Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Super Smash Bros 3DS?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 10:25:40 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Since when was there a Super Smash Bros for the 3DS coming out?

I might have to get me one now, since Luigi's Mansion 2 is releasing next year as well.

Also, how is Mario Sticker Star?

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:27:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 10:27:24 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I say just put Melee on there with online.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:28:05 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
That's probably what it will be, how is the online system for the 3DS?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:30:10 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I hope so, I'd love a new Smash Bros. and all, but Melee was perfect. I've only played Mario Kart 7 online, but it's awesome. Fast, no lag, no problems of any kind. As much as it's a pain to add friends with those stupid friend codes, it's easy to join up with someone on your friend list once you have them on there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:31:34 AM PST
I'm only an hour or so into Sticker Star but it's pretty good so far. Not sure how much Paper Mario you've played but Sticker Star is more action-RPG with puzzle elements. Combat is turn-based but requires timing. Say you want to hit someone with a hammer you select the hammer sticker and press the button at a very specific moment to score maximum damage.

I guess it depends on how much you like that paper aesthetic. For example, fairly early in the game you come across a missing bridge. After you get the bridge sticker you have to hang over the level, place the bridge sticker and then use the analog pad to "smooth out" the sticker (think like putting a screen protector on a phone.)

It's not like typical Mario platformers if that's what you're looking for,

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:32:01 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Since it was announced a while ago. It's coming out for the Wii U and 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:32:54 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
No lag? I wonder how they did all that in such a small device. I need to get a 3DSXL. I will definitely get one when Luigi's Mansion 2 is released. Also, I really want to see a new Pokemon but 3DS - which is likely never to happen.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:33:37 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
i just want more smash bros, ill get it for both 3ds and wii u. it will be interesting to see how it works on 3ds.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:34:35 AM PST
You have friends list. You can send simple messages to each other by drawing/writing on the touch screen. It's pretty easy to join a friend in a game of say, Mario Kart 7. Just go to your friends list and if he/she is playing press "join." The downside is that it uses retarded friend codes. I'd have to enter your 12 digit number and you'd have to enter mine. It's one time only though. After that the friends list is easy to use.

Not much in the way of apps but there is Netflix and stuff like that. There is also a store with some rather good downloadable games including NES and Gameboy games.

Haven't had any issues with online multiplayer on 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:38:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 10:38:48 AM PST
Benpachi says:
They probably have everyone separately synced to the server prior to the match starting, but I'm no expert on that stuff. I haven't gotten much use out of my 3DS, but I've enjoyed the heck out of the games I've played on it.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:40:08 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I mean I am just worried that the 3D will hurt my eyes. It hurt my eyes with the regular 3DS but I was also squinting at the screen because it was so small.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:41:58 AM PST
It's kind of weird on your eyes at first but you get used to it. The 3D also has a slider so you can adjust the intensity of the 3D effect at will (or even turn it off.) Sometimes I don't even use the 3D effect at all.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:42:26 AM PST
Fullme7al says:
Will it be cross play? Cross play is pretty cool for PS All Stars. I heard the wii u super smash is going to be like a traditional fighter, I'm guessing in terms of combos and more unique fighting styles. I can't wait for the wii u version or the 3ds one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:51:27 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
So you can turn off the 3D completely? What about times when you need the 3D to complete an obstacle or puzzle? Will it tell you to turn it back on?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:55:52 AM PST
Yes, you can turn off the 3D effect. There aren't any games that require the 3D effect. There are a couple of areas in Super Mario 3D Land where the 3D effect helps you see something but every single 3DS game can be played without 3D. If you ever decide you want the 3D effect you simply move the slider back up. It works in real time, you don't even need to pause the game.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:08:22 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U were both announced a couple of E3's ago. But it was kind of an empty announcement. The developer still hadn't finished Kid Icarus Uprising yet, and were basically unaware that a Super Smash Bros. game was even in their future, lol. They're making it now apparently, but it's not coming out anytime soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:26:07 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Jason, I am not going to buy your 3DS so you can get a 3DSXL.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:26:30 AM PST
There is no way I'd ever sell my 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:27:10 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Lol, I am kidding my man.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:29:30 AM PST
Punk! says:
I think it released this month right? Super Smash Brothers

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:33:21 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
LOL, I actually like that game better than SSB...

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:45:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 11:46:40 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I got Sony Smash Bros from Gamefly and it is a mediocre game in pretty much every way. I really hate the fact that the only way to knock someone out is by using a super move. I really really hate it. The game also has a total lack of personality and is just unbelievably bland. There's barely any modes, not much in the form of unlockables, and then there's the roster which is just a sad state of affairs. The fact that the game that is supposed to celebrate the history of the PlayStation brand is a mediocre rip off of a competitor's series is flat out insulting in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:47:11 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
donnie thinks a Sony game is mediocre?? Wow. Didn't see that one coming.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:49:10 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
It's so funny that he posted all that when no one is going to take him seriously.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:50:07 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I'm loathe to use Metacritic as some sort of quality gauge but I feel like it's the only to get through to some people on here. All I'm saying is other people agree with me as a 76 scored game isn't exactly setting the industry on fire.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9d342444)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions