packages come through them.

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 3:39:24 PM PST
og says:
USPS is not the best, its the first time my package is shipping through them and there is no tracking info for past 3 days. Its already past due date. This is happening first time at Amazon (and guess what first time USPS is the shipper). Also I used USPS at least 2 times to send something to someone and it didn't reach. I'm done with relying on USPS.

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 3:53:54 PM PST
MeatG0D says:
USPS is horrible, UPS is bad, UPS is always on time, well, at least on the day they said they will deliver, they usually hip toss my packages though, USPS....they must employ the handicapped, i've witnessed my postal worker trying to put a package clearly too large, into my mail slot, luckily the contents weren't damaged, only the packaging...but quite commonly with usps, they never deliver on the same day they are suppose to, it's always a day or two later...i wonder why usps is going broke?

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 5:46:36 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 16, 2011 5:53:20 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2011 7:12:04 PM PST
Xavier 7 says:
I really had no opinion about USPS until this month when they lost my gas bill payment and mortgage payment. Yeah, I was pretty pissed.

Thankfully they didn't lose the two 3DS's my wife shipped to her younger brother and sister that we got them for Christmas. I was pretty paranoid about that since they were still in transit during the debacles mentioned above.

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 7:49:59 PM PST
Kanjeeny says:
Same thing happen to me. I ordered undead (red dead) and battlefield 3 last week it didnt come until today!!!! Im still waiting on other items. They said bf3 was supposed to be here yesterday and that undead was going to be here on the 13th.

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 9:32:10 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
Never had a problem with USPS myself.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: This is the story, of a lovely thread, with 10,000 very lovely posts. All of them had words of fun, like the last one, the first one with downvotes! 8906 6 minutes ago
Diablo 2.1 patch tomorrow! 144 8 minutes ago
Drive Club Beta Screenshots Reveal Graphical Downgrade 28 39 minutes ago
Five Nights at Freddy's 5 1 hour ago
Why aren't more people buying Metro Redux? 143 2 hours ago
PAX 2014: The Order: 1866 Seems Great, Except for One Thing... 50 3 hours ago
the #1 reason not to buy a ps4 and to get an xbox one instead!!! 100 3 hours ago
Console's should have more drm 3 4 hours ago
Peggle 2 No Longer Xbox Exclusive, Coming To PlayStation 4 32 4 hours ago
Just picked up a mint Xbox 360 MW2 Console w/ 250GB HDD and 3 controllers for $10 36 4 hours ago
Why do people attack Flores, Naughty Doug and Sony Prophet but high-five Zeus Carver, UziHorowitz and John McClane? 10 4 hours ago
I Now Own a Playstation 4! 45 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  92
Total posts:  136
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions