Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Just when you thought the Westboro Baptist Church couldn't sink any lower.....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 107 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2012 6:54:45 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
.....allow me to introduce you to the new definition of "vile":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/westboro-baptist-church-picket-connecticut-school-shooting_n_2312186.html

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:57:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:58:19 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Why can't someone shoot and kill all of these people? Oh, because the nation wouldn't mourn them and the killer wouldn't have their shock and awe because everyone would love to see these WBC freaks die. I really wish that they would all die though. In horrible ways. I would love to kill them all personally, slowly, after hours of torture.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:58:04 AM PST
Yea... I think this is why anonymous is going after them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:58:40 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Yeah, but then you would be no better than they are.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:59:02 AM PST
I think Anonymous hacked their Twitter and something else and leaked all their information because of this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:59:22 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I don't need to be better than them. I would find no sense of pride in that fact.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:59:55 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
It would be nice if media just ignored this and allow the community to deal with this muahaha

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:59:56 AM PST
FOGE says:
Funny you should say that. The KKK protested their protest. They claimed that they would encircle their protest. Pretty messed up when the KKK seems to be the voice of reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:00:21 AM PST
FOGE says:
They hacked their website and displayed the names and addresses of all the members.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:00:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:09:07 AM PST
I'm a Christian. These people are not Christians in any sense of the word. They willfully ignore large chunks of scripture and favor their own interpretation and that of their leader. They're nothing more than a cult masquerading as Christians.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:02:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:04:55 AM PST
Keller says:
I try my hardest to be non violent and not to hate. But I really, really, really wish those folks harm. They also protest funerals of our fallen soliders who died in war defending this country. Protesting at a funeral (and anything related to a funeral such as Vigil) is just wrong, period. Especially in this particular case. As a father, if I lost my girls and people were protesting at the funeral... it would be hard not to shot somebody, seriously. These folks also protested outside my old high school last year, I couldn't figure out why. IMHO, I put these folks in the same category as Sandusky, I hope them the worst, I really do. :(

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:03:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:04:15 AM PST
Completely agree with ^^

Words cannot describe the vile things that I hope happens to every member of that 'congregation'. It's no wonder why some people have a severe hatred of religion with kooks like these gathering for attention. I hope that Anon helps them get their desired attention.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:04:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:07:02 AM PST
Ice King says:
Wow, who would have thought we'd ever see the day when the KKK were the good guys?
How do you even react to that? Do you thank them and shake their hands?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:04:42 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I don't think you have to worry too much about people confusing the two.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:04:57 AM PST
What, you've never seen "Birth of a Nation"?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:05:05 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Why can't a psychologically impaired person just mass murder everyone who attends this church? I honestly wouldn't care.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:05:23 AM PST
Ice King says:
Even if you did what you want to them, you'd still be better than they are.
You'd have to wallow in filth for a long time before you even came close to their level.
Or scalp one Wii U. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:05:55 AM PST
If being happy = caring, I would care. I might even send the person a care package.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:06:05 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Oh yes. Black people have a genetic fear of the color white. Wow.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:07:48 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
If you pay enough attention to them you would see that you would only be fueling their fire to protest. The media and everyone else just needs to completely ignore this group. The media and others are what give these types of group power. If everyone doesn't pay attention to them they lose their power.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:09:22 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
At least this story has a happy ending.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/19/westboro-baptist-church-protest-newtown-victim-funeral-_n_2331880.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Westboro Baptist Church Newtown Funeral Protest Thwarted By Good Samaritans

Members of the quasi-religious group, Westboro Baptist Church, planned to gather in Connecticut to protest the funeral of Newtown, Conn., shooting victim Principal Dawn Hochsprung. However, Good Samaritans were already there to thwart any possible protest with a human wall.

The Westboro Baptist Church announced plans to picket Hochsprung's funeral on Wednesday in Woodbury, Conn., and "sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment." The group has blamed the mass shooting on Connecticut's same-sex marriage legislation. On Dec. 14, 26 people were shot at Sandy Hook Elementary School, 20 of those victims included children ages 6 and 7.

Motorcylists lined up on Wednesday to protest the possible protesters. "All these guys see us and think we're bad. We're not. It's solidarity, is what it is," New York native Jim Hannigan told Newtown Patch. "I just felt I had to be here."

The hacktivist group Anonymous, which targeted Westboro after their threats to protest, tweeted that members of Westboro were staying in a Motel 6 in Connecticut on Wednesday, according to the Examiner.

"I can't put you through to those rooms," a desk clerk at the motel allegedly told Examiner. "I wish those people weren't staying here. I hate them and what they stand for."

As part of operation #OccupyNewtown, Anonymous enlisted the help of followers to head to Connecticut to block Westboro members from protesting any of the victims' funerals, according to BetaBeat.

On the FDNY-oriented website The Bravest,* a posting asked firefighters and police officers to go to Newtown in plain clothes and block any protesters from the victims' families and friends during the funeral processions.

The group Angel Action, which were ready to counter Westboro Baptist Church protests at the funerals of the Tucson, Ariz., shooting victims in 2011, created a Facebook event to gather others to protect the Newtown funerals as well.

UPDATE: Newtown Patch reports that those offering to block any Westboro Baptist Church protesters from the victims' families are leaving because the group has allegedly left the area.

UPDATE 2: At around 3:20 p.m. on Wednesday, applause erupted in Woodbury when Nicole Sabel of the Women's Center of Greater Danbury made the announcement that Westboro Baptist Church members were not coming to protest at Hochsprung's service, according to Newtown Patch.

Newtown Patch told HuffPost that Westboro members had allegedly contacted area hotels and were reportedly spotted in the town.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:09:42 AM PST
Ice King says:
I've heard that the only thing that gets them even a little upset is mentioning a bastard son one of the women had out of wedlock. I think his name is Sam and he was adopted by her current husband but they know that he's not his and it drives them crazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:10:03 AM PST
Ah, you've seen it? I had to watch it for a film class I took. The first reel is really good, and showed how hard the war was on a lot of families. Then the second reel starts with black-faced soldiers trying to rape white women and the Klan riding in to save the day. It was a serious WTF moment.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:10:14 AM PST
It's really hard to ignore some things when they are as abominable as they are. I just don't have the willpower needed to pay no attention to the filth these people are spewing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:11:04 AM PST
Keller says:
I honestly think it is only a matter of time before they protest the wrong funeral. Some day a parent or parents are going to go crazy and shoot these people. I would guess if a few of them got killed during a protest, they might think twice before protesting again. Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying they should be shot, just pointing out these people are being very wreckless. Some day, assuming they keep this up, they will protest the wrong funeral. :)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  107
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions