Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

One Of The Dungeons In The New Final Fantasy XIV

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 8:38:10 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
http://kotaku.com/5971481/a-glimpse-at-one-of-the-dungeons-in-the-new-final-fantasy-xiv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fe09gta0WAw

This one is called the Tam-Tara Deepcroft, an instanced dungeon from Final Fantasy XIV. The above video footage shows what this dungeon will look like in version 2.0 of the game, A Realm Reborn, which will launch next year for PC and PS3. Cool music. Reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics.

Square plans to start the closed beta for the new FFXIV in mid-February, according to a new "road map" they've put up to lay out plans for the massive overhaul to their massive online role-playing game.

Actually looks really cool.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:47:50 AM PST
Yea, I am liking the new look. I dont know if the PS3 would be worth it to get it on since I would have alot more space on the PC. Then the PS3 controlls on an MMO would bother me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:48:55 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
This looks really good so far! I really hope SE makes this version much better than the original and they can get it to work on the PS3. If the reviews are even half decent for the PS3 version I will end up buying it.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:54:54 AM PST
Is this some kind of MMO? And why isn't it being released for the 360?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:57:47 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
You've really never heard anything about FF14 before this article? It's an MMO that was released in a completely broken unfinished state and they've since gone back to the drawing board and are attempting to relaunch it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:58:59 AM PST
No, I do not pay attention to most FF things. But good thing they went back to fix it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 9:10:28 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
The game probably isn't being released on the 360 because MS doesn't allow online between systems. A Realm Reborn is supposed to be the same online between the PS3 and PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 9:11:50 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Yep, just like FFXI on the PS2.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 9:25:17 AM PST
S. Brown says:
Looks cool. This is the kind of Final Fantasy I've missed.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 9:38:33 AM PST
Ryan says:
I'll probably try this out when it's officially re-released. Looking at the gameplay footage and other stuff it looks interesting.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 9:39:45 AM PST
S. Brown says:
I'm not a big fan of the $15/month subscription, though.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 9:41:48 AM PST
Smarty says:
Hopefully it's not as addictive as FFXI. I loved the warning at login that told you not to forget your friends, family, and responsibilities.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 9:44:53 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Lol, there was a warning for that at the beginning of the game? That's awesome.

I am not a fan of the $15 per month subscription but I doubt I would play an MMO for more than a couple of months so it won't be too bad of an extra price.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions