Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Best local co-op games for PS3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 1, 2013 12:09:53 PM PST
What are the best local co-op games on the PS3? No shooters, please. The person I would be playing with isn't fond of them. I am looking at Starhawk (mostly for me and a different friend) and Portal 2, and I already own all the LBP games. Thanks, in advance!

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:10:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2013 12:17:12 PM PST
Little Big Planet is all I know of.

Edit:
Pixel Junk Monsters is coop and tower defense. It is on PSN for download, pretty cheap too. There is also a Tomb Raider Indie game on PSN that is coop.

Edit:
Rayman Origins, Castle Crushers (PSN), Gatling Gears (PSN) and Resident Evil 5 (not a first person shooter but still a shooter). Plants vs Zombies is also on PSN. Rachet and Clank All 4 One. Battle Royal.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:11:52 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
Uncharted 3
Killzone 3
Borderlands 1 & 2

Oh no shooters...ummmm...errrr...LBP2!

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:12:48 PM PST
Again, I already own all of the LBP games.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:13:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2013 12:14:10 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Definitely get Portal 2, otherwise I can't help you.

edit: If you like JRPGS at all Tales of Graces F allows multiplayer during the battles, though during story sequences and exploration only 1 player would be doing all the controlling.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 12:17:52 PM PST
I'd actually pick one of the many other pixeljunk games over Monsters. Pixeljunk Eden, Shooter, and Sidescroller are hellafun local co-op games.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:19:16 PM PST
Oh, Shank 2 has some fun local co-op. It's essentially a cool take on horde mode.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:20:36 PM PST
P. Oyer says:
Any sports game.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:20:45 PM PST
Gameresq says:
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is great couch co-op material. I have heard several complaints about the single player experience, but none regarding the co-op experience. I have played both and the co-op play is fantastic.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:36:26 PM PST
The Drizzle says:
definitely castle crashers.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:55:15 PM PST
Playstation all stars. It's a fighting game using playstation and third party characters. It's a lot of fun, kid friendly, and you can do up to four player split screen

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:59:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2013 1:00:59 PM PST
Lol, I have the All Stars Platinum, I am very aware of what the game is. Thanks for your help though. I also already hav R&C:A4O, but thanks anyway.

Edit: There is no split screen mode in all stars. Oh, and I already have PvZ and Rayman Origins.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 1:20:59 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
The Lego games are decent, particularly the newer ones. Skylanders is fun. I've heard some okay things about Lord of the Rings: War in the North.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 1:31:19 PM PST
new Tron says:
Tons of great suggestions in this thread. I'd like to add Renegade Ops. Another really fun downloadable game that is great in co op.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 1:33:12 PM PST
Ok, not spljt screen but you all share the same screen.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 1:33:44 PM PST
shiftless says:
Dungeon Siege 3 and the Deathspank games are pretty fun dungeon-crawler types that offer local co-op. Driver: San Francisco has some cool splitscreen modes if you're into driving games. If you're into classic arcade games at all, the Midway Arcade Origins collection supports local multiplayer on all the titles in the collection. Katamari Forever has a limited but fun competitive mode (and a weird co-op mode). And someone else mentioned sports games...NHL, FIFA, and Tiger Woods or Hot Shots Golf can be a lot of fun with a couch competitor.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 3:30:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2013 3:30:59 PM PST
It's already been mentioned, but as a general rule you can usually count on most car/racing games and sports games to come with split screen. Cars 2 has some decent entertainment value when played split screen (definitely not my default genre, played it at a friends' house and was pleasantly surprised). What system do you have?

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 3:33:19 PM PST
Also, Lord of the Rings: Conquest is surprisingly fun when played split screen. Kinda bland for single player though. And I'll reiterate from what someone posted earlier that the Lego series games are great for local coop play.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 3:35:45 PM PST
I have Cars 2, lotr:c and almost all of the Lego games. I also own every system since the gamecube.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 3:37:21 PM PST
I also have Fifa and Forza. Wait a minute, why do I even need a new game? I have plenty! Super Smash Bros., here I come.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 3:43:47 PM PST
Yep, sounds like you have plenty of options to go to as it is. But then again, sometimes it's hard to shake the feeling of "I NEED A NEW GAME". Just call yourself a game collector and you're justified.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 5:28:44 PM PST
Seriously, just pick up the whole pixeljunk series. Amazing games (except racer) and all have local co-op.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 6:29:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2013 6:29:35 PM PST
Dynasty Warriors, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, and Samurai Warriors series. And there's One Piece Musou and Orochi series as well.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 6:33:44 AM PST
Nicos says:
Portal 2.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Mar 1, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions